Boring tractor pics and bald eagle

Raking hay this morning. I've been knee deep in hay the last week. Today I'm at home so I took some pictures. I know its not a very good picture but I had a bald eagle swoop down in front of me and I got my phone out just in time to see him grab a snake and take off. Keep coming back mr eagle. Between the bouncing tractor and not having time to focus pic isnt the best. Also heres my sorghum sudan coming up. 

20200613_100806.jpg

20200613_100808.jpg

20200613_104931.jpg

20200613_104943.jpg

20200613_105902.jpg

20200613_105942.jpg

20200613_110150.jpg

20200613_110820.jpg

20200613_110545.jpg

20200613_110539.jpg

• Like 14

Sweet little 756! The 56’s were the best looking IH’s in my opinion. Love the rounded hoods on ‘em. Eagles are getting to be pretty common here as well. I saw one hanging out with a couple buzzards eating on a fawn that went through the discbine. They flew off about the time I seen them, so I couldn’t tell if they were sharing or not. We are also deep in the hay right now. Be safe guys and have a great day!

Dad’s hay is being baled as I type this. Brother made some small squares with the new to him 435 last week up at his place.  We resurrected my Grandfather’s New Idea 400 take last Sunday afternoon for brother to use. It has not been out of the shed in over 20 years. 

Your hay looks good and thick.  Your sorgum sudan is about the same place as my sudan grass.  Sometime ill have to etart a thread on difference between the sogums etc.  Done with first cutting hay here.  Going to cut my 10 acres of forage oats for baling now.

On 6/13/2020 at 11:56 AM, dumbfarmer said:

Those are good pics I’ve seen so much of that stuff too that is cool but you can’t get your phone out in time to get a picture.  How do you like your Hesston/Massey baler?

Love it. We have 2 and my brother in law runs 2. Were one of the only ones in the countryside with them. I really like the monitors and diagnostics of them. At first your slightly overwhelmed by all the buttons but once you learn them you can troubleshoot any sensor and even calibrate bale shape and size from your seat. Only shortcoming we have noticed is the net actuators wear out premature as in 6,000 bales or so. $550, and the newest ones agco went to are better. 

On 6/13/2020 at 2:57 PM, gee-haw said:

Sweet little 756! The 56’s were the best looking IH’s in my opinion. Love the rounded hoods on ‘em. Eagles are getting to be pretty common here as well. I saw one hanging out with a couple buzzards eating on a fawn that went through the discbine. They flew off about the time I seen them, so I couldn’t tell if they were sharing or not. We are also deep in the hay right now. Be safe guys and have a great day!

I've grown very fond of 56's. My next one I think will be an 8 or 1256. 

On 6/13/2020 at 4:26 PM, hobbyfarm said:

Your hay looks good and thick.  Your sorgum sudan is about the same place as my sudan grass.  Sometime ill have to etart a thread on difference between the sogums etc.  Done with first cutting hay here.  Going to cut my 10 acres of forage oats for baling now.

I no tilled 3 weeks ago a 3 way cross of sorgo, sorghum sudan by missouri southern seed. I was really wanting to try it because they claimed smaller stalk sizes and more sugar from sorgo. Problem is it came up about 50% so I smacked it with a disc, cultimulched it and used my end wheel 510 drill. This time it's a great emergence. I would of liked to see it 18" by now.