Sign in to follow this  
Dasnake

Stupidity in action number 2

Didn’t want to steal a thread, got this for y’all!!

last week lady antebellum decided a name change was appropriate, lady a. Ya right.

this week the Dixie chicks figure it’s appropriate timing to change their name to the chicks, good luck.

never liked you anyway.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dasnake said:

last week lady antebellum decided a name change was appropriate, lady a. Ya right.

this week the Dixie chicks figure it’s appropriate timing to change their name to the chicks, good luck.

never liked you anyway.

….the Dixie Chicks   made the New Zealand news, tonight......because back in the Sixties, there were two sisters here ….singing  /entertaining etc   called "The Chicks "...so the American trio had to ask the Kiwi  girls......if it was all good  to use the name ""The Chicks ".....It all ended happily ever after......as the Kiwi   girls...now  looking more like Grandmothers than   sixties "pop"   stars ,  have agreed to share the name...….

There is a snippet of useless information for you, Jake...:)

...and to continue  in this rich vein of useless info,   a New Zealand Ice Cream   Co has produced an   ice cream   called    "'Eskimo Pie""....this has been going for 60 odd years ...but now, due to be  changed...due  to "cultural  sensitivity  "

...I like ice cream...….and I have spent the majority of my  77 years in New Zealand...…..never have seen an Eskimo ...yet...….

Mike

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Bread, formerly called "white bread", going forward shall be called bread due to cultural sensitivity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Their anti american liberal hacks anyway. When are these "famous" people gonna figure out they should keep their mouths shut and entertain?

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, 660 driver said:

Their anti american liberal hacks anyway. When are these "famous" people gonna figure out they should keep their mouths shut and entertain?

They won’t ever figure that out!! 

9 hours ago, Dasnake said:

never liked you anyway.

That and don’t forget Santa Claus can’t say ho ho ho anymore!!!

I think that started when Jerry springers “guests” would say ho instead of wh*re on his show!

The dixie chicks lost a lot of respect and got banned from a lot of Texas C & W radio stations (and still are on  quite a few) back in the early 2000's because they said they was ashamed that  President G. W. Bush was from Texas. This wasn't too long after the 9-11 attacks and at the time he still had a lot of support.

I thought they went by Lady A anyway? As for the Dixie chicks, the should have taken a long walk off a cliff years ago 

• Like 2

Lady A ain't had much hits since bro country took over and the Dixie Chicks a lot longer than that. Wasn't even sure they were still in business.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lightninboy said:

Lady A ain't had much hits since bro country took over and the Dixie Chicks a lot longer than that. Wasn't even sure they were still in business.

That's what I thought about the Dixie chicks too. I thought they were done 15 years ago.

• Like 1

They could have just changed it to the Dicky Chicks and been done, no one would have noticed....

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, TomH said:

They could have just changed it to the Dicky Chicks and been done, no one would have noticed....

As a salute to a large portion, perhaps a majority, of their female(?) fans.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Reichow7120 said:

That's what I thought about the Dixie chicks too. I thought they were done 15 years ago.

They were, (done 15 years ago),  guess nobody told them.

TNNO

The four took their original band name "the Dixie Chicks" from the song and album Dixie Chicken by Lowell George of Little Feat.

The Bushes were neocons.

Best part was both groups changed their names to someone else's stage name. Talk about poor research. I heard of this thing called google that likely would have told them someone else already used that name....

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, 660 driver said:

Never, because they’re “woke” and so much smarter than the rest of society.

22 hours ago, twostepn2001 said:

The dixie chicks lost a lot of respect and got banned from a lot of Texas C & W radio stations (and still are on  quite a few) back in the early 2000's because they said they was ashamed that  President G. W. Bush was from Texas. This wasn't too long after the 9-11 attacks and at the time he still had a lot of support.

I believe they were in Europe when they said that? 

• Thanks 1