Someone posted this on another forum. 1086 for sale. It's listed on Facebook Market Place. AS the poster on the other page said "it's the I really don't want to sell price"!

IH 1086

Rick

• Haha 2

Maybe for a “no hour” 1086 but not for a “low hour” 1086. I could spend 50K on fixing up a Ford Pinto, but that doesn’t mean its worth that when I’m done....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

There are always a few on eBay like that too. It does make me wonder though... You're only looking to sell it once, so if a million people feel it's a ripoff, but one person doesn't, then who's the fool?

3 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

I could spend 50K on fixing up a Ford Pinto, but that doesn’t mean its worth that when I’m done....

This is totally going to be my C. I think I'll have close to $10k into it when I'm done, which doesn't include any labor, and there's no way it would sell for that. Ah well, it's money spent on a hobby.

... So anyone wanna buy a C?

Look at the transmission range shifter lever in the pics. In one of the pics it has the “pistol grip” handle, and in a couple of other pics  it has the older style round knob handle. The steering wheel center cap is missing the logo emblem. The alternator pulley shield is missing. Going to be hard pressed to get 35K for it. 

9 hours ago, R190 said:

what group in New York certifies  tractor mechanics ?

It's New York man! Your kid would need a license to run a lemonade stand. The Dept State doesn't even understand what I do when I explain it to them, but they had to license me...

8 hours ago, MTO said:

But its a classic!

Not just A classic, but "the classic International Harvester FARMALL model by McCormick" ?

12 hours ago, Rick G. said:

Look at the transmission range shifter lever in the pics. In one of the pics it has the “pistol grip” handle, and in a couple of other pics  it has the older style round knob handle. The steering wheel center cap is missing the logo emblem. The alternator pulley shield is missing. Going to be hard pressed to get 35K for it. 

And there's a screw missing from the plastic shift cover, not that it matters, but for 35,000 you better get all the parts