Jump to content

New CaseIH parts website - give it a chance


Recommended Posts

On 7/16/2020 at 4:57 PM, CIHTECH said:

Hit here earlier this week, looked up a bunch of parts one morning. Come back to puter and whoa whats going on here? Been using the new one ever since, its not that bad. When I worked at dealer and used NexGen parts books, came back to my shop and started using CaseIH online parts, thought they sucked for the first little bit. Got use to it and liked it better than NexGen.

The only thing constant in my life is CHANGE, so I just deal with whatever as it comes along. 

 

Changing the website format is one thing. We all have our preferences and likes, but if this was the only issue, I would whole heartedly agree with you.

Not providing NLA part numbers, however, is a whole other issues. And a huge one! Common wear items can be described verbally and located...but anyone who has done serious repairs knows that there's no replacement for a parts schematic. How are we supposed to locate salvage parts with no identification number?

This isn't just an issue for old IH tractors and equipment,  the last two components for my 215 Magnum had to come from The Depot (obsolete parts) as they were no longer available through CNH.

 

Frankly, CIHTECH, the attitude in your post is exactly what I encounter at the local mega dealer when I'm looking for something NLA -- the news is delivered in a near gleeful manner. As in "what did you expect when running old equipment, our sales department will be glad to take care of the problem"

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just go to Messick's parts page..... Travis

Nasty fella ain't you🙄  There was lots living off 100 acres   everything is not the same as where you are and vice versa

Deere's is leap and bounds ahead plus older equipment more accessible  hate to say it but its true

Posted Images

15 hours ago, neukm said:

Frankly, CIHTECH, the attitude in your post

Sorry that I led you to think I have an attitude..........since using the new parts book over the last week I have a growing dislike for it. Numbers dropped, can't open more than one model number at a time, can't change width of descriptions, are just a few of my beefs with it now. All that said I will be sending CNH an email via the provided link.

Just yesterday I was looking for serial break for liner o-rings on IH 240A tractor (D-179 engine) and parts book only gave the part number and no description other than "o-ring" Found the correct info in my old service bulletin reference book. Months ago did the engine on an 884 and the info was in parts book then. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone found out if Case IH is going to get the parts book working with all the numbers?

Did anyone found out why they changed from the old one just wondering?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2020 at 12:20 PM, JimG said:

Has anyone found out if Case IH is going to get the parts book working with all the numbers?

Did anyone found out why they changed from the old one just wondering?

Wondering that myself.  Research at work is SO much more difficult now 😞

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, At least they don't have the notification I just saw on the JD website.... "Access to parts books will be stopped in 2020 - for parts availability, see your local dealer".   Or something like that.   Now, I don't know what that means exactly....but sounds almost like they are going to take away "public" access to the parts books.   Probably force you to "register" with your local dealer as an equipment owner like Lexion does??  

What a PAIN.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just went to messicks website. I do see if its NLA its not there. The 560 sleeve/piston page. Should be red 1-13. There is 5,6,10,11 and 13. Boy is that beyond stupid. No different than taking an 806 parts book and black sharpie marking thru the p/n's that are NLA. When I quit 13 years ago I was getting fed up with some of the stupid Fiat decisions as a parts manager. It seems the stupidity continues. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, cedar farm said:

Just went to messicks website. I do see if its NLA its not there. The 560 sleeve/piston page. Should be red 1-13. There is 5,6,10,11 and 13. Boy is that beyond stupid. No different than taking an 806 parts book and black sharpie marking thru the p/n's that are NLA. When I quit 13 years ago I was getting fed up with some of the stupid Fiat decisions as a parts manager. It seems the stupidity continues. 

exactly and its got nothing to do with the age of the machine. Its a courtesy to their loyal customers to keep the pages intact ( it cost them virtually nothing)- anyone  thats repaired a machine knows the value of those numbers and what you can do with them . I looked at a few things for a 5488 which was the last IH and the same applies. dumb

someone should send this link to Fiat and explain to them Legacy, Courtesy and Brand Loyalty 

