MTO

Where`d he go?

1 hour ago, 1466fan said:

She also released all the people arrested during the riots with no charges. She had funding from George Soros and got elected after the Ferguson bs. 

But I bet we know some on here who will say she is right. But looking at her and her track record? She is the problem, not the solution. Trying to practice judicial radicalism and political activism from a prosecutor's  desk.

Rick

• Like 2

Oh I will add this because of an earlier comment:

If you break into my home to steal my "stuff" you value my "stuff" more than you value your life. I worked hard to get where I am today. I also paid a price in my health. So no, it's not just stuff. It's my property that I worked hard for. I'm not willing to make an "unplanned donation". Thankfully I'm far enough away for cities that I really don't see an issue.

Rick 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Atilathehun99 said:

Shows the fallacy of assuming.

Started hunting/shooting before I was 10.  My dad held an FFL for over 30-years.  Currently own more firearms that I can pick up and hold w/ both hands and arms.

To each their own but w/ me that great fascination w/ guns died out decades ago.

You are one up on me, I don't own a hand gun just a 22 rifle. It's the wife you need to watch out for she is always packing.

• Haha 1

On 6/29/2020 at 6:36 PM, jass1660 said:

I have no need for a mask.

I think Dr. Fauci means that masks are only important when you think the camera's on.

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, cjf711 said:

But covid19 is a flu,   its not special in really any physical way where its smaller than the average flu or larger,  its just a flu.  

Actually no, it's not a "flu". Flu is short for influenza, the type of virus causing the disease. Covid 19 is a disease caused by a corona virus, a different type.

Masks work by preventing people who carry the virus from spreading it when they cough or sneeze. Since anyone can be a carrier with or without symptoms it's the only good way to prevent spread if you can't keep your distance from others.

A byproduct of masks is that they will similarly reduce the spread of rhinoviruses, the type that cause the common cold. We all know that when a family member comes home sneezing pretty soon the whole house has a cold. The spread was those droplets in the air and on surfaces we touch then touch a mucus membrane or your eye, the entry points for the nasty creatures.

Tucker interviews McCloskey.

And if more proof is needed that the left eats their own, this guy and his wife donated and supported BLM.

• Like 1

Good old BLM

Burn

Loot

Murder

• Like 1

3 hours ago, New Englander said:

Actually no, it's not a "flu". Flu is short for influenza, the type of virus causing the disease. Covid 19 is a disease caused by a corona virus, a different type.

Masks work by preventing people who carry the virus from spreading it when they cough or sneeze. Since anyone can be a carrier with or without symptoms it's the only good way to prevent spread if you can't keep your distance from others.

A byproduct of masks is that they will similarly reduce the spread of rhinoviruses, the type that cause the common cold. We all know that when a family member comes home sneezing pretty soon the whole house has a cold. The spread was those droplets in the air and on surfaces we touch then touch a mucus membrane or your eye, the entry points for the nasty creatures.

What I meant was it’s a virus,  influenza, the corona virus, the other you listed.  All similar physical properties in terms of the size it is.   How it interacts once inside the body is different but in terms of how it interacts physically with a mask is no different.

my point is,  either masks do a job or they do not, people seem to make both arguments that masks do nothing For covid 19 and also may have a side effect that will make us have reduced immunity to common cold. Which seems incorrect to me. 

40 minutes ago, cjf711 said:

my point is,  either masks do a job or they do not, people seem to make both arguments that masks do nothing For covid 19 and also may have a side effect that will make us have reduced immunity to common cold. Which seems incorrect to me. 

I would think that the time facial covering wearing would impact reduced immunity from other pathogens would be quite long.

Don't have evidence, just an opinion.

People who I have done business with for decades have taken sides in this mask issue.

I don`t wear one and some have gotten irate with me over that.

One woman in her 40s left me a VM stating she won`t be back due to my inconsiderate actions. 

Last time I looked, it was MY name on the sign outside. 

So I guess I am inconsiderate..... among other things.

15 minutes ago, Atilathehun99 said:

I would think that the time facial covering wearing would impact reduced immunity from other pathogens would be quite long.

Don't have evidence, just an opinion.

Its a point that seems logical to me also.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MTO said:

People who I have done business with for decades have taken sides in this mask issue.

I don`t wear one and some have gotten irate with me over that.

One woman in her 40s left me a VM stating she won`t be back due to my inconsiderate actions. 

Last time I looked, it was MY name on the sign outside. 

So I guess I am inconsiderate..... among other things.

Its your house, its your rules,  no one has to come in if they dont want to.

If you come into my house then I assume you follow the rules of my house as I would follow those of yours. 

If we both have to go to the dmv and stand in line for an hour then neither of us are in our house anymore.   So probably one or both of us wont be as satisfied as if we were.

2 minutes ago, cjf711 said:

If you come into my house then I assume you follow the rules of my house as I would follow those of yours. 

