Tunneldigger

856 not lowering 3 point

Yesterday I was cultivating with my 856 and turned around on end when cultivator didn't go down. Messed around with draft and went down. A few rounds later and now it will not go down at all.  Messed around with draft and nothing. Any suggestions?

Take a look a couple topics down, guy has a 1256 with the same problem, and there's some pictures as to what happened and what's involved to fix it.

Be careful if you still have your cultivator hooked up. Be best if it creeps down overnight to just unhook it while your figuring out the problem. 
they can go up or down fast without any warning. 

I had the exact same problem with my 464 3pt. No matter what I tried the arms would not lower. I started loosing up the bolts that hold the top link and as the pressure came off the draft actuating pin the arms dropped. The spring and rod under the top cover had shifted holding it in constant lift. I don't need draft right now so I just pulled the inside parts out and plugged the hole to the top link with a shoulder bolt. Still working fine a year later, but without draft control. 

21 minutes ago, Bellevillerod said:

I had the exact same problem with my 464 3pt. No matter what I tried the arms would not lower. I started loosing up the bolts that hold the top link and as the pressure came off the draft actuating pin the arms dropped. The spring and rod under the top cover had shifted holding it in constant lift. I don't need draft right now so I just pulled the inside parts out and plugged the hole to the top link with a shoulder bolt. Still working fine a year later, but without draft control. I weld washers on the lower arm to correct the problem.

856 has a completely different draft control than a 464.  464 draft is sensed off the top link, 856 draft is off a torque shaft built into the lower arm mount. 

You likely had the arm come off internally.  Let the hitch fall down and get the cultivator off.  Pull the top link cover and look inside.