 

I was talking to BIL yesterday who is a 45 year JD mechanic and he says anything over 10 years old is getting harder to get parts , JD sent those parts to a third party and when those parts are gone thats it for them. He also said any JD reman part needs the warranty because they will fail  within a year      He has a 4020 apart that has NLA pto gears and cannot find used ones ( early serial number) they used to supply parts for everything

 

I have a full set of IH micro fiche that I will be using more often

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2020 at 4:44 AM, CIHTECH said:

Sorry that I led you to think I have an attitude..........since using the new parts book over the last week I have a growing dislike for it. Numbers dropped, can't open more than one model number at a time, can't change width of descriptions, are just a few of my beefs with it now. All that said I will be sending CNH an email via the provided link.

Just yesterday I was looking for serial break for liner o-rings on IH 240A tractor (D-179 engine) and parts book only gave the part number and no description other than "o-ring" Found the correct info in my old service bulletin reference book. Months ago did the engine on an 884 and the info was in parts book then. 

provided link? what am i missing besides it? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hillman said:

exactly and its got nothing to do with the age of the machine. Its a courtesy to their loyal customers to keep the pages intact ( it cost them virtually nothing)- anyone  thats repaired a machine knows the value of those numbers and what you can do with them . I looked at a few things for a 5488 which was the last IH and the same applies. dumb

someone should send this link to Fiat and explain to them Legacy, Courtesy and Brand Loyalty 

 

I was talking to BIL yesterday who is a 45 year JD mechanic and he says anything over 10 years old is getting harder to get parts , JD sent those parts to a third party and when those parts are gone thats it for them. He also said any JD reman part needs the warranty because they will fail  within a year      He has a 4020 apart that has NLA pto gears and cannot find used ones ( early serial number) they used to supply parts for everything

 

I have a full set of IH micro fiche that I will be using more often

My brother who is a mechanic at a large independant shop said the same thing about John Deere. There are a lot of parts for 7000 series that are NLA.

At least Deere didn't toss out obsolete parts numbers off their site. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, cedar farm said:

My brother who is a mechanic at a large independant shop said the same thing about John Deere. There are a lot of parts for 7000 series that are NLA.

At least Deere didn't toss out obsolete parts numbers off their site. 

 

and so many people wonder why people keep their deere stuff and are loyal to green, because deere has figured out how to keep their customers coming back and havent kicked them to the curb by forcing them to buy new stuff - deere keeps making OLD stuff too - not all of it but you can at least get the part numbers so you can try to find aftermarket or salvage. 

interesting route CNH and FNH are taking not sure why they even use CIH anymore because its NOT. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I lost a conditioner roll bearing on my 8309 cih rotary mower conditioner. The bearing is so far gone I can't read the numbers and it's not listed on the cih website! 

I'm screwed. I'll have to measure the shaft and take the flanges with me to a bearing shop to find something to fit. This will make the repairs take much longer than if I could have the bearing on hand.

Thx-Ace 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do they just leave some item numbers off the listing? A few days ago I was looking for a price on item 73 on this picture and it's not even there. The part number is still good, 107558C1. 

https://www.mycnhistore.com/us/en/caseih/na/tractors/agricultural/over-100-hp/international-66-series-diesel-tractor/electrical/electrical-starting-and-lighting-1466-and-1468-tractors/cn/F52C7A67-8FBF-E111-9FCE-005056875BD6

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, FarmerFixEmUp said:

Why do they just leave some item numbers off the listing? A few days ago I was looking for a price on item 73 on this picture and it's not even there. The part number is still good, 107558C1. 

https://www.mycnhistore.com/us/en/caseih/na/tractors/agricultural/over-100-hp/international-66-series-diesel-tractor/electrical/electrical-starting-and-lighting-1466-and-1468-tractors/cn/F52C7A67-8FBF-E111-9FCE-005056875BD6

So you have to buy a new machine instead?

