ohio farmer

NW Ohio plow day

24401C08-63FE-4934-9131-674B6DFB28CD.thumb.jpeg.e87ce634aa53dc747b4ba178b0066138.jpegAugust 15th is set as the day we will be plowing.

120 acres right at west edge of Payne, Ohio, on St Rt. 613.  More info later, just wanted to give you all a heads up.

Mark

• Like 6

As of now, I've got nothing going on that day, so will try and be there.  Thanks, Mark.

jerry

• Like 2

I'm intend to be there again. Thanks Mark

• Like 1

That’s great to hear, Mark. Was just talking about that with a forum member last night and we were speculating if it would happen this year. Might be one of the few events that we can participate in this year. 

• Like 2

The host farmers are huge JD fans, collectors, and they are spreading the word around to all the clubs that they are affiliated with.

I need to counter that with as many Farmalls as we can get.

E50C3446-94AB-4120-BAFC-6B2594FA8E0E.thumb.jpeg.2b8ffad634476a22039387d971aa8dbb.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, 2+2 Guy said:

That’s great to hear, Mark. Was just talking about that with a forum member last night and we were speculating if it would happen this year. Might be one of the few events that we can participate in this year. 

I'm going to need some help making sure my H is ready to go. I still think it's got generator issues.

14 minutes ago, FarmallFan said:

I'm going to need some help making sure my H is ready to go. I still think it's got generator issues.

186 and a 3 or 4 bottom 16" would be great

Hey Mark!

How you been!

Long time/no see!

3 hours ago, MTO said:

Hey Mark!

How you been!

Long time/no see!

Right... been very busy. Son joined the farm operation and right off we had 3 neighbors that wanted to retire and all 3 came to us, asking if we wanted to farm their farms, so operation has grown a lot in last couple years. Keeping me out of trouble. Too busy for that. Still using the old 560 around the farm for odds and ends.

Anyhow... I follow Red Power but haven’t posted much lately.
Hope you and yours are doing well.

• Like 3

What a drastic difference in age and technology in the two tractors in the first picture.  Just think of the gains in technology in that time period.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, WESnIL said:

What a drastic difference in age and technology in the two tractors in the first picture.  Just think of the gains in technology in that time period.

That has to be one of my favorite plow day pictures and I know it is one of Red Bibs Bill’s also. I seem to recall that he told me that he has a copy of it hanging up at home. 
A few years ago I had my F14 at a show and an elderly gentleman was looking it over. He told me that he had one back in the day but traded it off on an H.
I commented that he must have thought that he was in heaven when went from the F14 to an H. 

He thought for a moment and said, “Yes but let me tell ya something, son. When I went from looking at the a$$ end of a team of mules to the F14, I thought I was in heaven also.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Yes, like so many other things in life, everything seems to be relative anymore.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 12:25 PM, FarmallFan said:

Put a plow behind the 186!!!! 

We have all colors show up for our plow day. Makes for a fun day.

9AA140FA-773A-4535-A1FE-860CFA210F31.thumb.jpeg.951ed2ff58d7f19a4e92bcbe9b2e4249.jpegA8C30E0C-6685-4D3B-8ECA-3FE62551941F.thumb.jpeg.5f8938b164938bebd3c91d56df37b4f1.jpeg

• Like 7

Mark what kind of ground is going to be plowed up there?

On 7/12/2020 at 11:51 PM, Wes806 said:

Mark what kind of ground is going to be plowed up there?

Wheat stubble, hoping for some rain

Hmmm  ....  think the boarders will be open by then  fellas ??  could be talked into a few rounds ( for old time sake lol  )

how far is this from johns place ??

HP

On 7/18/2020 at 2:14 PM, Hot Plug said:

Hmmm  ....  think the boarders will be open by then  fellas ??  could be talked into a few rounds ( for old time sake lol  )

HP

poor Poor POOR John!

On 7/18/2020 at 2:14 PM, Hot Plug said:

HP

Less than an hour drive. I’m sure you could find an old 560 or something, to make a few rounds on.

• Like 2

Google maps says 40 minutes. Got a spare room if you make the trip and a dog house if you bring a certain gentleman from PA. I understand that he spends most of his time in one. 😊

• Haha 6

Is this event something we can bring a sxs and ride around and be spectators?

8 hours ago, thewaz1066 said:

Is this event something we can bring a sxs and ride around and be spectators?

I think you can as I've seen a lot of carts and people just walking around looking and talking in the last 2 years I've went.

Bumping this up...

063DFC59-8D4F-4F85-9D3D-53B471DCB2B8.jpeg.f11d9119949bc1115fdaabbabbf54098.jpeg

• Like 2

If there were two less states between us............

Hoping for lots of pictures, maybe some video?

• Like 2