Sign in to follow this  
zleinenbach

20 years difference

I think it is absolutely fascinating how for technology progresses.  I know there’s way better examples but this one hit me pretty good

4555A59C-5E73-4370-BA22-FD6AAEB4CC9A.jpeg

• Like 6

I"ll still drive the 1066.

• Like 2

If the CIH gives you the service the IH did, it`s all good. 

And I bet the tarp is to keep the tire marks off the new cement. :ph34r:

Nice pair. 

4 minutes ago, WisIHCFarmer said:

It still amazes me how Dad's 1486 tri stripe and my 7130 are only 7 years apart.😳

Do you wonder how much of a start the 1486 had while they developed the 7130..... you don’t just make those changes. There’s design development tooling testing etc..... completely crazy to me

Just now, MTO said:

If the CIH gives you the service the IH did, it`s all good. 

And I bet the tarp is to keep the tire marks off the new cement. :ph34r:

Nice pair. 

I had my cousins lily Rotera on 5220. Apparently it aborted any type of oil seal years ago. All the oil I put in gear box is probably laying below that lumber tarp haha

40 minutes ago, zleinenbach said:

I think it is absolutely fascinating how for technology progresses.  I know there’s way better examples but this one hit me pretty good

4555A59C-5E73-4370-BA22-FD6AAEB4CC9A.jpeg

What's the red quad? Looks gnu.

Just now, zleinenbach said:

I had my cousins lily Rotera on 5220. Apparently it aborted any type of oil seal years ago. All the oil I put in gear box is probably laying below that lumber tarp haha

And both have same hours

Just now, Dasnake said:

Honda foreman. One of those “auto rv deals” in 2006. They’d give you $3000 back after 3 years. That’s a 2006, 300

hours. We all know what happened in 2008

2 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

I lived at home, had no credit (paid cash). My girlfriend, now my wife , said I needed to buy a four wheeler. At the time, what was offered, was better than any interest rate... and here we are 🤣🤣😂

3 minutes ago, zleinenbach said:

Honda foreman. One of those “auto rv deals” in 2006. They’d give you $3000 back after 3 years. That’s a 2006, 300

hours. We all know what happened in 2008

1 minute ago, zleinenbach said:

I lived at home, had no credit (paid cash). My girlfriend, now my wife , said I needed to buy a four wheeler. At the time, what was offered, was better than any interest rate... and here we are 🤣🤣😂

Looks great, I have my '04 kawa that I have no reason to change, to me the marketing does what the manufacturer wants, this new one has this new bell and whistle, buy buy buy, the change from carbs to efi is great if you are buying new, but the carb runs fine so why change, mine has 3000 hours and is fine, cosmetics not so much😵 but so what. Good get Z.

Mine is manual shift, no bells or whistles. It likes the choke, but I can’t justify in my position to buy a side by side. I’d love to have it but man they are proud of those things. Not to mention most of our friends have a razor, and I’d still be odd man out

My kid worked for a honda dealer when he got me this through his buddy who was the BC kawa rep, got this for 5400.00 and no tax because and indian friend bought it for me ( carded indians don't pay tax) he dressed it all up for fathers day and I service it all the time and here we are, one thing I like is the KVR belt drive, changed the belt last year after 15 years.

I know...  my 98 8930 vs my 2011 210cvt.  Its just amazing the smoothness of power and the comfort.  I never felt the 8930 was old till the 210 showed up last month!

20 years....what...a W400 be the compare to the 1066?  Thats a huge jump!

To me, I thought there was a pretty big jump from my 966 to my 1486 and that was just 4 years difference😁

Since 4 wheelers have been brought up. I have had three Honda's in 35 years (still have the last two) From my 1985 Fourtrax 250 to my 2004 Rancher to my 2015 Rubicon. There were light years difference and all positive IMHO

• Like 2

If a guy looked from 1900 to 2020, 120% of a century.... it is inspirational really. From a horse to strapping three guys into a m80 and sending them to a moon, and that was a little over halfway....it’s humbling 

1 minute ago, sandhiller said:

To me, I thought there was a pretty big jump from my 966 to my 1486 and that was just 4 years difference😁

Since 4 wheelers have been brought up. I have had three Honda's in 35 years (still have the last two) From my 1985 Fourtrax 250 to my 2004 Rancher to my 2015 Rubicon. There were light years difference and all positive IMHO

