Sign in to follow this  
augercreek

SICK & TIRED

Are any of you sick and tired of all this covid, floyd, juneteenth crap ? Is nothing else happening in the world? What's next ?

• Like 2

Short answer is yes I am and no, there is nothing else happening in the world.

37 minutes ago, augercreek said:

Are any of you sick and tired of all this covid, floyd, juneteenth crap ? Is nothing else happening in the world? What's next ?

Why? 

Do not all Americans enjoy the constant bombardment from the biased media with pictures and video of historical figures having their statues dragged down and destroyed?  I believe in God and also believe the only individual who ever walked this earth with NO FLAWS was Jesus Christ.  I watched the live news coverage of the destruction of the statue in Washington DC last night and continually the thought rolled over in my mind why were these individuals not arrested and charged with vandalism and destruction of property.

I was very young when the riots and protests during the late sixties (60's) and the Vietnam war protests took place and I ask myself if most of those protesting today are a byproduct of those protesting many years ago.  I still today remember the coverage by Walter Cronkite on the evening news and it seems a very young Peter Jennings.  At a very young age I thought the news seemed to glorify the protestors and not law and order.  I knew my parents would provide me with a prompt spanking if I engaged in such behavior.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

I’m sick and tired of people that go into a business that says on the door they must wear a mask,  but they don’t because “to **** with your rules I’m free”. And then make a scene because they can’t be served by the business.

no shirt, no shoes, no service,   

• Like 3

2 hours ago, augercreek said:

Yes. Won't turn the news on the tv. About ready to stop even looking at it on my phone. 

• Like 2

This is a long rant, prepared last night and sitting on my laptop screen while I debate whether to submit.

I am the principle of a Bank Holding Company and also own several LLC's with activities ranging from farming and cattle feeding to a small manufacturing facility which provides employment for just over seven (700) hundred employees.  Most of the farm and ranch as well as manufacturing company employees would be described by myself as the redneck variety.  I TOO WOULD BE DESCRIBED AS A PROUD REDNECK! To my knowledge, most of my employees, like me, believe in duty to family, God and country.

Be forewarned - long story!

Shortly after completing Graduate School and with the prompting and very generous assistance of several individuals with access to substantial capital, several failing Savings and Loans as well as one (1) small bank were purchased and all assets consolidated into one surviving BHC.  During the financial crisis of 2008 caused by greedy Wall Street morons, I foresaw and planned for the forthcoming onerous regulations to be placed on the financial industry. Under the BHC a separate entity was formed whose primary function was to purchase all non performing credits from the bank.  I monitor and manage all the entities non performing credits, which may require asset foreclosure, replevin and liquidation.

Purchase of the credits allowed the bank to maintain a superior capital rating and far less scrutiny of the bank activities. The annual bank examination and audit for capital adequacy, asset quality, liquidity and earnings is very straight forward and mundane and I have always received a superior and well capitalized rating.

Every morning at 06:00 AM I receive a report of all new credits as well as term credits renewed with or without principal reductions.  On this report I am primarily concerned with term credits renewed with no principal balance reduction.

All employees, after completion of their respective performance evaluation, receive a written copy of the evaluation executed by their immediate supervisor and department manager, and if corrective actions are indicated, the evaluation is, after the fact, reviewed by me.  All the evaluations disclose the current rate of earnings, a continued contract offer of employment with the new rate of earnings and all vacation and personal time accruals, future expectations of both the employee and the supervisor / department manager, and prior to signing the evaluation and renewed contract for employment, the morals clause in the contract is asked to be read and affirmed by the employee.  If the terms and conditions of the new employment agreement are not satisfactory, the employee is free to leave.