If we both have to go to the dmv and stand in line for an hour then neither of us are in our house anymore.   So probably one or both of us wont be as satisfied as if we were.

Ayup, but getting the point across is futile.

7 minutes ago, MTO said:

106389089_2754107224868140_9030699799629483910_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=X_89WleTQHgAX8C6aau&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=8efc1867982359a26bc7c6be3b4c21ef&oe=5F20B3B3

I need the raccoon vaccine real badly here.....   raccoon-20 looks even worse than raccoon-19 already

1 hour ago, jass1660 said:

Good old BLM

Burn

Loot

Murder

They might want to get some thing better than a mask for the Burn activities that can give off some nasty fumes a Scott Air Pack would be better.

3 hours ago, Steve C. said:

Tucker interviews McCloskey.

And if more proof is needed that the left eats their own, this guy and his wife donated and supported BLM.

Kind of looks like he's got a couple of other magazines in his pockets.

It sounds like his Private security bailed 

So it was save your own ass I don't blame him. 

Had they showed up at my place they would have needed the refer truck to haul off the protesters   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jeeper61 said:

Kind of looks like he's got a couple of other magazines in his pockets.

It sounds like his Private security bailed 

So it was save your own ass I don't blame him. 

Had they showed up at my place they would have needed the refer truck to haul off the protesters   

anyone else notice they are barefoot?  put some crocs on or something,  that concrete can be hot!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, cjf711 said:

anyone else notice they are barefoot?  put some crocs on or something,  that concrete can be hot!

and....

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/9336938/Horizontal-stripes-really-do-make-you-look-fat.html

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cjf711 said:

Fortunately for me, I do not socialize with any liberals, too distasteful for both them and me!  Saves each of us major heartburn and perhaps an arse whooping!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cjf711 said:

Which seems incorrect to me

I agree entirely. We get somewhat immune to the common cold or Rhino viruses by exposure and suffering the effects. Sadly there are so many that we'll never have an immunity to all plus they mutate to new forms. I wonder if someone, someday, will break the code on all viruses leading to their eradication. While there are good and bad bacteria, I don't ever recall hearing about a good virus. Perhaps there is.

The intentional misinformation circulated at first, that you don't need a mask, was to prevent hoarding and to make a supply available to the medical professionals who needed them. Now that the supply is adequate, the advice is to wear one, which I do in stores where I cannot stay away from the masses. There's nothing like running in to Walmart for a bottle of oil only to run into some sneezing, slobbering shopper who's not wearing a mask. I have then left the store, tossed my mask, and lathered up in Purell.

States started to open up, everyone decided "it's all over" and mingled closely with the resultant new surge in some states.

Of course the press will never admit that protestors and looters, a press word for common thieves, helped a new surge.  I only hope everyone who went home with new TVs and sneakers is home suffering.

• Like 1

My plan is to be carried by six. Two tall 4 short. Guess who’ll carry the weight and be my least best buds. 

John

4 hours ago, New Englander said:

I agree entirely. We get somewhat immune to the common cold or Rhino viruses by exposure and suffering the effects. Sadly there are so many that we'll never have an immunity to all plus they mutate to new forms. I wonder if someone, someday, will break the code on all viruses leading to their eradication. While there are good and bad bacteria, I don't ever recall hearing about a good virus. Perhaps there is.

The intentional misinformation circulated at first, that you don't need a mask, was to prevent hoarding and to make a supply available to the medical professionals who needed them. Now that the supply is adequate, the advice is to wear one, which I do in stores where I cannot stay away from the masses. There's nothing like running in to Walmart for a bottle of oil only to run into some sneezing, slobbering shopper who's not wearing a mask. I have then left the store, tossed my mask, and lathered up in Purell.

States started to open up, everyone decided "it's all over" and mingled closely with the resultant new surge in some states.

Of course the press will never admit that protestors and looters, a press word for common thieves, helped a new surge.  I only hope everyone who went home with new TVs and sneakers is home suffering.

We've all got our opinions on this. Yes I know it's real. I wish I knew how bad it was or wasn't. Was in our local paper yesterday that according to a federal report we had a nursing home with 58 cases and like 6 deaths in the same facility. We don't have that many confirmed cases in the whole county through the whole thing and no reported deaths . This was put in the paper by the local health Dept. So this is where I get skeptical about it. Don't inflate the numbers, show me facts. How come nobody ever wore face masks during the flu season? I know it's not a flu it's a virus but both kill people everyday. I don't think it's practical to think people are going to wear a mask from here on out. 

• Like 1

Here in our county 66% of new cases are Spanish people. Must have to do with the start of summer harvest. We have a large amount of year around Spanish which seemed to do well through the winter. The Health Dept is reaching out to them with info trying to slow it down. Will be hard to accomplish with the normal socializing these family's do.