Last nail in coffin for Nascar..........

4 hours ago, 1466fan said:

Like i said earlier. I don't have a rebel flag. My neighbors do. So what. The same people that don't like the rebel flag don't like the president either. So now am I not supposed to wear a shirt or put a campaign sign in my yard cause someone might get their feelings hurt.  What needs to happen is people need to grow a pair and quit being "offended" by everything they don't agree with. None of these people were slaves,nor  were their parents or their grandparents just like none of mine were  slave owners. Time to get over it. It's part of our history and we can't change that.  Trying to erase it isn't a good idea either. 

As I said  "Empathy for other people"   Its easy to be egocentric and just tell everyone to F--- off if you dont agree with ME.. 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like i said earlier. I don't have a rebel flag. My neighbors do. So what. The same people that don't like the rebel flag don't like the president either. So now am I not supposed to wear a shirt or pu

NASCAR has been dying a slow death for a long time. Basically started with plate restrictor racing to keep them below 200+ plus mph. Then the so called COT (car of tomorrow) which all the cars are the

Did anyone info Nascar the Confederate flag had nothing to do about race................was about the history of being a rebel.  Wonder if they are glad they reduced the fanbase even more?

Posted Images

Would one be offended if a neighbor flew a Nazi Swastika flag? 

23 minutes ago, gonzo 1066 said:

As I said  "Empathy for other people" 

The Swastika and the Confederate flag represent horrific times in the culture of certain people. To  blacks a Confederate flag may be like showing a Swastika to those of Jewish faith .  I had a Confederate flag on the wall of my College dorm room, never thought of it as racist. Just thought it was cool. I never would have a Nazi flag, but I don't think I understood what a Confederate flag meant to some.

• Like 2

When I lived in Wisconsin my next door neighbor had a Hitler tribute park-monument behind his barn.   He served as a SS officer  during WW II.   He often told me what a great man Hitler was,how he fixed all of the financial woes of Germany and that the holocaust was just a made up story by the news media.   If you google Ted Junker you will be able to read about my neighbor.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Junker              The memorial was not far from large Jewish communities in northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin and caused quite a stir.   

I personally don't like the rebel flag, but it is part of this country whether you like it or not.  I had a neighbor here who fought in WWII, and he had a big Nazi flag he brought home with him, had it on the wall in the living room.  Incidently his neighbor who I may of spoken about on here, was actually in a Concentration Camp.  They were good friends and me being a kid, I didn't quite understand it and I asked the one with the Nazi flag one time about why he had that up.  He said, "That GD thing sure looks better on that cruddy wall than on top a official Nazi government building where I got it from...............Just like that flag, we took that ******* down!"  For him it was a part of history, and we can't forget history or it gets repeated"  

• Like 3

I'd like to see real cars race. Particularly road courses. I lost interest in NASCAR when they turned into carbon copies of one another. I liked seeing brands compete based on their own engineering prowess. Nothing wrong with a melting pot, as long as it gets mixed. A melting pot with all the ingredients still separate indicates the pot wasn't working.

Unfortunately too many people are profiting off the divide for it to end any time soon.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, gonzo 1066 said:

As I said  "Empathy for other people"   Its easy to be egocentric and just tell everyone to F--- off if you dont agree with ME.. 

So these people have been on the tv burning the American flag so I shouldn't have one of those either since it hurts their feelings. Better get rid of those pulling tractors too. They blow too much smoke for the greenies. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, 1466fan said:

So these people have been on the tv burning the American flag so I shouldn't have one of those either since it hurts their feelings. Better get rid of those pulling tractors too. They blow too much smoke for the greenies. 

Do  you think burning old glory is on the same level as displaying the confederate flag?

19 hours ago, 1466fan said:

Maybe the stupidest thing with all this going on. The confederates were technically traitors to the U.S. correct? So the people who have taken the neighborhood in Seattle are in favor of removing all these "racist" symbols from the past aren't they basically the same thing by doing what they're doing.  

The war was started about states rights. Lincoln signed a bill which taxed Southern businesses 47% which caused a lot of businesses to go insolvent. The constitution at that time stated that states had a right to succeed from the union if they felt their rights were infringed upon. The South were not traitors they were just exercising their right to succeed. Look up the Morrell Act.

• Like 3
59 minutes ago, Eason said:

The war was started about states rights. Lincoln signed a bill which taxed Southern businesses 47% which caused a lot of businesses to go insolvent. The constitution at that time stated that states had a right to succeed from the union if they felt their rights were infringed upon. The South were not traitors they were just exercising their right to succeed. Look up the Morrell Act.

Trigger Events for Civil War

1 hour ago, Eason said:

Lincoln did not sign the "bill"'.  The Morrill Tariff was signed by President James Buchanan.  Prior the start of the Civil War, several states had already seceded from the Union.

