overheal

Connecting the choke cable to the carburetor

My 400 came with quite a few missing parts. Most notably the choke cable. I purchased a choke cable and then realized the connector that holds it on the choke lever was also missing. I have checked around and it does come with a rebuild kit for around $70-$80 but I don't need to rebuild the carb. So i went looking for the part I need, and was quite shocked by the cost which is higher than the entire carb kit. Should I try to find a salvage one or does anyone know of a universal one that might fit. I looked at a few but none of them look similar. 

Also hello, I'm just an evil spam bot (not really) making my first post here.

The choke swivel for a M-S carb which should work is p/n 373405R1. About 4.00

Overheal

Welcome to the forum.   I think you will find that this is a premier forum,  You have an answer and a good one, in an hour and a half,  complete with a part number,  and an approximate price.   And it didn't cost anything,  anything better than that, and  someone would have to buy it for you,  deliver it to you,  and install it for you.

GT&T

1 hour ago, GT&T said:

Overheal

Welcome to the forum.   I think you will find that this is a premier forum,  You have an answer and a good one, in an hour and a half,  complete with a part number,  and an approximate price.   And id didn't cost anything,  anything better than that, and  someone would have to buy it for you,  deliver it to you,  and install it for you.

GT&T

I tried the part number but I only got one result that said discontinued. Still looking. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Sorry I used to stock them at the dealership in my misc carb parts drawer. Didn't know they were NLA. I just went to Roberts carb repair. I have bought parts from them before. I looked up a TSX810 used on a 2010 on their site. reference 31. They stock them for 23.10.

6 minutes ago, mmi said:

I've seen them in various places. I just don't know enough yet to know what might work on mine or not. I saw a cool looking tractor one day and it sort of ended up at my house somehow. I've never owned or worked on anything bigger than a riding mower before. Thanks for the links. I will check them out.

I took the cover off today and found this hidden behind the dash/instrument panel. Luckily the part I needed is still attached.

cover.png

That was easy! 

Thanks for sharing that with us,   many times people will ask for help and then never come back with the "rest of the story".

GT&T