This is 100% correct. The funny thing is, ask anyone who changed oil! Nobody those things were made bulletproof for morons such as myself at 16 years old

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, zleinenbach said:

If a guy looked from 1900 to 2020, 120% of a century.... it is inspirational really. From a horse to strapping three guys into a m80 and sending them to a moon, and that was a little over halfway....it’s humbling 

Leno has said.."cars from 1900 to 2000 really were still same basic principals but nicer..refined.  2000 and on have been huge leaps in how they operate and drive and the reliability is amazing when you really think about it"

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Oh ya the changes are innumerable, and if I guess correctly you use yours for ridin, ropin, and ranchin, ( thanks tony). But I use mine 2 or 3 times a year and having it dressed the way I do it wouldn't make sense, same as my 13 year old truck peeps say time to trade it in, nope, not gonna happen.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

Oh ya the changes are innumerable, and if I guess correctly you use yours for ridin, ropin, and ranchin, ( thanks tony). But I use mine 2 or 3 times a year and having it dressed the way I do it wouldn't make sense, same as my 13 year old truck peeps say time to trade it in, nope, not gonna happen.

Ya, set up for work only. When I brought the Ranger home in '16, I loaded up the wife, dogs, a couple guns, and a cooler. We took an evening ride of about 20 miles. That is the last time it has been taken out just to go for a ride.  It and the 4 wheelers are simply to make my work life easier. They are all too damn expensive but they save me a lot of time and it would be hard to ranch without them now that i am used to having them. 

1 minute ago, sandhiller said:

Ya, set up for work only. When I brought the Ranger home in '16, I loaded up the wife, dogs, a couple guns, and a cooler. We took an evening ride of about 20 miles. That is the last time it has been taken out just to go for a ride.  It and the 4 wheelers are simply to make my work life easier. They are all too damn expensive but they save me a lot of time and it would be hard to ranch without them now that i am used to having them. 

What the **** happened to the loner cowboy and his faithful horse ridin the range fixen fences and drinken cowboy coffee while chewin tabakky.

This baloney of quads and airplanes and diesel trucks is destroying my " longriders" vision, oh the agony of old age.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

You got more "riding" miles than I got on my Rubicon lol. The day I brought it home with 6700 km is the day it started working lol. Well over 23000 km now and it has no plan of retiring yet. Some day I'll be able to just sit on the quad and go for a nice enjoyable ride. Ahh, well time to wake up from that dream....😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

What the **** happened to the loner cowboy and his faithful horse ridin the range fixen fences and drinken cowboy coffee while chewin tabakky.

This baloney of quads and airplanes and diesel trucks is destroying my " longriders" vision, oh the agony of old age.

I started and deleted this response ten times at least. Wanted to just joke about it but..................

I wish I could have been more successful in my life, owned my ranch free and clear by now, one or more of the boys running it for me. Time to ride and enjoy a good horse working cattle. But, it is one of my fails. 

I am trying to pack as much into every 24 as I can so maybe someday me and the missus can slow down and enjoy the grandkids. Sadly the "baloney" allows me to do this. 

I can do in a couple of hours on a quad what would take me the better part of the day a horseback. Remember I work alone, no help for most everything.  No one is sadder about this than me. Best times i ever had was working cattle on a good horse. I remember those days just can't afford them any more.

When working cattle, it ain't what's between your legs, it's what's between your ears. 

Horse, quad, motorcycle, your own two feet. They are just a means to put you in position to make the cow go where you want her to go. 

Sorry bout the dissertation. It is something I fight in my head from time to time. Don't want it to be depressing, just realism. We all can't be successful. Some of us just keep trying. I have lived the life, done it all horseback,  I have good memories. Got the boys growed up on the ranch. That is enough for me.

I am happiest when I am working so, I will always be able to be happy. 

Not sayin it ain't out there, it just ain't here. 

• Like 8

Wow, for one thing the long riders quote was a joke, as you know the story was about a bunch of s**trats.

And going by our talks your in a pretty good place, the reference to all things motorized was a city reference to the old west, and living where you are I think you get that point, I’ve been to the old west version and I’ve seen your version, if you take away the motorized reference, insert the horse, the only real difference is the timeline of which you speak ( maybe the coffee too) the changes aren’t all that great, and if tony lama can expound on ridin, ropin, and ranchin, then I will to, 500.00 to 2000.00 dollar boots be damned.

44 years.

2969B0F0-83E7-48A3-8D43-C42D1D6EF14F.jpeg

• Like 6