NW Ohio plow day

ohio farmer

5 minutes ago, DT Fan said:

If there were two less states between us............

Hoping for lots of pictures, maybe some video?

I hope so also.  I would love to take in a plow day or two this fall.  Work will have me that day....

1 hour ago, Sledgehammer said:

I hope so also.  I would love to take in a plow day or two this fall.  Work will have me that day....

I so wish also ! 

Fine group of guys at this plow day and would love to spend day p[lowing with them !:wub:

Just a little far to haul my 560 and #314 F.H. plow from Central Valley Calif.  lol.:(

What about we bring OHIO to Central Cal for a plow day ?:wub:

Tony

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Tonyinca said:

I so wish also ! 

Fine group of guys at this plow day and would love to spend day p[lowing with them !:wub:

Just a little far to haul my 560 and #314 F.H. plow from Central Valley Calif.  lol.:(

What about we bring OHIO to Central Cal for a plow day ?:wub:

Tony

I'd fly out there for one. :D Or you could fly out here, I'm sure Mark would let you take his 560 for a few rounds. 

• Like 1

On 7/20/2020 at 11:59 AM, 2+2 Guy said:

Google maps says 40 minutes. Got a spare room if you make the trip and a dog house if you bring a certain gentleman from PA. I understand that he spends most of his time in one. ?

Well your correct again John .....?

Unfortunately it dosent look good for the boarder to be open at this point .... if some one was to paint a big x on the ground at the site John I could try to parachute in ....our Infamous soil expert would have to drive himself to the site but I dont know if he could drive himself 6 hrs without being able not to yack to somebody  .... the good is my stomach will be happier without all that Advil in it 

HP

• Haha 2

On 7/30/2020 at 8:23 AM, FarmallFan said:

I'd fly out there for one. :D Or you could fly out here, I'm sure Mark would let you take his 560 for a few rounds. 

It’s in my bucket list !  
hope I have enough time left to empty the bucket ! Lol

tony

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tonyinca said:

It’s in my bucket list !  
hope I have enough time left to empty the bucket ! Lol

tony

It is a nice driving tractor.  he let me use it a few years back; I enjoyed it.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ohio farmer said:

Plow day hosts are trying to get many Deere at this years event.

Will be there with 806. Buddy said he was coming up sad to say he's green. Did meet a fellow yesterday at TSC was telling him about plow day said he might try and make it up with the Super MD he just bought.

• Like 1

Here's a video from years past it's long with good plowing action and, some deeper meaning so enjoy.  listen to the words and take note of how things fit together I wasn't trying for this it just turned out that way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drglinski said:

The one where you fly the drone into the corn is my favorite.  

I'd like to see that one.  

7 hours ago, 1legonutt said:

Here's a video from years past it's long with good plowing action and, some deeper meaning so enjoy.

Good work on your video's. Always enjoy them. Thanks for your time and for sharing.

Pending the rain forecast and several other things I’m hoping to possibly bring the super m and a three bottom. It would be the first time in 3-7 years depending on the plow I pick that one of our old tractors and plows has been plowing.

Has it been opened yet and is it tight or is it going to be hard to get a plow to bite in? That was always our biggest problem and I don’t want to fight it all day.

It would be my first time flying solo and I never set the plow depth before so I may need some help getting it level. Hoping if I go there will be one or two red power guys that would help me if I need it.

8 minutes ago, SuperWD9 said:

Pending the rain forecast and several other things I’m hoping to possibly bring the super m and a three bottom. It would be the first time in 3-7 years depending on the plow I pick that one of our old tractors and plows has been plowing.

Has it been opened yet and is it tight or is it going to be hard to get a plow to bite in? That was always our biggest problem and I don’t want to fight it all day.

It would be my first time flying solo and I never set the plow depth before so I may need some help getting it level. Hoping if I go there will be one or two red power guys that would help me if I need it.

Farm owner laid off some lands on Friday. It plowed better than we expected. 
There’s always guys around helping others get their plows set. 
Hope you have a great time.

9 minutes ago, ohio farmer said:

Farm owner laid off some lands on Friday. It plowed better than we expected. 

So a Super M should be able to handle a 3-14 or 3-16 in this ground and it should bite fairly good is what I’m interpreting. Am I correct?

I only have room for the tractor and one plow and I haven’t plowed nearby so I am basing this on what we have normally run in the past (30-45 miles SE of Payne).

I am not trying to sound dumb I just want to bring the right sized setup.

Thanks in advance.

8 minutes ago, SuperWD9 said:

So a Super M should be able to handle a 3-14 or 3-16 in this ground and it should bite fairly good is what I’m interpreting. Am I correct?

I only have room for the tractor and one plow and I haven’t plowed nearby so I am basing this on what we have normally run in the past (30-45 miles SE of Payne).

Thanks in advance.

Never have to feel dumb with Mark and his friends.  Class act guys that will help you set up a tractor and plow without making you feel humiliated.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SuperWD9 said:

Thanks in advance.

I think a super m would do fine with 3-14”. That’s what I would put on it.

2+2 Guy and I got the alternator installed on my H today. Just have to let the battery finish charging and load up tractor and plow.

• Like 3

Just watched weather and they are calling for rain tonight for Payne Ohio tonight. Please let us know as soon as it does If it does. Don’t want to make the trip for nothing. It will take me 2 hours to get there plus I am an hour slower, so I would have to leave around 6. 

thanks. Jerry

5 hours ago, SMOKER 1 said:

Just watched weather and they are calling for rain tonight for Payne Ohio tonight. Please let us know as soon as it does If it does. Don’t want to make the trip for nothing. It will take me 2 hours to get there plus I am an hour slower, so I would have to leave around 6. 

thanks. Jerry

Nothing at Payne so far. All north and east of here

10 minutes ago, ohio farmer said:

Nothing at Payne so far. All north and east of here

I can attest to that. We got dumped on tonight. Will have to load at first light in the morning. 

On 6/29/2020 at 10:29 PM, ohio farmer said:

24401C08-63FE-4934-9131-674B6DFB28CD.thumb.jpeg.e87ce634aa53dc747b4ba178b0066138.jpegAugust 15th is set as the day we will be plowing.

120 acres right at west edge of Payne, Ohio, on St Rt. 613.  More info later, just wanted to give you all a heads up.

Mark

Hey there looking forward to tommorrow wes 806 is my hubby I go by eeyore65 65 on here . I hope to see and meet few of ya plus see some that we did last time hubby and I went . Have safe trip everyone . Hope meet some new friends tommorrow 

• Like 1