Sign in to follow this  
augercreek

Beaver Bay To Finland Ride & Bessie meets Clive

Yesterday a few of us club members went for a ride from Beaver Bay to Finland for lunch and back around 50 miles. Some beautiful scenes along the way, we saw deer, geese, ducks, swans, and a couple of sand hill cranes. Also when I got back Bessie wanted to meet Clive personally ! What's happening here !!!! They clasped front tires oh oh !!!!!

JUNE TRACTOR RIDE & BESSIE MEETS CLIVE 001.JPG

JUNE TRACTOR RIDE & BESSIE MEETS CLIVE 003.JPG

JUNE TRACTOR RIDE & BESSIE MEETS CLIVE 004.JPG

JUNE TRACTOR RIDE & BESSIE MEETS CLIVE 005.JPG

JUNE TRACTOR RIDE & BESSIE MEETS CLIVE 006.JPG

JUNE TRACTOR RIDE & BESSIE MEETS CLIVE 008.JPG

JUNE TRACTOR RIDE & BESSIE MEETS CLIVE 014.JPG

JUNE TRACTOR RIDE & BESSIE MEETS CLIVE 015.JPG

JUNE TRACTOR RIDE & BESSIE MEETS CLIVE 019.JPG

• Like 4

👍-------shiny paint and scenic country looks good.

DD

• Like 1

They do not appear to be social distancing but they already have tractor fever.  That definitely is some scenic country for a ride.  With all official Fourth of July activities cancelled for this area a friend and I hope to organize a 40 mile ride for that day.  Twenty miles or so, stop for lunch at a local restaurant (Maybe inside seating will be legal by then.  Otherwise we will do a version of the old A & W drive-in.), and then twenty or so home via  different route.

• Like 1

And you did not stop at Two Harbors at Betty's Pies ?!?!?!? You missed the best part of that route. Still looks like you had the perfect weather and low traffic for the drive.

My wife was born in Duluth (many years ago) Every time we get back up that way we have to go to Split Rock Lighthouse and Betty's Pies. Also we try to be there when Grandma's Marathon is ran.

My wife had a cousin that died last Saturday in Bloomington, Minnesota but with the virus and riots, we are not leaving home. (southern Indiana)

• Like 1

That is beautiful country up there! Would love to see it from a tractor seat sometime. Amazing how much more you see at 20mph than whizzing by in a truck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1965Dennis said:

And you did not stop at Two Harbors at Betty's Pies ?!?!?!? You missed the best part of that route. Still looks like you had the perfect weather and low traffic for the drive.

My wife was born in Duluth (many years ago) Every time we get back up that way we have to go to Split Rock Lighthouse and Betty's Pies. Also we try to be there when Grandma's Marathon is ran.

My wife had a cousin that died last Saturday in Bloomington, Minnesota but with the virus and riots, we are not leaving home. (southern Indiana)

When Betty had the old shop they WERE good pies ! She made everything from scratch with lard in the crust! New owners can't hold a candle to old Betties.