The BHC has a nepotism policy and it is strongly discouraged for a management employee to "date" a junior employee.  I understand this is impossible to control and for the most part, unless blatant, no attempt on my end to control my employees personal lives is made.  If a bank employee becomes involved with another and the relationship becomes serious, an in house attempt to remedy the situation via departmental or BHC transfer is made.  Currently a high producing bank senior commercial loan officer became seriously involved with another officer's Administrative Assistant, the relationship involved a pregnancy and marriage, and the AA was transferred from the bank to my entity.  This AA is approximately thirty (30) and is quite attractive.  The primary function of the AA is to call on current customers from a list provided by me and to perform the required farm inventory and commercial credit collateral audits. What farmer will complain about an attractive bank employee visiting their premises to perform the annual inventory / equipment audit? 

A senior officer disclosed during a morning discount meeting a bank employee had attended several of the protests and was on the local television news, which is broadcast statewide.  As the discussion continued the officer disclosing the information was doing so at the request of the officer who was married to the offending employee, my Administrative Assistant.  I was stunned and informed the officer I considered this to be a family problem and I did not wish to involve myself, handle it.  Husband/officer disclosed the matter had deteriorated to the point they are now separated and during their romance there was no inclination my AA had these Women's Rights concerns.  I asked pointedly W**, my AA is the highest paid AA in the BHC, makes more money than all junior loan officers, her salary is approaching six (6) figures, what is her complaint?  It is about the movement and equality for all.  

I now have two (2) employees whose lives have become entangled in this social injustice movement, one who is paying temporary child support and fighting for sole custody of his infant son and the other is on disciplinary suspension pending the outcome of the investigation performed by the BHC's legal counsel, violation of the morals clause of the employment agreement and ultimate termination, which legal counsel has determined will be (the date of this writing is Friday evening) Monday. Due to the actions of my AA, three very large farm customers have determined they do not wish this employee to visit their properties or they will move their business to a competitor.  Generally I would not entertain the threats of a bank customer to take their business elsewhere however these three are longtime customers and have become personal friends.  The social justice warriors simply do not understand their actions filmed and potentially aired on television affect more than themselves.

Apparently I am too old and white to understand, but I do know there is no such thing as equality for all.  What seems equal to one will not seem equal to the other.  I discussed the matter with my daughter who is an under thirty (30) executive with a national human resources and payroll consulting company and she advised me to cut my losses and move on.  Daughter said she too cannot understand the movement as their experience is the majority of these younger generation are not willing to work and expect handouts.  My daughter was shocked by the behavior of so many in her generation.

If you have made it this far, please accept my apology for the rant and my ability to vent some frustration.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, cjf711 said:

I’m sick and tired of people that go into a business that says on the door they must wear a mask,  but they don’t because “to **** with your rules I’m free”. And then make a scene because they can’t be served by the business.

no shirt, no shoes, no service,   

You may find it shocking but I agree!  If a sign is posted on the place of business I will adhere to their wishes and am free to comply or take my business elsewhere!

3 hours ago, RichardDSalyer said:

Why? 

Do not all Americans enjoy the constant bombardment from the biased media with pictures and video of historical figures having their statues dragged down and destroyed?  I believe in God and also believe the only individual who ever walked this earth with NO FLAWS was Jesus Christ.  I watched the live news coverage of the destruction of the statue in Washington DC last night and continually the thought rolled over in my mind why were these individuals not arrested and charged with vandalism and destruction of property.

I was very young when the riots and protests during the late sixties (60's) and the Vietnam war protests took place and I ask myself if most of those protesting today are a byproduct of those protesting many years ago.  I still today remember the coverage by Walter Cronkite on the evening news and it seems a very young Peter Jennings.  At a very young age I thought the news seemed to glorify the protestors and not law and order.  I knew my parents would provide me with a prompt spanking if I engaged in such behavior.

#1.  Christians and Jews had been targeted by the Communist Party, (which would also include the LYING, LIBERAL, ELITIST, POS, of the MEDIA, long before the the BS of the Chinese flu came along, BUT is new, is how eagerly law enforcement threw themselves into the fray, when they began harassing and arresting those who were attempting to exercise their First Amendment RIGHT of "Freedom of Religion", and to "peacefully assemble" in the practice thereof. (And, since there was revenue to be generated, by fining these "religious zealots', that gave law enforcement that much more impetus to attack them)  The funny thing is that MUSLIMS were given a pass to hold their 5 times a day prayers, and to celebrate Ramadan and Eid while Christian and Jewish religious services were banned outright. 

