1066 showed up yesterday with basically no hydraulic function. Unloading was entertaining with basically zero steering. Nasty storm last night ran me inside but have determined we have no remote pressure, PTO functions. I suspect pump- where do I put gauges to test before removing MCV. Service manual on the way. 

Sounds like pressure plate and pto input shaft splines are gone. Remove cover below the clutch and look for metal shavings. 

It sounds like a filter/suction problem since both hyd systems are dead but the pro still works. Thx-Ace 

1 hour ago, highcotton said:

My post may have been unclear- tractor has PTO function. I looked in cover and PTO works. 

What cover? 

Sounds to me like you shouldn't take on jobs you can't diagnose. 

2 hours ago, J-Mech said:

What cover? 

Sounds to me like you shouldn't take on jobs you can't diagnose. 

Likely the one below the clutch that Kal eluded to.

5 hours ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Likely the one below the clutch that Kal eluded to.

Correct- just figuring since I followed his post (Kal) with mine I wouldn’t need to draw a picture with crayons. Any non self-inflating constructive comments would be greatly appreciated. 

Have you checked the fluid levels and filter?

It doesn't have to have hytran but it does need to be near full and has a clean filter to work.

Thx-Ace 

Filter was changed before I got tractor. Fluid was near full- but it’s leaking into the clutch housing pretty good. I was told they keep adding fluid to keep it full. I’ve pulled flow control and relief valve, nothing obviously wrong with either. Planning to pull MCV and see what drive gear looks like. 

5 hours ago, highcotton said:

Correct- just figuring since I followed his post (Kal) with mine I wouldn’t need to draw a picture with crayons. Any non self-inflating constructive comments would be greatly appreciated. 

Just for you. 

20200630_211632.thumb.jpg.f22f37c006f132d4d5d77df625727552.jpg

22 hours ago, J-Mech said:

Just for you. 

20200630_211632.thumb.jpg.f22f37c006f132d4d5d77df625727552.jpg

Getting tired of seeing this guy putting others down and being disrespectful...........wondering if he was constantly beat up in high school???

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, Mike56073 said:

Getting tired of seeing this guy putting others down and being disrespectful...........wondering if he was constantly beat up in high school???

X2

Probably the other way around.

I like his technical suggestions but he needs to restrain his opinions before he posts. 

The delete key saves me alot of embarrassment!

Thx-Ace 

If you don't want opinions, stay off forums. 

Go buy the service books like I had to if you don't know how to work on something.  Really irritates me when "shops" want free advice that they are going to charge someone for.  I always wonder if their customers know they are on internet forums asking for help, and if they would come back if they knew.  I wouldn't.

And for the record no, I was not a bully, and no one picked on me in high school.  I was smart, already known for my mechanical ability and pretty well liked and respected.  But, there's always "haters" in the world.  Back then and now.  I've always been the guy who "said it like it is".  No sugar coating, no minced words.  Haven't changed much. 

10 minutes ago, J-Mech said:

Go buy the service books like I had to if you don't know how to work on something.  Really irritates me when "shops" want free advice that they are going to charge someone for.  I always wonder if their customers know they are on internet forums asking for help, and if they would come back if they knew.  I wouldn't.

There is a difference between an opinion and being rude. And I thought that’s what this forum is for? Asking others for help on something you don’t know about? Who cares if it’s a shop guy or average joe. If I were a customer and the guy got my tractor fixed I wouldn’t care where he got the info to fix it.

• Like 1
Just now, Cummings1486 said:

There is a difference between an opinion and being rude.

That would be an opinion. 

1 minute ago, Cummings1486 said:

And I thought that’s what this forum is for? Asking others for help on something you don’t know about?

I have never seen anything anywhere here that advertised that as the purpose of this forum. 

2 minutes ago, Cummings1486 said:

Who cares if it’s a shop guy or average joe. If I were a customer and the guy got my tractor fixed I wouldn’t care where he got the info to fix it.

Again, you are entitled to your opinion, only I won't berate you for it.  When I had my shop, I sometimes sublet jobs or parts of jobs out.  (For various reasons.) Had I found out that the other shop was using Internet forums as information sources,  I would have jerked my stuff out their door so fast it might have came off the hinges. You never know who the guy giving the advice is.... interestingly enough that I feel that way, yet choose to stick around and give out free advice.  It's pretty thankless giving out the info you worked hard to learn, that you make money doing, for ABSOLUTELY FREE. Honestly the biggest reason I do it is to keep sharp.  Makes me think about past jobs, and now and again gives me a puzzle to solve. 

