Sign in to follow this  
billonthefarm

Anyone pulling?

Or have a pull coming up?  Only been to one pull this year and had to drive 3 hours to it.  Lots of people and tractors!  Had a blast.  Noting here close till July 11.  Would like to find a couple hooks next weekend.  Anyone got something coming up?

5B66776C-0726-4F62-A084-9D35158A2D7D.jpeg

• Like 4

Nice clean tractor 

We have had a few popping up around here there has been a few a few hrs away and a few closer coming up lots of antique tractors or not much more than stock antique tractors that want to run every class and weight clas by putting on more weights it get sad watching the same 6-10 tractors run all day  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Went to a welding shop auction this morning. Heard from a WC puller I know that there is one next Saturday in Sully Ia. Probably a long drive for you Bill. Typically an antique pull I think, know nothing about the classes. I will probably go watch.

Nisbet PA is July 18, not sure if you would fit any class there but I am sure you are welcome to show up 

As of now 4th of July pull is set at butterfield mn, but thats mostly hot stuff, then in August butterfield threshing b, cant wate for that one, and on labor day cobden mn is still a go

Yes we pulled last Saturday, it was big fun 👍😊4B6C6B4D-99EB-47B6-916D-CADCAC0C39E3.thumb.jpeg.03ca1815750d3c89848ba64344299ccf.jpeg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, bitty said:

Nisbet PA is July 18, not sure if you would fit any class there but I am sure you are welcome to show up 

It wouldn't supprise me in acouple weeks that the governor screws that over.  Should have had the one on June 6th, but the members who never show up to do anything anyhow put the kibosh to it.  Turn out would have been good.  Decided to wait, which might not be a wise choice, because they will use any excuse out there to limit events as far as this goofy governor is concerned.

is t town going to pull in August?  I know that's a bit off.

13 hours ago, billonthefarm said:

Or have a pull coming up?  Only been to one pull this year and had to drive 3 hours to it.  Lots of people and tractors!  Had a blast.  Noting here close till July 11.  Would like to find a couple hooks next weekend.  Anyone got something coming up?

5B66776C-0726-4F62-A084-9D35158A2D7D.jpeg

A picture like that and no footage! Track is 300 and you pulled 335? Sounds good to me! Your puller is really nice Bill. Can't really tell in the picture, high 3rd?

12 minutes ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

A picture like that and no footage! Track is 300 and you pulled 335? Sounds good to me! Your puller is really nice Bill. Can't really tell in the picture, high 3rd?

It is high 3rd.  Stock gears.  Electric t/a,  Start in t/a and shift into direct.  That young man is a friend and he made a pass of about 280 if I can remember but it took like 330 to be out front.  Some 30 mph, cut tire, roll cage tractors in the class.  We were there to make a couple passes.  Test and tune.  We have been tuning so we would make a much better pass this time but not going to catch those 30mph guys!  

• Like 1

August 8th is a "test and tune" pull at Byron Motorsports Park, the motocross track just south of Byron IL. If enough tractors of a given class pre-register, they'll creat a class and might even do some payout. Thinking farmstock is about the lowest performance level hosted, so no antiques. He is hoping for some limited prostocks, and light superstocks as well. 

• Like 1

Vote in November.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Injpumped said:

August 8th is a "test and tune" pull at Byron Motorsports Park, the motocross track just south of Byron IL. If enough tractors of a given class pre-register, they'll creat a class and might even do some payout. Thinking farmstock is about the lowest performance level hosted, so no antiques. He is hoping for some limited prostocks, and light superstocks as well. 

The state going to allow it? I doubt here in the people's Republic of Michigan we are going to be able to have any pulls or really any fun for a couple of years with our idiot in chief in charge. They have been canceling County fairs left and right which is one of my only source of fun during the summer since the wife's work schedule is precluding any vacation.

3 hours ago, exSW said:

Vote in November.

That won't help right now.................I got a boo-boo to fix on the sled where I caught it with the backhoe taking the pan off at the final one last year.  Should have it at my brothers right now to repaint, but we decided to leave it tarped up because I am not to optimistic with Commrade Wolfey that it will happen.  If it does happen I expect quite a turn out because of everything else being cancelled earlier in the year.  Acouple neighbors have been to a few pulls close by, but I never get a chance other than the one here.

1 hour ago, Reichow7120 said:

The state going to allow it? I doubt here in the people's Republic of Michigan we are going to be able to have any pulls or really any fun for a couple of years with our idiot in chief in charge. They have been canceling County fairs left and right which is one of my only source of fun during the summer since the wife's work schedule is precluding any vacation.

There was a test and tune(annual event)at yorkville last sunday. Test and tunes are just that, no spectators, per se, only crew persons. Most of the "fair" associated pulls have been canceled. There's a few other ones we have sheduled that are not connected to any fair, or town festivals. The key is, crew only, no spectators. But, that said, it's not hard to keep a distance at an outdoor event. Our nazi gov probably isn't too happy about it though lol! I haven't been to any yet, another few weeks.

Quaker City Dragway in Salem,OH is open. Test and tune,racing and spectators.

Mayville ,wi gun club, 7/19/2020. mayvilegunclub.com. freeadmision ,open to the public.I plan on going.

4th of July butterfield is a goScreenshot_20200629-130218_Chrome.thumb.jpg.91db6746d87ebb8d9328875196d4e1cf.jpg

On 6/28/2020 at 12:27 PM, Reichow7120 said:

WAS told there is a pull in Remus this Saturday.....I am in a tractor ride parade in Beaverton on Saturday also..