The ONLY other governments that have unleashed such brutal attacks on religion have been pure Stalinist states, such as North Korea and Communist China.  Even Soviet Russia was not as dictatorial in such ruthless suppression of religion, as what we saw law enforcement here in the United States doing, while enjoying every minute of it, as they went about using their newly granted authority to establish the "new normal" of a police state.

#2. They stood by and did NOTHING, because, as we have seen, law enforcement, IF they have not turned tail and ran away, have joined in with ANTIFA and the RIOTERS. Assuming this sheet ever ends, law enforcement will be right there demanding that "we need MORE money, and MORE laws, that really allow us to do our job".  (And the Constitution, and the RIGHTS it once guaranteed WE, THE PEOPLE, will be further trampled on).

#3. They most certainly are.  The 'elder' generation of 'journalists' and 'reporters' were activists in the anti-war protests, The younger generation, hold these "elder statesmen' in awe, and are themselves products of the universities and colleges that did a hard left beginning in the late 1960's, which resulted from listening to, and then implementing the 'changes' demanded by their student bodies at that time.

Mr. Salyer. Congrats on your business success. I have to say it's a bad situation you're in. But. Why should a company determine what this young lady does on her own time. This is no different than the folks being fired for posting all lives matter on their personal page. It's a bunch of b.s.  I to work for a company that forces people to sign documents. It's not a choice. It's more like extortion  when people are told they are free to leave if you don't sign this. Making it sound like it was their choice to quit so unemployment benefits can be protested. Most people have bills and a famiky to feed. While many of our views may be the same we differ here. I got a feeling your company will get to know her lawyers before all is said and done. 

14 minutes ago, 1466fan said:

But. Why should a company determine what this young lady does on her own time. This is no different than the folks being fired for posting all lives matter on their personal page. It's a bunch of b.s.  I to work for a company that forces people to sign documents. It's not a choice. It's blackmail when people are told they are free to leave if you don't sign this. Making it sound like it was their choice to quit so unemployment benefits can be protested. Most people have bills and a famiky to feed. While many of our views may be the same we differ here. I got a feeling your company will get to know her lawyers before all is said and done. 

Kansas is a "Right to Work" employment state and as such the doctrine of employment at will is well defined.  I too tend to agree an employee's personal life is just that, personal.  The caveat here is potential loss of business revenue.  If I have an employee with an alcohol / substance abuse issue, there are counseling and treatment programs available at no additional cost (employee pays co-payment of twenty five (25) percent of monthly health insurance premium) to the employee.  I have an investment in my employees and their families and believe successful completion of the program is difficult and requires assistance and support from the family and employer.  Recidivism rates for alcohol and substance abuse related issues are exceptionally high and are an undue burden and cost on society.  A relapse by the employee requires more stringent counseling and a third (3rd) occurrence is immediate termination.  

Certain employee evaluations can be difficult and from time to time highly emotional.  I have left the office to allow an employ the opportunity to regain their composure.  It matters not if the employee is male or female, it is human nature to not accept negative feedback well.  If an employee has an absenteeism issue or tardy issue, it is procedure to attempt to determine the root cause of the problem and if the employee can correct the issue, all is well. I have unfortunately made hiring mistakes however I have always attempted to balance what is best for my business as well as the employee.  Nearly always I ask the employee to place themselves in my position and offer me the solution.  The employee feels empowered to correct the issues.  There was an occasion where an employee was terminated for continual issues with balancing her cash drawer.  The employee was pregnant and filed a complaint with the EEOC.  When the investigating officer arrived, after reviewing several reports and evaluations describing the cash shortages and witnessing the hired replacement employee was also pregnant and a woman of color, the investigator thanked my HR representative and me for our time and promptly closed the case.