Morrill Act - 1862

Passed on July 2, 1862, this act made it possible for new western states to establish colleges for their citizens. The new land-grant institutions, which emphasized agriculture and mechanic arts, opened opportunities to thousands of farmers and working people previously excluded from higher education.

5 hours ago, gonzo 1066 said:

Do  you think burning old glory is on the same level as displaying the confederate flag?

IMO  burning old glory is a crime and displaying the confederate flag is a covered by the 1st

• Like 2
5 hours ago, gonzo 1066 said:

No. As others have stated one is a against the law and the other is protected by the constitution. I don't have a problem with some one flying one. I just don't personally put one up. If I had a general Lee it would definitely have one on it though. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Eason said:

I agree. I guess thats why a lot of people call it the war of northern aggression. 

To me, comparing Nascar to car racing is like comparing WWE to wrestling. Its a business built on hype..and a lot of it is fake as far as I'm concerned. Too much $$$, and not enough of the real thing.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, SDman said:

To me, comparing Nascar to car racing is like comparing WWE to wrestling. Its a business built on hype..and a lot of it is fake as far as I'm concerned. Too much $$$, and not enough of the real thing.

I like to watch Formula 1. It would be nice to see some more American teams . Since F1 has been acquired by an American company maybe it could get a foothold here.

1 hour ago, lorenzo said:

Chances are high that he doesn’t know the connection . 

I think you said a mouthful Lorenzo, I see it up here with everyday stuff, the wars, the depression, general knowledge facts, people either aren’t interested or it’s not on a social platform so its, so what.

'And once the Union Army came south it was an invasion of the lands worked by subsistence farmers. Prior to the war Natchez, MS was one of the richest cities in the then US. However a majority of the planters were from the NE part of the country who came south to make their fortune. 

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 7:55 PM, TP from Central PA said:

I personally don't like the rebel flag, but it is part of this country whether you like it or not.  I had a neighbor here who fought in WWII, and he had a big Nazi flag he brought home with him, had it on the wall in the living room.  Incidently his neighbor who I may of spoken about on here, was actually in a Concentration Camp.  They were good friends and me being a kid, I didn't quite understand it and I asked the one with the Nazi flag one time about why he had that up.  He said, "That GD thing sure looks better on that cruddy wall than on top a official Nazi government building where I got it from...............Just like that flag, we took that ******* down!"  For him it was a part of history, and we can't forget history or it gets repeated"  

My mother worked at the hospital in the next larger town.  She had made some connections and in the winters when I about 9 through 11 I'd go to work with her on Saturdays and hang at the rock shop in that town.  Run as a side business by a George ( a Rockwell employee) and Hartger (town's HS chemistry teacher).  George was super cool, Hartger much less so.

The shop was on the river and had a main floor at street level.  Beside was a set of stairs that led down a level to a room underneath the main floor.  One day George  said "I want to show you something."  We went down and he unlocked the door and we went in.  Like a lot of places like this it was cluttered with things everywhere.  He led me to a cardboard drum and said.  "Bill I'm going to show you something that should never have probably never been brought into this country."  He opened it and pulled out a PRISTINE Waffen-SS officer's uniform.

Complete....Hat, boots, pants, the Great Coat.  All coal black, the brim of the hat and boots gloss, and the SS armband on the sleeve of the coat.  I have to admit it was striking, imposing, and in one sense beautiful.  Even though I a very young boy I also knew it represented the evil that can exist in this world.

I was young and didn't ask much and George never told me where the uniform came from but I do know he served in Europe during WW II.  I've always assumed he brought it home as a war prize.  Later in life I've also wondered what became of it.

15 hours ago, Eason said:

Succeed, secede

1 hour ago, Atilathehun99 said:

My mother worked at the hospital in the next larger town.  She had made some connections and in the winters when I about 9 through 11 I'd go to work with her on Saturdays and hang at the rock shop in that town.  Run as a side business by a George ( a Rockwell employee) and Hartger (town's HS chemistry teacher).  George was super cool, Hartger much less so.

The shop was on the river and had a main floor at street level.  Beside was a set of stairs that led down a level to a room underneath the main floor.  One day George  said "I want to show you something."  We went down and he unlocked the door and we went in.  Like a lot of places like this it was cluttered with things everywhere.  He led me to a cardboard drum and said.  "Bill I'm going to show you something that should never have probably never been brought into this country."  He opened it and pulled out a PRISTINE Waffen-SS officer's uniform.

Complete....Hat, boots, pants, the Great Coat.  All coal black, the brim of the hat and boots gloss, and the SS armband on the sleeve of the coat.  I have to admit it was striking, imposing, and in one sense beautiful.  Even though I a very young boy I also knew it represented the evil that can exist in this world.

I was young and didn't ask much and George never told me where the uniform came from but I do know he served in Europe during WW II.  I've always assumed he brought it home as a war prize.  Later in life I've also wondered what became of it.

Yeah, wish I would have asked more questions, but I was raised that at a young age you didn't ask much, you did mostly listening.