Time To Stock Up On "Future Collectibles"

These  items may become very valuable 'must have' memorabilia from the past some time in the future

Aunt Jemimah pancake syrup bottles and pancake mix

Mrs. Butterworth's pancake syrup and pancake mix  (I never realized that she depicted a black woman)

Uncle Ben's rice products

Cream of Wheat packaging, 

And, of course, that "Cream of Buckwheat" (or whatever) buckwheat pancake mix that was mentioned in a recent post

Sadly, it may be too late to find any of the old Land 'O Lakes containers with the 'politically incorrect' picture of the Indian maiden to save for posterity.

3 minutes ago, new guy said:

So is it OK to have pictures of caucasian people on packaging or is that now wrong also? 

heard cracker jacks are now going to be called caucasian jacks

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, new guy said:

So is it OK to have pictures of caucasian people on packaging or is that now wrong also? 

cracker barrel is stuck between caucasian or honky barrel they can't make up their mind

• Haha 3
40 minutes ago, 88power said:

cracker barrel is stuck between caucasian or honky barrel they can't make up their mind

I like “honky barrel”  ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, new guy said:

Whatever it is now, it’s wrong for future. Ever notice the State Farm ad? They kept the same ad but changed Jake. 

• Like 1
Just now, vtfireman85 said:

Whatever it is now, it’s wrong for future. Ever notice the State Farm ad? They kept the same ad but changed Jake. 

Quit watching TV except for old westerns (racist i am sure) and the local weather channel (inaccurate but not racist...i dont think...). Usually go to Amazon prime movies and pick something with no ads. So aside from the Grit channel with some catheter commercials, adult diaper commercials and those lawyers going after everything sold in the last 50 years i dont keep up on the prime time stuff so well....?

20 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

I’m pretty sure the old “Jake” got arrested or something but yes the new “Jake” is more politically correct by today’s standards 

15 minutes ago, new guy said:

Quit watching TV except for old westerns (racist i am sure) and the local weather channel (inaccurate but not racist...i dont think...). Usually go to Amazon prime movies and pick something with no ads. So aside from the Grit channel with some catheter commercials, adult diaper commercials and those lawyers going after everything sold in the last 50 years i dont keep up on the prime time stuff so well....?

Old westerns like Blazing Saddles?  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, 88power said:

heard cracker jacks are now going to be called caucasian jacks

Beat me to it LOL

1804186363_crackerjacks.thumb.jpeg.7f8dcb43f0260d6ff97e62f59326b88d.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Naw, Winchester 73, Jimmy Stewart was mean, nasty and killed all comers. 

Watch the Hallmark Channel, every pretty young girl wants to meet a pretty young guy and have a fancy wedding and be happy forever after.

• Haha 1
24 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

Old westerns like Blazing Saddles?  

Better get the original version?       ?

105277884_blazingsaddles2.thumb.jpeg.cd53469a2e82c767bce832895e9d5b42.jpeg

• Haha 4

Can you imagine if Mel Brooks tried making a movie today???

Blazing Saddles: "the sheriff is a NEAAARR"

Robin Hood, Men in Tights: "a Jew? In these parts?"

SpaceBalls - offensive to all Druids and large piles of talking pizza

2 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

I like “honky barrel”  ?

We should start a petition and demand they change their name ot that? to me it is just as dumb as all the rest this stuff getting their name changed i heard on the news that aunt Jemimah has been called that dam near 150 years just like the statutes if they been there this long why bother now?

4 hours ago, new guy said:

Can you imagine the out cry if they just changed them to caucasian people photos 

30 minutes ago, Jesse in WI said:

Can you imagine if Mel Brooks tried making a movie today???

Blazing Saddles: "the sheriff is a NEAAARR"

Robin Hood, Men in Tights: "a Jew? In these parts?"

SpaceBalls - offensive to all Druids and large piles of talking pizza

Aw, the good old days, I really miss 'em. 

294295883_archiegoodolddays.jpg.39a057b077d243810fee8b70f1a380ac.jpg

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, jeeper61 said:

Can you imagine the out cry if they just changed them to caucasian people photos 

That’s what I don’t understand. What can they do that isn’t considered racist?  Put a white person on there and it’s racist...put an African American person on there and it’s racist. It’s because those who stir the pot don’t want to get along.

No right answer unless it’s the left answer?  Tongue in cheek yes but is it true?  How about this. “Mrs Nonracially biased’s pancake gravy”  Wait......dang it that leaves men out....??‍♂️

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

Put a white person on there and it’s racist

This one is a bit "tetchy" but.........

Why can their be a black history month, black miss america, black shopping network, black news channel and probably more. 

Don't dare put a white in front of anything. 

Personally don't give a rats tail holder but why isn't equality equal???

• Like 3

Just on the news there is a big kerfuffle over taking school resource officers out of schools in northern vt because they are targeting young black students. ?I think there might be 3 or 4 young black students 

I feel bad for my kids and grandkids, I'll be dead in 20-30 years, plus I can always sell out and move way, way out, live in a shack, and call it good. Live under the shoulder of the continential divide, and not pay attention, but for now I'm in the fray. Ever see the movie, Second Hand Lions? That's what I wanna be when I'm done with this crap that is unfolding. But alas, it behooves me to stick around to make sure my grandkids don't drink the Kool aid. After that, all bets are off.

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, Ihfan4life said:

Second Hand Lions is an excellent movie ? 

I'll second that. Lot of these people rioting need to have the talk. 

• Like 1