The affected employee is highly intelligent and I believe is aware of the pending outcome.  The employee will be offered a severance package to include ninety (90) day salary continuation and full medical benefits.  My VP of Human Resources as well as myself will handle the process.  Through past experience, I have learned during the termination process, the best approach is to advise the affected party it is in the best interest of all parties we part ways, offer outplacement services at company expense for a mutually determined time, and some form of severance package.  The only exception to my policies and procedures is employee theft.

The morality clause of my employment contract has previously been tested in court and the validity has been upheld on all occasions.

1 hour ago, 1466fan said:

Making it sound like it was their choice to quit so unemployment benefits can be protested. Most people have bills and a famiky to feed. While many of our views may be the same we differ here. I got a feeling your company will get to know her lawyers before all is said and done. 

As an aside to my from time to time long winded answers, my company only contests unemployment claims for employee terminations involving dishonesty.

3 minutes ago, RichardDSalyer said:

As an aside to my from time to time long winded answers, my company only contests unemployment claims for employee terminations involving dishonesty.

Very good reply. Again congrats on your business successes. I'm sure this situation has put you in a bad spot. And I don't know how said young lady presented herself while on tv. I don't agree with the rioting and looting and think the authorities should shut it down immediately. However a protest whether I agree or not with the issue is protected. I understand the feelings that are involved in terminating someone. Have been involved being on water district board with a couple different employees. Both deserved with no doubt to be terminated. But it was with mixed emotions knowing you're taking someone's livelihood even though they deserve it. 

5 hours ago, RichardDSalyer said:

You may find it shocking but I agree!  If a sign is posted on the place of business I will adhere to their wishes and am free to comply or take my business elsewhere!

I wear a mask regardless to be respectful to others wearing them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, redneckhippie said:

I wear a mask regardless to be respectful to others wearing them. 

Nutshell right there, my belief in a golden rule. As for tired of the baloney, a resounding yes, this won't stop until the govt allows it to stop, in my other parlance when the koolaid is gone.

Do you see Pelosi  gave a memorial flag to Floyd brother ! She awards a flag for men and women of service to a felon! That just got so deeply brought ,I can’t say how despicable that is , my have to . Will remember that till the day I die 

• Sad 1

I'm just tired. I'm on the forum because we got a shower to shut us down for a bit. The wife is napping.

We have been at it for days with too little sleep. Trying to do 3 months worth of field work, planting, etc in a few days. I haven't turned the tv on for days. Barely heard the radio.

Y'all need more rice so I'm busting my arse.

I'm just tired.

Thx-Ace

• Like 3

2 hours ago, acem said:

I'm just tired. I'm on the forum because we got a shower to shut us down for a bit. The wife is napping.

We have been at it for days with too little sleep. Trying to do 3 months worth of field work, planting, etc in a few days. I haven't turned the tv on for days. Barely heard the radio.

Y'all need more rice so I'm busting my arse.

I'm just tired.

Thx-Ace

Thanks Ace! 

I too am tired, really, really tired of all the nonsense.  I have spent more time on this forum in the last few hours than I thought possible.  I was chastised yesterday for a comment made to a well "respected forum member".  The respected forum member quoted a comment of mine and proceeded to provide a critical critique and I was expected to just bend over.  I bend over for NO man, period. I was provided some nonsense about forum respect.  In my real world, respect is earned, not granted by longevity on a talk forum or the number of posts a member provides.  As a matter of fact, the forum member I was debating with I do hold in high regard.  The member providing the critique, I did not hold in high regard before the  conversation and certainly not after.  I do wish all my trials and tribulations were as trivial as snakes in the attic.  The last I was aware, snakes in the attic are a doggone good thing to keep the mice population in balance.

Above all, I use my real name and stand by my comments.  If proven wrong, like most all responsible individuals will admit so.  If Tillie or CJF can "prove" me wrong, I will happily and readily admit as such.

