Sign in to follow this  
560Dennis

Need some rain 🌧

I’m going to wash the car . If that doesn’t work I’m going to put all the Fordson parts out to start to paint them ? 
please help !

hope you got your hay up , ️We need it 1 inch cracks  in the ground in back yard 

• Sad 1

I’ll agree. Yard is dormant. We really could use a day or two of good steady rain

Washed both pickups Wednesday afternoon and got 2.5" yesterday. My daughter was teasing me because rain was in the forecast. I thought washing vehicles would seal the deal.

Ran the car through the "executive" car wash the other night hoping it would help.... they got dumped on to the west and east, but barely more than a sprinkle at my place. If the weeds in my yard get any more crisp I'll need kevlar lined lawnmower tires.

9 hours ago, 560Dennis said:

I’m going to wash the car

Dennis I left my windows open in the car on purpose at noon.  Barely got a few drops of rain...looked like Youngstown was getting it.  Was fertilizing soybeans and some corn this afternoon with hopes of some rain.

• Haha 1

We got dumped on yesterday. I spent my day mowing as a result. We, really the local farmers needed it!

Rick

13 minutes ago, oldtanker said:

We got dumped on yesterday. I spent my day mowing as a result. We, really the local farmers needed it!

Rick

How far north are you? We were in Sioux Falls yesterday and it pretty much rained all afternoon. K-101 out of Luverne announced hail and strong wind in Nobles county. That would be the Worthington area. I heard they got 4 plus inches.

Can’t wash the car ,here the out door hydrant has a bad seat ,got to replace it then I can wash the car ,ugh if it one thing it’s six . I know that it will rain as soon as I get this fixed 

4633CD77-D26A-4257-8753-8A7BD09B63BA.jpeg

544AB786-93BF-47E0-98DA-3DDE62968C5C.jpeg

9 hours ago, cedar farm said:

How far north are you? We were in Sioux Falls yesterday and it pretty much rained all afternoon. K-101 out of Luverne announced hail and strong wind in Nobles county. That would be the Worthington area. I heard they got 4 plus inches.

From Souix Falls? Straight line? I'd guess in that 175-200 mile range. I'm about 50 from the MN/ND border. We haven't had rain in so long that it pounding on the roof kept me awake for a bit, then woke me up several times overnight. Like I say, the farmers needed it badly. Just makes me have to mow lawn!

Rick

• Sad 1

Washed the Dodge yesterday, rained pretty good last night. I'm ok with that. Was starting to get dry here again.

10 hours ago, TeachersPet1066 said:

Dennis I left my windows open in the car on purpose at noon.  Barely got a few drops of rain...looked like Youngstown was getting it.  Was fertilizing soybeans and some corn this afternoon with hopes of some rain.

👋 you got a few drops ok 👌 

20 minutes ago, oldtanker said:

From Souix Falls? Straight line? I'd guess in that 175-200 mile range. I'm about 50 from the MN/ND border. We haven't had rain in so long that it pounding on the roof kept me awake for a bit, then woke me up several times overnight. Like I say, the farmers needed it badly. Just makes me have to mow lawn!

Rick

You get 4 inches ,we a get 45 average and I’m complaining, don’t matter when your got a garden I ,don’t like watering but the fruits are much more tasty I think

33 minutes ago, 560Dennis said:

You get 4 inches ,we a get 45 average and I’m complaining, don’t matter when your got a garden I ,don’t like watering but the fruits are much more tasty I think

Yea we got a garden. We have been watering.

Rick

A little over two (2) inches yesterday morning.  Much needed for the planted fall crops and needed moisture for seed beds.  Wheat harvest had just begun and has now come to a standstill.  Time to fix whatever ails the combines.  And post on the forum!

Got 1.6 inch's last night, washing the dodge must have worked!

Yards are turning brown. Seen some corn today that had some brown on the stalks. So yea we need it.

Silver lining to dry weather: easier to see the weeds to remove them because they are green and the grass is brown!

Needing some here. 2 weeks ago we had water standing and were scrambling to get hay put up since we finally had a break in the rain. Now 2 weeks later yards and pastures are turning brown. They have always said we're only 2 weeks from a drought in Missouri. 

We have a 50% chance of thunderstorms tonight, I spent the afternoon cutting hay.... Either that will make it rain or I will be glad I got it cut and didn’t try to wait. I’m pretty much to the point that the rest of first just has to come down, at least as much as I can get baled per day.

About 3 or 4 inches today in ky

Dry,but all I do is make grass  hay.Its great hay weather,get all my hay in then can rain for second cutting.

We finally got rain yesterday. Was to rain today, but it hasn’t yet and it’s quite sunny now

4 hours ago, 1466fan said:

Needing some here. 2 weeks ago we had water standing and were scrambling to get hay put up since we finally had a break in the rain. Now 2 weeks later yards and pastures are turning brown. They have always said we're only 2 weeks from a drought in Missouri. 

Southern Indiana is just about the same