Td9 or wd9 carb adjustment

If I remember correctly, there's only one screw for air mixture, pretty basic carb. I could be wrong, been a spell since I messed with my td9

Will check my books for you

Mark

Not all the gas start diesels used the adjustment.  If your carburetor has a screw in plug pointing to rear of tractor in the throttle body it doesn't have the adjustable type. Don't think IH ever offered that type for a farm tractor until at least 1958, but listed them as a service part that could be used on a tractor. If I recall correct IH said you needed to fab up your own linkage for some if you wanted to adjust from the seat. Was thinking the adjustment was for fuel but would need to look for sure. Had a 450 D with one on it once.

In that case, it could be that someone has reassembled the carb incorrectly, or it could be that the starting valves and switchover mechanism needs to be set properly. Also be sure that the air cleaner is clean. Not just the bowl... the screens can get plugged as well.