You sir, as well as OT, Lorenzo, Eason, Sledgehammer, Troy Dairy, AKwelder, Missouri Mule, Sandhiller, DaSnake, several IH's, and numerous others whose monikers I do not recall are a credit to this forum.  I utilize this forum as a form of stress relief and thank those of the same ilk.  I do endeavor to learn from those who may have an opposing point of view and, as difficult as it may be, to understand.  Difficult, absolutely.

In a few hours it will be Father's Day.  In these difficult and trying times, please remember to hold those close to you tighter and give them an extra hug and kiss on the cheek or lips, whichever is appropriate.

14 hours ago, augercreek said:

Yes, be careful what you wish for...

Well Richard, you had your say and that's what we do here.

Lemme share my thoughts and I assure you, it won't be lengthy.

As your thriving company has rules, as does RPF.

BJ, our moderator, has the reins.

Maybe you have the reins at work.

But you aren't at work here.

Stating he needs to loosen his belt/stating a member is a posterior kisser/deleting your controversial post/insinuating a member lives in his parent's basement or is gay is/was completely uncalled for.

We have very successful attorney's/ranchers/gas and oil men and some who struggle to pay their internet bill.

Have never heard any of the above be so critical of others especially a relatively newcomer.

And imo, employees screwing around is as old as dirt.

Even the unattractive ones.

Happy Father's Day to all the daddys.

And btw, haven't found the snake yet.

well today went to a carley auction by marion wis. my number was 1281, live auction , only seen 2 masks the time I was there. so I am guessing well over a thousand people at any time. not much social distance was being done, however lunch line was kind of strict.

9 hours ago, RichardDSalyer said:

Kansas is a "Right to Work" employment state and as such the doctrine of employment at will is well defined.  I too tend to agree an employee's personal life is just that, personal.  The caveat here is potential loss of business revenue.  If I have an employee with an alcohol / substance abuse issue, there are counseling and treatment programs available at no additional cost (employee pays co-payment of twenty five (25) percent of monthly health insurance premium) to the employee.  I have an investment in my employees and their families and believe successful completion of the program is difficult and requires assistance and support from the family and employer.  Recidivism rates for alcohol and substance abuse related issues are exceptionally high and are an undue burden and cost on society.  A relapse by the employee requires more stringent counseling and a third (3rd) occurrence is immediate termination.  

Certain employee evaluations can be difficult and from time to time highly emotional.  I have left the office to allow an employ the opportunity to regain their composure.  It matters not if the employee is male or female, it is human nature to not accept negative feedback well.  If an employee has an absenteeism issue or tardy issue, it is procedure to attempt to determine the root cause of the problem and if the employee can correct the issue, all is well. I have unfortunately made hiring mistakes however I have always attempted to balance what is best for my business as well as the employee.  Nearly always I ask the employee to place themselves in my position and offer me the solution.  The employee feels empowered to correct the issues.  There was an occasion where an employee was terminated for continual issues with balancing her cash drawer.  The employee was pregnant and filed a complaint with the EEOC.  When the investigating officer arrived, after reviewing several reports and evaluations describing the cash shortages and witnessing the hired replacement employee was also pregnant and a woman of color, the investigator thanked my HR representative and me for our time and promptly closed the case.

The affected employee is highly intelligent and I believe is aware of the pending outcome.  The employee will be offered a severance package to include ninety (90) day salary continuation and full medical benefits.  My VP of Human Resources as well as myself will handle the process.  Through past experience, I have learned during the termination process, the best approach is to advise the affected party it is in the best interest of all parties we part ways, offer outplacement services at company expense for a mutually determined time, and some form of severance package.  The only exception to my policies and procedures is employee theft.

The morality clause of my employment contract has previously been tested in court and the validity has been upheld on all occasions.