21 minutes ago, J-Mech said:

And for the record no, I was not a bully, and no one picked on me in high school.  I was smart, already known for my mechanical ability and pretty well liked and respected.  But, there's always "haters" in the world.  Back then and now.  I've always been the guy who "said it like it is".  No sugar coating, no minced words.  Haven't changed much. 

It is funny how you will come on redpower forum and put everyone down.    But on your cub cadet forum you will give a helpful answer.    I do not doubt your mechanical ability but it is sad you have to put people down.   

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, J-Mech said:

That would be an opinion. 

I have never seen anything anywhere here that advertised that as the purpose of this forum. 

Again, you are entitled to your opinion, only I won't berate you for it.  When I had my shop, I sometimes sublet jobs or parts of jobs out.  (For various reasons.) Had I found out that the other shop was using Internet forums as information sources,  I would have jerked my stuff out their door so fast it might have came off the hinges. You never know who the guy giving the advice is.... interestingly enough that I feel that way, yet choose to stick around and give out free advice.  It's pretty thankless giving out the info you worked hard to learn, that you make money doing, for ABSOLUTELY FREE. Honestly the biggest reason I do it is to keep sharp.  Makes me think about past jobs, and now and again gives me a puzzle to solve. 

Maybe I should rephrase that, you can give opinions without being rude. And while there’s nothing ‘posted’ about that here, I for one have learned lots from this forum and has helped me fix an issue or solve a problem I can’t figure out. And how kind of you not to berate me for my opinion. If I know something that’ll help someone out , stranger or not, I don’t expect to be paid or even a thank you. If it’ll help someone get their tractor going that’s thanks enough for me. You seem to have some good knowledge but, don’t short someone mechanic or not, just for asking for help. If you don’t want to give out your valuable info you worked hard for then don’t. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Cummings1486 said:

If you don’t want to give out your valuable info you worked hard for then don’t. 

And I won't, if I choose not to.  I skip over a lot of threads.  I won't be giving out anymore info in this one. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
26 minutes ago, nate said:

It is funny how you will come on redpower forum and put everyone down.    But on your cub cadet forum you will give a helpful answer.    I do not doubt your mechanical ability but it is sad you have to put people down.   

No one on my forum is working on stuff for money.  Not that has been made public anyway.  Also, no one whines and carries on like some do here.  Yes, I get short with people on my forum too.  There just aren't as many people on my forum as there is here.  After all, mine has not yet been up for even 2 years.  I got real short with some knucklehead on my forum about a year or so ago.  I give short answers to some of the one post wonders too.  The ones who join and post on every forum and FB page, then you never see or hear from them again.  At least until their tractor breaks again.

On 6/30/2020 at 6:29 AM, highcotton said:

1066 showed up yesterday with basically no hydraulic function. Unloading was entertaining with basically zero steering. Nasty storm last night ran me inside but have determined we have no remote pressure, PTO functions. I suspect pump- where do I put gauges to test before removing MCV. Service manual on the way. 

Did you get it figured out?

Got sidetracked on a combine issue I finished up today that was more pressing (it was ours- wheat harvest has been a fight). Hoping to get back at it after the 4th. I’ve pulled pressure regulator, flow control, and relief valve and everything seems ok there. Service manual got here yesterday so I’ll do some digging from here. I’ve got a little time- sometimes the non-paying jobs become the tough ones. 

Question. When you say you have no remote pressure are you talking about the hydraulic connections on the rear for operating implements and such? The 3 point and the remotes run off one hydraulic pump in the rear end driven by the pto drive line. The steering, brakes, TA run off a different hydraulic pump in the transmission mounted on the back of the MCV valve and geared to the pto driven gear. If you have pto function but no steering or pressure at the remotes the the common denominator is the suction side of the two pumps. There is an o-ring between transmission and rear that can suck air and prevent priming. The filter could be plugged but it has an emergency relief valve. Unless relief has been altered. After filter change rev the engine to see if you can get the pumps to prime. Overfill hytran by 5 gallons to get level above o-ring.

10 hours ago, highcotton said:

Got sidetracked on a combine issue I finished up today that was more pressing (it was ours- wheat harvest has been a fight). Hoping to get back at it after the 4th. I’ve pulled pressure regulator, flow control, and relief valve and everything seems ok there. Service manual got here yesterday so I’ll do some digging from here. I’ve got a little time- sometimes the non-paying jobs become the tough ones. 

Ain’t that the truthAin’t that the truth