MTO

Where`d he go?

Agree it might not have been the best idea to point it at anyone, tho given the recent violent riots described as mostly peaceful protests i can understand why they might have. 

6 minutes ago, bitty said:

I don't know the particulars of this event. But if this was my neighbors on their property and I was in a crowd advancing ( and trespassing) towards them I have no right to shoot them in that situation. If they are on their property they have a right to defend themselves. 

1.  No evidence of tresspassing

2. Even if so peeps feel the need to brandish arms when another peeps(s) steps a foot on their lawn as they're walking down the street?  LOL

What a fuched up country we've become.

3 minutes ago, Atilathehun99 said:

Maybe I'm the only one here but I was always taught the cardinal rule of guns was ......Don't point a gun at anything unless you intend to use it."

Then from, and IF the protesters were taught the same, and IF they were packing, and IF I were one of them I'd assume a high likelyhood that the woman (and man) were threatening my life and perhaps I should meet that threat w/ a lethal response?

How is that assumption incorrect?

How do you know they wouldn't have used the gun . She might have been 100% ready for lethal force 

1 minute ago, Atilathehun99 said:

2. Even if so peeps feel the need to brandish arms when another peeps(s) steps a foot on their lawn as they're walking down the street?  LOL

Bull, video i saw made by this bunch clearly shows them breaking down the gate to a private gated community.

• Thanks 2

Just now, iowaboy1965 said:

Agree it might not have been the best idea to point it at anyone, tho given the recent violent riots described as mostly peaceful protests i can understand why they might have. 

So.......and let me get this straight.

The ill here is of other peeps elsewhere doing violence (but not this group) that has given this couple a compassionate "understanding" of their actions?

Your right about 1 thing tilla clearly this has become a very mucked up country. My folks taught me not to bust up other folks stuff. And i you messed with any authority, police included, you took your own chances and should have known better.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Atilathehun99 said:

The ill here is of other peeps elsewhere doing violence (but not this group) that has given this couple a compassionate "understanding" of their actions?

What right does this group have to deface the street in front of mayors house and try to intimidate her to resign? As well as try to intimidate the neighborhood?

• Like 1

They broke down a gate to a private neiggborhood with intimadation on their mind. Given the recent events around the country even if they were 100% peaceful, which i doubt, they still showed extremely poor judgement and get no support or sympathy from me. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Bull, video i saw made by this bunch clearly shows them breaking down the gate to a private gated community.

I'm pretty docile and such but if someone points a gun at me I'm going to use mine and not wait around (dead) to find out later "their innocent intent for doing so."

Y'all may not admit it but I'll kiss your azz if 90+ % of peeps here on this forum don't feel the same.

1 hour ago, Atilathehun99 said:

Idle question(s).

At your work I'm assuming that it's a requirement?

If so (and we have no idea of the hazards that indicate respirator use) and they instead left it entirely up to the employee's choice to do so or not would you continue to use one?

Yes. Yes. But occupational hazards are "A Clear and Present Danger."

1 minute ago, lightninboy said:

Yes. Yes. But occupational hazards are "A Clear and Present Danger."

As is COVID 19 where minimal PPE can greatly reduce infections and preventable deaths.

15 minutes ago, Atilathehun99 said:

Maybe I'm the only one here but I was always taught the cardinal rule of guns was ......Don't point a gun at anything unless you intend to use it."

Then from, and IF the protesters were taught the same, and IF they were packing, and IF I were one of them I'd assume a high likelyhood that the woman (and man) were threatening my life and perhaps I should meet that threat w/ a lethal response?

How is that assumption incorrect?

If you would take the time to look it up they got their guns because some of the protesters came in carrying and made threats. Now granted they definitely need some training. But it would've been legal for the homeowners to shoot the trespassers if they feared for their life. 

• Like 1

As is COVID 19 where minimal PPE can greatly reduce infections and preventable deaths.

Debatable

• Like 2

Time out!!  I need to get the popcorn going!!

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Atilathehun99 said:

I'm pretty docile and such but if someone points a gun at me I'm going to use mine and not wait around (dead) to find out later "their innocent intent for doing so."

Y'all may not admit it but I'll kiss your azz if 90+ % of peeps here on this forum don't feel the same.

Still doesnt negate the fact they broke down a gate and were in a place they did not belong for the purpose of intimidation. THEY put themselves at risk when they broke in. At that point they were in the wrong and taking their chances. Its called personal responsibility. 