Link to post
Share on other sites

One issue I'm having with the new site is discontinued parts aren't listed at all. So on a diagram, you can see the part called out, but no listing for what the old number was or what the part was even called. Anyone experiencing that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rcb said:

One issue I'm having with the new site is discontinued parts aren't listed at all. So on a diagram, you can see the part called out, but no listing for what the old number was or what the part was even called. Anyone experiencing that?

That's the problem I had.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I built an entire tractor (Case 530) out of chunks of 430, 530, and construction king backhoe salvage machines and some eBay parts by using the old online parts catalog to cross reference various bits and pieces and figure out what I needed. I would not be able to do that today with this site. I tried sending someone who needed help a parts reference from the new site but without the NLA parts it's useless.

What is it with people?!? Why is there the perception that change always better? Is CNH deliberately trying to make it more difficult for people to run older machines, or did they outsource the parts website out to a bunch of kids who think functions have to change every year or it's not the best and have never wrenched on an old piece of equipment in their life?

I was p---ed off when Ford stopped putting the head light dimmer switch on the floorboards of their pickup trucks in '92 - I'm still not used to it being on the turn signal. Most changes to ag and on highway equipment in the lst 30 years horrify me, but simple things like limited access to information are over-the-top aggravating.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So the bearing is not listed.i got the information from y'all and called my dealer first thing this morning and guess what! The part is available and they have it in stock.

So they are not listing all the parts they sell???

I talk to the parts manager about the site and he says it's worthless but in not so nice terms. He apologized but said there's nothing he can do about it.

Thx-Ace 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, acem said:

So the bearing is not listed.i got the information from y'all and called my dealer first thing this morning and guess what! The part is available and they have it in stock.

So they are not listing all the parts they sell???

I talk to the parts manager about the site and he says it's worthless but in not so nice terms. He apologized but said there's nothing he can do about it.

Thx-Ace 

Leaned on the parts guy at my dealer about it last week- said everybody they talk to hates it but doubts it will change. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I sent them an email thru their contact us. Got a general response so far. Everyone needs to flood them with emails.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, FarmallFan said:

So you have to buy a new machine instead?

I guess I don't follow what you're trying to say. The parts listings are incomplete. 

I've never had a new piece of machinery and probably never will. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, rcb said:

One issue I'm having with the new site is discontinued parts aren't listed at all. So on a diagram, you can see the part called out, but no listing for what the old number was or what the part was even called. Anyone experiencing that?

Yep same issue here. I went to use the myshed app on my phone too and it is wiped clean. It says it is no longer supported, but why couldn't they leave all the info I had loaded into it? Instead it is all gone!

Other day I needed to look up some parts number and needed a diagram. I will say what I was looking for was easy enough to find and get too, but the lack of all part numbers was very disappointing, considering the diagram hasn't changed and all the reference numbers are still there. Then, I like to print the stuff off so I can have it in the shop and its handy, and that has sure changed. I hit the print button, everything looks good. Out it comes and the picture is so small you'd need a microscope to see the ref numbers. Ok go back and zoom in on picture and print current page. Got that solved. Then I looked at the parts list and there's no reference numbers! Wth??? So go back and select current pages from website and print off the list with whatever pn's and ref numbers there are. Boy is that stupid. No point in even having a print option. Why would they have a different listing when it goes to pdf to print than what is on the website? So stupid. I really dislike it. Takes extra steps to print now. So save your paper and do not use the print option on the parts book page. Print from the browser menu. I'm gonna have to add to their list of emails from people who hate the change! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What db said.

Plus. Just because the part number isn't listed doesn't mean it's not available!!!

My bearing was not listed but is still available?!?,?

It is FUBAR!

Thx-Ace 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Gearclash said:

I emailed them yesterday and voiced my displeasure over the parts website changes.  

I have been sent them emails also. Hope helps. Maybe we should paste a link to this thread and send it to them.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...