Sign in to follow this  
searcyfarms

combining wheat

they were combining wheat and no tilling beans right behind the combine yesterday in the stubble on the way back from st louis along i-70 we just got our beans in this week - dont see that much around here these days

Nothing like making the price of beans go even lower....

5 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

they were combining wheat and no tilling beans right behind the combine yesterday in the stubble on the way back from st louis along i-70 we just got our beans in this week - dont see that much around here these days

Yep they are cutting wheat in our area and planting Milo right behind it. 

5 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

We finished up with the poverty grass (wheat) last night and will hopefully finish planting double crop beans today. Wheat has mixed opinions in our area, some guys are really good at growing it and can raise 80-100 bu wheat, and others have sworn it off. We are somewhere in between, can raise 55-60 bu wheat pretty consistently but can't seem to take it to the next level. However, the guys that are raising the high yielding wheat are having to make 5-6 passes across the field with the sprayer during the growing season. Personally I'm about ready to quit growing wheat but dad likes the income it provides during the middle of the growing season and if you can catch some late summer rains and raise 40 bu double crop beans there is some decent money in it.