The difference is it is very unlikely i would have put myself in that situation in the first place. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Atilathehun99 said:

Shocked to hear you own a gun let alone would use it. Your true colors are coming out. next you will be in line at a Trump rally

• Haha 6

18 minutes ago, Atilathehun99 said:

As I said if you took the time to research it instead of just trolling. They got their guns because some of the protesters were carrying and making threats. What do you not understand 

• Like 1

Oh and by the way, the man of the couple is a lawyer currently representing a man who was abused by the police last spring. May not be relevant but interesting. Also the mayor is question i believe is a Democrat. Also may not be relevant but interesting. She later took down the offensive video and apologized. Or maybe she did that before this incident. Not sure now.

35 minutes ago, Atilathehun99 said:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/armed-st-louis-rioters-threatened-couple-guns-attorney

Trespassing and assault by intimidation. So they would've had the right to shoot you if they feared for their life. Geez. As much as you hammer everyone I would think peeps like you would at least read the article. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Atilathehun99 said:

General questions to any and all.......

You're behaving and conducting yourself peacefully.  A person appears and points a gun directly at you.

1. You don't have a gun.  What do you do to defend yourself?
  2. You do have a gun.  Same question, what do you do to defend yourself?

1. Well I guess it depends on how close they are to me. If they're close enough, let's say a couple of steps, I'm gonna duck and go in for it, I'm not gonna let some dirt bag wipe me off without at least putting up a fight. If they're far away I just hope they're a poor shot if I have no cover and have to come for them. Like I always say when some a$$bag speeds through our work zone and almost hits me, "go ahead and hit me, I swear I'll leave a dent!" They won't get out of it without a fight being put up, I'm not one to cower while some hoodrat takes my freedom. 

2. I don't want to kill anyone if I didn't have to, so I guess it depends on how it goes down, but if I can neutralize someone and not kill them, all the better. Although sometimes people that do that stuff just never seem to learn, they keep doing it, where you could only hope bullet riddled joints, innards, or the new addition of a colostomy bag would maybe give cause to change a lifestyle. If I have a gun, which I do, lots, as a matter of fact, it's going to be semi auto, and I'm guessing in that situation the trigger finger keeps moving until finally only responding with a click. 

But, who really knows until they're in that situation. I've worked hard my entire life for everything I have, which isn't much, but I don't usually roll over on my back and let someone take it from me.

Edited by RBootsMI
Hit submit too early
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Atilathehun99 said:

You ain't kidding.

I understand the whole racism thing, but it seems as if the ones complaining of it are doing the same exact thing to the opposite races, and have been for a long time. There is about 2/3 of any race that are great people, and that 2/3 probably wishes they didn't have to make excuses for the ridiculous actions of the last 1/3.  There's bad, useless people in every race, and I guess I just don't understand why no one realizes that. Hard work and perseverance will bring you out of it, but many just don't want to put the work into it, they would just rather let the govt pay for their rent, their food, phone, their utilities, and their schooling, and let's face it, there is no state in the US where these programs don't exist. But, somewhere out there, while someone that lets everyone else pay their bills, complains about "poor, walked-all-over me", there's someone out there, regardless of race, working 2 jobs and paying their way, paving the way to being successful in life. But, Ive also never had someone hire me because I checked a box that said I was of "Caucasian origin", I prefer to think that my hard work and skills got the jobs I've taken. And I still don't have much use for the other 1/3 sitting on their porches all day while I work to pay my bills, and theirs, while they film me with their phones for some reason, so they can post it on Facebook and criticize what a dipsh!t I am in the way I do my job. I understand there are people that need help out there, and I'm all for helping those people, I donate what I can when I can, and I have no problem helping people that want to help themselves or will pass it on. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Atilathehun99 said:

Tillie, 

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you will likely will not deter any actions with this weapon.

PY-1654_Daisy-Pink-1998-BB_1467217041.jpg

• Haha 3

No reasonable American should, for a minute, condone what the protesters did here.

They knocked down a gate to a place they were not welcome. The gate was closed and locked.

The woman and man clearly had good taste in weaponry and by the look on the woman's face, She could have killed someone very easily.

It appears she was "all in" in this fight.

Bullshit and balls has stopped a lot of things from happening too. It appears she gave these pieces of cr@p an ultimatum and it became, "Their Move".

These two had the right to protect themselves and their property. PERIOD!

If anyone believes these home owners should have opened the door and said, "come on in and burn the place", I hope they come to your house next?

This whole mess has got out of hand, and fast.

It appears that many will die before this ends unless something is done soon.

Chicago, the home of the most gun control is the murder capitol of the US.

Why are the Libs not denouncing all this? Why are they allowing their people to burn their towns, murder their people.

It appears they condone this type of activity if they are silent.

God Bless the USA and we pray this mess is corrected, and soon!😟

• Like 7