All good points.  We are not a right to work state, so it is a bit different, but every employment contract I have signed has a at will employer clause, including the union one I worked for years. If any employees actions at or away from work impact or have reasonable potential to impact the company our employment may be terminated.  This includes posts to social media of many kinds, and public actions such as you posted earlier.

we have had drunk employees at home post items to Facebook that were very inappropriate, they were terminated and escorted out the gate. We have had employees support election campaigns while wearing company logos and client logos. They were terminated and a notice published of the non-association.  Large corporations are very proactive in defending themselves from within and an employee is not going to be allowed to disrupt business 

how about this one, we were taught about how to deal with an employ who we believe has drug or alcohol problems that are affecting their work.  First we are to document the issue with a letter of counseling or reprimand, get things in writing.  Then when we have complete those actions, the next time the employee has a problem we call HR and have them drug/alcohol tested, if it comes back positive they are fired.  If it comes back negative they are fired, because if their performance is so bad we test them they are not performing the duties for which they were hired.  

corporate American does not screw around

end of my rant.  

7 minutes ago, AKwelder said:

corporate American does not screw around

Unfortunately it is corporate America which is blamed when the fault lies with the destruction of our family values and the erosion of the public school system.  Much blame can be placed in numerous places however the primary (in my opinion) culprit is the NEA. In a right to work state a corporation which has a unionized work force quite likely deserves the issues with organized labor due to poor management and mistreatment of employees.  The NEA is an organized labor organization and a major opponent to improvements in our educational system.  The future of our Republic is dependent on well educated youth and our educational system, from grade school through our colleges and universities has brainwashed our future generation of leaders.  The failure of our educational system to enforce and teach our basic values may well be our doom!

56 minutes ago, RichardDSalyer said:Unfortunately it is corporate America which is blamed when the fault lies with the destruction of our family values and the erosion of the public school system.  Much blame can be placed in numerous places however the primary (in my opinion) culprit is the NEA. In a right to work state a corporation which has a unionized work force quite likely deserves the issues with organized labor due to poor management and mistreatment of employees.  The NEA is an organized labor organization and a major opponent to improvements in our educational system.  The future of our Republic is dependent on well educated youth and our educational system, from grade school through our colleges and universities has brainwashed our future generation of leaders.  The failure of our educational system to enforce and teach our basic values may well be our doom!

Ok, I have a small offer for your consideration.  Here the private sector unions (Construction mainly) have changed quite a bit, if the contractor is not successful they don’t have a job, so they are less likely to blindly defend the thug and are have begun disciplining their own for wrong behavior. 20 years ago they would have gone to the end defending the member.  It’s still not a perfect but it is becoming more reasonable, and continues to move that way 

It is also becoming more evident that the union construction workers are voting on the red side of the aisle more then the blue, at least here.

6 hours ago, AKwelder said:

It is also becoming more evident that the union construction workers are voting on the red side of the aisle more then the blue, at least here.

Many years ago when working as a union employee the shop steward would pass out a list saying "here's who we're voting for boys" .  There was never one I would consider so my list was accepted with a smile and deposited in the trash.

There are a LOT of moving parts in this thread, and I've spent too much time on this forum the last few days. I do want to say though, that as I get older I realize that voicing disagreement with the actions of someone you respect that you don't agree with on certain issues without harshness, tends to result in more willingness to listen and take to heart what you have to say. This seems to be what you've done here @RichardDSalyer, so good on you for the patience. If she's your own administrative assistant, then there's a personal bridge already and probably some mutual respect. Now that you know she holds these feelings, it's out in the open and you probably have a line of communication to discuss things without it degrading into a worthless frustrating conversation. Maybe you can learn from her and maybe she can learn from you. She won't see your side until you sahre it with her, but the flip side is true too, to assume you don't know her whole point of view.

1. This is why I try to make friends with someone before ever having those kinds of conversations. They won't listen to me if they don't know me. Respect keeps the ears turned on.
  2. There are 7+ billion people on earth, and humans are (perhaps too) complex. Nearly all of them will disagree with me on something. That can't be a showstopper or I'd have no friends. We have to build relationships on mutual shared experiences and a proven track record of caring for one another. Then we can disagree without having to burn the whole thing down.
  3. In my opinion hearts aren't changed en masse, but one at a time.
  • Like 2