Matt Kirsch

New CaseIH parts website - give it a chance

Looks like the old partstore.caseih.com website is on its way out, being replaced with this new mycnhistore.com website.

Before you start grumbling, GIVE IT A CHANCE! If you were frustrated with the old system, this might be more to your liking. I think it's much improved.

I had heard rumors that the parts diagrams were no longer available but that is NOT TRUE. They're EASIER to access now, and you can get at the parts books for tractors like an H or an M without having to play tricks on the system.

Yes, you'll have to create a new account, but even that is less hassle than it was with the old system.

• Thanks 1

I'll have to check it out.

I never had a problem with the "old" system. It was the easiest to use compared to all of the other brands.

• Like 1

yeah.  Old site was already good.  Have to try the new one.   Can't be any worse than JD's new POS site

10 minutes ago, Jeff-C-IL said:

yeah.  Old site was already good.  Have to try the new one.   Can't be any worse than JD's new POS site

it is.... I just tried it.  The only thing I found remotely useful was doing a where used search by part number.

I just go to Messick's parts page.....

Travis

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Jeff-C-IL said:

I agree. I always cringed when I heard CIH was going to update their parts/order site. Or we were getting updates to our in house parts system. It seemed we would take two steps back with every new "update" A major change one time was when we lost our ability to look at daily parts sold for reordering. They went to a monthly sold instead. That was handy in the fall. Ended up looking daily thru the ticket box. No way to track parts that went to the shop. It was a nightmare. Some days 100-120 tickets to look thru. I could have killed that programmer. I always thought updates were there to justify the programmers jobs. A perfect system wouldn't need people to change it. 

I am just now trying to access the new site, and either I should feel real dumb, blind, or extremely unimpressed with the changes. I'm looking for parts diagrams for my M-TA... go to "tractors", then to "Farmall"... nothing there, only 14 models to choose from. Ok, click on "heritage"; 56 results there, but about half are Case tractors, no M's of H's of any type in sight... very frustrated right now...

Hate it

2 hours ago, Red Collector said:

I am just now trying to access the new site, and either I should feel real dumb, blind, or extremely unimpressed with the changes. I'm looking for parts diagrams for my M-TA... go to "tractors", then to "Farmall"... nothing there, only 14 models to choose from. Ok, click on "heritage"; 56 results there, but about half are Case tractors, no M's of H's of any type in sight... very frustrated right now...

The disorganization of the model lines has been a frustration all along.  I don't suppose they ever thought to bring in some old IH and Case guys to show them how to organize the model groupings in a logical fashion.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeff-C-IL said:

Deere's is leap and bounds ahead plus older equipment more accessible  hate to say it but its true

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Red Collector said:

You're making it too difficult.

At the top of the home page is a gray bar. On the left side is, "Search parts by" and it is a drop down menu. Select "Model" from the drop down menu.

In the same gray bar to the right of the drop down is a search field. Start typing. I started typing "Super M" and before I got in the "M" it showed me "Super M-TA" as one of the options.

No need to go any further!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeff-C-IL said:

Hmm, all I ever heard was complaining because the old site was too hard to use, too confusing. This new site is stupid simple if you don't overcomplicate things.

How could have the old site been hard to use? You typed in the model number and hit search. It literally doesn’t get any more simple than that. 

• Like 2

It appears that not all dealers are participating? I created an account and went to select a dealer, within 150 miles I got only two results. 

6 minutes ago, ZG6E said:

How could have the old site been hard to use? You typed in the model number and hit search. It literally doesn’t get any more simple than that. 

One common complaint I heard was that people could not figure out where to go from the first page.

I had no trouble with it, except for not being able to find certain models, such as Farmall M. The old search did not handle multiple words properly, and limited you to 50 results.

Now the search is right there on the first page. Top center. "Search parts by..." It can handle multiple word searches like "Farmall M" or give you 1273 results if you search for just "M."

3 minutes ago, Matt Kirsch said:

One common complaint I heard was that people could not figure out where to go from the first page.

I had no trouble with it, except for not being able to find certain models, such as Farmall M. The old search did not handle multiple words properly, and limited you to 50 results.

Now the search is right there on the first page. Top center. "Search parts by..." It can handle multiple word searches like "Farmall M" or give you 1273 results if you search for just "M."

The serial number search doesn't work for a Hydro 186. I tried entering my serial number and the system could not find any results. 

1 minute ago, FarmallFan said:

The serial number search doesn't work for a Hydro 186. I tried entering my serial number and the system could not find any results. 

I don't understand the point of a serial number search. Literally dozens of models would have a particular serial number. For example, how many IH models had a serial "501?" 

It's not something I would ever use but I tried it even using the full serial code from Dad's 1066 (including the part before the U). It does not appear to be working, maybe yet, maybe never.

Besides I said it was BETTER, not perfect.

After reading this thread I figured out how to get the Super C pages. It appears only current parts in the diagrams are listed. For example,  517832R1 is no where to be found except it is part 22A on drawing 103 of the chassis. Would be kinda nice to have legacy part numbers still. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, schnucks said:

After reading this thread I figured out how to get the Super C pages. It appears only current parts in the diagrams are listed. For example,  517832R1 is no where to be found except it is part 22A on drawing 103 of the chassis. Would be kinda nice to have legacy part numbers still. 

I saw this same thing. The rest of the site seems decent, but this is such a major shortcoming. I can't think of the rationale. It's not like it costs anything to have the old NLA parts in the list....

I don't think they are gonna spend $ to list parts for 80 year old stuff.  Besides the aftermarket kinda has older stuff covered.

Look fine so far....don't see what's better than older version.  Type in machine an click on what you need.  My B would be sometimes you have to think weird.  Like headlights, o  some rig they are listed under hood.  Next under lights.  Like no logic.

I have never used it. I have two sons who are almost always with me. I ask them to find it and in a few seconds they have it on their phones. They never complain about it being hard or not working. Oh to be young!

• Like 2

I Use my Samsung tablet with 4G in the field so that is what I used.

The site loaded up reasonably fast but slower than the old. This is important to me as I often have slow service.

Using my finger to operate the functions was frustrating on my tablet, I can't imagine using it on a phone.

I looked up the parts on a job I just finished, axle seal for 1486.

I can't see the parts diagram without logging in. That's a pain. I don't want to have to log in if I'm just looking.

Many parts are not listed. This is a serious problem. Many of us use the parts diagrams and listings to determine how things come apart and how to reassemble. I was taught this by an old school cih tech.

ALL PARTS NEED TO BE LISTED!!!

The easy access to parts books online is a selling point for cnh equipment.

Thx-Ace

8 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

I don't think they are gonna spend $ to list parts for 80 year old stuff.  Besides the aftermarket kinda has older stuff covered.

Look fine so far....don't see what's better than older version.  Type in machine an click on what you need.  My B would be sometimes you have to think weird.  Like headlights, o  some rig they are listed under hood.  Next under lights.  Like no logic.

There wouldn't be time required. No one went and manually uploaded all of the still-available parts to a new database. That is, if they're even using a new database and not just the old database with a new user interface. To do so, they wrote a script to pull that information from the old preexisting database and transfer it to the new. In fact, it was probably MORE work and required a little bit of extra code to ensure the NLA parts aren't listed, rather than wholesale transferring all parts without an availability check.

• Like 1

Tell my how to find a Farmall M