Inj pump help on an MD

VWDan

I've bought an MD that was built into a grader, and I'm needing help to disassemble the inj pump to check the screen at the plunger reservoir inlet .

Previous owner collapsed a secondary fuel filter and we think that sent debris in and the pump just has zero pump shot.

Pump is off...its the IH pump, not Bosch. 

Any help would be great...I need to get the ol boy rolling for some driveway maintenance. 

Screenshot_20200628-151023_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200628-151036_Gallery.jpg

Talk to Ed from heritage Diesel, look up injpumped on members send him a message of youR situation as best you can .

there are 100s of posts on the subject and plenty from mb cat in the archive section

as this is a free site the search sucks   you have to do it external back to here

service  can be done at home, likely needs a good cleaning

https://www.google.com/search?q=td9+injector+pump+repair&rlz=1C1GGGE_enUS520US570&oq=td9+injector+pump+repair&aqs=chrome..69i57.7695j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

41 minutes ago, 560Dennis said:

Talk to Ed from heritage Diesel, look up injpumped on members send him a message of youR situation as best you can .

thanks for the plug Dennis, but I am no longer doing these! Too hard to get parts for, and I just cannot spend the time messing with them. 

11 hours ago, Injpumped said:

thanks for the plug Dennis, but I am no longer doing these! Too hard to get parts for, and I just cannot spend the time messing with them. 

Oh ! ok !? , well someone might reverse engineer the parts some day ? I’m not that familiar with them to know there downfalls , to bad .

Give DK Diesel in Waterown SD  a call and talk to Harvey 605-886-2750 . I work on a few these engines a year and they seem to be able to rebuild thses pumps and have parts .

14 hours ago, mmi said:

yes but YOU have to hunt it as above

Yes, well....these blog things really aren't too useful usually...esp with crappy search abilities,  and the endless haggling and horn-tooting that one has to read thru in order to excavate the fluff to find the gold that may or may not be there....

...oh well...price of scrap IS climbing again.

4 hours ago, FARMALL FIXER said:

Give DK Diesel in Waterown SD  a call and talk to Harvey 605-886-2750 . I work on a few these engines a year and they seem to be able to rebuild thses pumps and have parts .

I'll give him a call...but from what I've found so far...most of those guys are SO pleased with their abilities and references,  that they prefer not to share advice...but the "service" they provide is Top Shelf...like a liquor store.

Hopefully he'll be willing to give advice!

• Like 1

There is a screen on top of the plunger take the cap with a screw driver slot off to access it.  There is also a screen in the water trap, make sure that is clean, I have had them give me trouble.  Old fuel can cause a lot of grief to a fuel system.  Usually all those old pumps need is a good cleaning and they will work ok.  Make sure your fuel tank is clean, if it isn't you will have nothing but trouble.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VWDan said:

Yes, well....these blog things really aren't too useful usually...esp with crappy search abilities,  and the endless haggling and horn-tooting that one has to read thru in order to excavate the fluff to find the gold that may or may not be there....

...oh well...price of scrap IS climbing again.

it has ALL  !!! been covered here well

you must do the work of an outside search,to find it back in here

Did ya get all the info you needed ?

7 hours ago, 560Dennis said:

Did ya get all the info you needed ?

No...I haven't had time to make the calls during the day yet, but I tried a couple generic searches and I only found the same endless blogging as before. There's the couple of pictures of the unit apart...and couple guys talking about taking one apart,  and 475 paragraphs of utter fluff mixed in to make it impossible to wade thru.

So far...not a single picture that depicts where said 'injection plunger reservoir screen' is.

4 minutes ago, VWDan said:

No...I haven't had time to make the calls during the day yet, but I tried a couple generic searches and I only found the same endless blogging as before. There's the couple of pictures of the unit apart...and couple guys talking about taking one apart,  and 475 paragraphs of utter fluff mixed in to make it impossible to wade thru.

So far...not a single picture that depicts where said 'injection plunger reservoir screen' is.

Keep trying , someone will have a step by step description of what to do for you to follow , sorry I can’t help , I only know 560 Diesel