Sign in to follow this  
560Dennis

New Idea mower tilt lever unfroze + some mores

I have been pretty discouraged with the Not having the ability to use the tilt lever on the cutter bar hinge. Mowing the crown vetch was that the inspiration that made me come up with the ultimate thunder to lick this problem .So my son, grandsons and I made a charcoal furnace to heat the Inner shoe hinge high enough to break it free from rusted hinge pin. I’ve tried everything I could oxy acetylene torch ,took it to a weld shop ,they had rose buds , nothing worked, I just could not get it to budge. 
So I decided after all the trouble mowing the vetch I would try a mass heating.. since I don’t have an industrial furnace a go an ideal to make one massive enough to heat the area I needed. Took two forty pound bags of charcoal and built up fire brick around it and lite it off . Lucky the lord supplied a breeze I did need a bellows. 45 minutes later it was almost red hot , I gave a few cracks with an 8 ld sledge and it started to mot move . 
By the time I was done swinging and it freed up I was hot and sucking big wind. Praise the lord I said. Got it

I thought the grandsons will need a treat either way success or failure. I brought per planing some mores kit to share with my boys. 
Moral I learn always celebrate 🎊 the hard work .

E80FF102-46B1-45FD-B7CE-5B5C20594FDE.jpeg

9145C077-6AD9-4E07-BCFC-DBEEC7A3165A.jpeg

0669ED81-0551-43D3-893F-277771B0744F.jpeg

48561D99-3A20-46B7-A569-FB30B39C0902.jpeg

• Like 4

I believe you will have help any time you need it !  And sticky fingers too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 560Dennis said:

I have been pretty discouraged with the Not having the ability to use the tilt lever on the cutter bar hinge. Mowing the crown vetch was that the inspiration that made me come up with the ultimate thunder to lick this problem .So my son, grandsons and I made a charcoal furnace to heat the Inner shoe hinge high enough to break it free from rusted hinge pin. I’ve tried everything I could oxy acetylene torch ,took it to a weld shop ,they had rose buds , nothing worked, I just could not get it to budge. 
So I decided after all the trouble mowing the vetch I would try a mass heating.. since I don’t have an industrial furnace a go an ideal to make one massive enough to heat the area I needed. Took two forty pound bags of charcoal and built up fire brick around it and lite it off . Lucky the lord supplied a breeze I did need a bellows. 45 minutes later it was almost red hot , I gave a few cracks with an 8 ld sledge and it started to mot move . 
By the time I was done swinging and it freed up I was hot and sucking big wind. Praise the lord I said. Got it

I thought the grandsons will need a treat either way success or failure. I brought per planing some mores kit to share with my boys. 
Moral I learn always celebrate 🎊 the hard work .

E80FF102-46B1-45FD-B7CE-5B5C20594FDE.jpeg

Ingenuity and creativity at its best.  Well done sir!

• Like 1

Thats impressive!  Good to know for future reference!

• Like 1

Great memories being made!    You need to get pictures printed to give to the kids when they get older.     Getting a job accomplished and memories made.  Win,win!

• Like 1

Nows that's thinking and planning. Glad it worked out for you. Yours sure looks alt better then the one have.

On 6/26/2020 at 10:16 PM, Wes806 said:

Nows that's thinking and planning. Glad it worked out for you. Yours sure looks alt better then the one have.

Aaaaalot of work went to this hot set up !  Real challenge been three years. Or more trying to fix all the stuff I busted or wore out when I was a kid. The ultimate get back on me ! 🤷‍♂️😂 

• Like 1

How do ya keep four Kidd’s off the Farmall C , truth you can’t , you 🙏they don’t fall ! Aaaagh  

9DACE4D2-ACC6-4F12-8DF9-04A7103FCAC9.jpeg

• Like 1