Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
FarmallFan

Case Salvage yard?

Recommended Posts

Does any one know of a yard that deals in Case stuff? I'm trying to help a friend find a head for an 830 Diesel. He called Anderson Tractor in Bluffton, OH but didn't find one there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

elmer's repair centralia kansas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FarmallFan said:

Does any one know of a yard that deals in Case stuff? I'm trying to help a friend find a head for an 830 Diesel. He called Anderson Tractor in Bluffton, OH but didn't find one there. 

I might know where there is one locally here. I can double check if you would like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All states Ag parts has reman heads for 930 but not 830. Assume different engines???

They have all kinds of parts for 930 but hardly anything for 830. Guess that's the problem you are running into. Sorry. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wengers often has a decent selection, not much for case tractors around here really. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sandhiller said:

All states Ag parts has reman heads for 930 but not 830. Assume different engines???

They have all kinds of parts for 930 but hardly anything for 830. Guess that's the problem you are running into. Sorry. 

 

 

930 and 730 are the same. 1030 and 830 are the same

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lazy WP said:

930 and 730 are the same. 1030 and 830 are the same

Yes, that’s what we’ve learned. The engine is an A301 that’s actually in a 750 crawler. Would the 401 in the 930 physically fit in place of a 301?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, new guy said:

I might know where there is one locally here. I can double check if you would like.

I think he would be open to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, FarmallFan said:

Yes, that’s what we’ve learned. The engine is an A301 that’s actually in a 750 crawler. Would the 401 in the 930 physically fit in place of a 301?

No, the 401 is a 6 cylinder instead of 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don Livingston-Rusty acres tractor. Austin MN. 507-433-0073. Sold him Case stuff thru the years. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goodrich Out of Newark Valley, NY has a lot of Case on hand. And experience too

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ed Leaman said:

Goodrich Out of Newark Valley, NY has a lot of Case on hand. And experience too

I will second that .  We drive by there frequently to visit my wife’s father.  More case tractors than I have ever seen in one place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are the heads for 930/730 2 cylinder heads. I guess that’s the only way they would be the same. I have a 730 and know an 830 is also 4 cylinder but never had mine apart or never needed to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FarmallFan said:

I think he would be open to it.

Ok. I was over there tonight checking cows but the old buck was probably in bed already. I will stop back this weekend if i get a chance and check it out. 99% sure its an 830 in the shed with engine issues and a spare engine laying there too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 830 and 1030 are the same. I had a pallet of them one time. Funny the last three I had went to Australia. Because of the weight he paid around 700.00 in usps shipping. The part number was A61993. Casting 33616. Hope that helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2020 at 8:19 PM, Tmtbob said:

Are the heads for 930/730 2 cylinder heads. I guess that’s the only way they would be the same. I have a 730 and know an 830 is also 4 cylinder but never had mine apart or never needed to

Yep 2 cylinder heads. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...