AGCO Parts

IH Forever

I’m just curious if AGCO parts are typically high priced? I bought a Massey disc mower and I’d like to replace skid shoes that are getting worn. Called the local dealer and they have them on hand $39.93 each. Online I can buy A&I skid shoes for $17.70 each. I will gladly pay some more for OEM as being able to pick them up when I need them and not needing pay shipping is worth a lot. But unless the OEM are vastly better quality +2x the price seems like a big difference.

5 minutes ago, Charlieu said:

Install one of each and run your own test.

Now your talking is ?I like that idea ? 

1 hour ago, Charlieu said:

Install one of each and run your own test.

Probably a good idea but I don’t think I’m going to take the time to run to the dealer and pay shipping online. I’m just going to order online and see how they last. If I don’t think they wear like they should I’ll know better next time.

At work we went through a bunch a wear shoes for John Deere 4995/R450 mower.  We showed it to our steel supplier thinking we could get something made to weld to it like AR450.  They ended up building the whole thing out of AR 450 thicker than the original for about 40 dollars less than they cost from Deere.  We figured they lasted about 50 percent longer.  Now we use a claas and a pottinger triple mower and had them make us weld on wear plates for those so we weren’t wearing out the original ones .  I would try the A and I and Massey at same time.  

I have no idea what these shoes look like, but on my sickle mowers I was wearing out the shoes since the tend to drag on the asphalt when I mow the ditch. I went to CAT and bought a weld on bucket wear plate (looks like a Kit Kat). Tough and lasts for years dragging on the road.  

if you take some time you can probably find a wear product to add to your worn shoe, but at even $34 your not going to be ahead any.