Talking military wrecker reminds me of story my late father told me. He was stationed in Japan after WWII was over. Was out driving a wrecker and pulled onto this one lane bridge. Well a busload of the locals pulled onto the bridge and would not back up. So he put it in 6wd and pushed the bus out the other with tire squealing and  people yelling.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We still use this one as a yard truck at work It a 1975  350 Cummins 13 speed 65000# rears  1200-24 tires it’s a nice old truck the frame is starting to laminate some that’s why we just use it in the pit now 

43EB6009-A83A-4F27-BD04-3E482F4F1E99.jpeg

8FD11059-D601-4280-96C0-1CDECA678A9C.jpeg

image.jpg

• Like 2
3 hours ago, forwhldrv said:

We still use this one as a yard truck at work It a 1975  350 Cummins 13 speed 65000# rears  1200-24 tires

Saw your post and had to show this. A guy on youtube builds model kits and did this one several months ago.

Autocar dump truck.JPG

5 minutes ago, twostepn2001 said:

Saw your post and had to show this. A guy on youtube builds model kits and did this one several months ago.

Autocar dump truck.JPG

That model even has the 6 rod suspension.  We had a 79 that had one.  Only problem was parts were pretty well extinct for that suspension by the time we got the truck.  I’m pretty sure at work we had a 66, 72, 75, 78,79 that looked like the model .  They were brutes.  A big quarry south of me still runs quite a few every day.

40 minutes ago, twostepn2001 said:

Autocar dump truck.JPG

That’s cool

Local guy near me runs 4 or 5 Autocar 10 wheeler dump trucks.  They are out everyday running with the modern trucks on construction jobs.

I looked at one last year for farm hauling. I can't speak to it, but everything seemed heavier than other large trucks I had looked at. The cab had a bit (a lot) of rust though, which is what turned me away in the end.