TP from Central PA

Last nail in coffin for Nascar..........

Nascar and country music went as far south as they could go long ago. They both fell in the Gulf.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 856 Custom said:

Nascar and country music went as far south as they could go long ago. They both fell in the Gulf.

Lady antebellum changed their name today, lady A.

I wish I could swear sometimes becuz this is baloney and it means naught in the big picture.

I think I’ll discuss this with my wife, after 51 years I won’t get banned.🤬

I figure its going to bleed over into college football this fall; even the SEC. The two Mississippi schools had marches and protests this past week. Being orchestrated from outsiders.

Attendance will fall in the fall!

10 hours ago, R Pope said:

I quit following Nascar when they were no longer any pretense of "Stock"!

Heck they stopped being stock in the 70's!

Rick

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oldtanker said:

Heck they stopped being stock in the 70's!

Rick

thats about the time i quit watching

I haven't even been to a dirt track race since 1998 or so. I've never been to a football game (school was too small to have a team). I once went to a softball game but I fell asleep.

• Like 1

What do you expect? We had to ban the "Dukes of Hazzard" because of the Confederate flag on the General Lee. Nobody ever saw it anyway because they were too busy watching Daisy. Now I see they want to ban "Gone With the Wind" because of its racial overtones? Good Grief.

• Like 1

NASCAR is better to watch now cause they have zero practice. They get to the track get into the car and drive. They go down pit row following the pace car to get the correct RPMs  for pitroad speed been more pitroad penalties. 

6 hours ago, SDman said:

What do you expect? We had to ban the "Dukes of Hazzard" because of the Confederate flag on the General Lee. Nobody ever saw it anyway because they were too busy watching Daisy. Now I see they want to ban "Gone With the Wind" because of its racial overtones? Good Grief.

"Magnificent Daily Telegraph front page"

https://www.michaelsmithnews.com/2020/06/magnificent-daily-telegraph-front-page.html

I’m glad I have enough going on in my life that I don’t care to spend any time worrying about what nascar does or dosent do but I would rather be tied to a chair with tooth picks holding my eyes open forced to watch nascar rather then watch football,. 

• Like 2

This caused a shatstorm of epic proportions.  I'm personally not a huge fan of the Confederate flag, but then again it's really not my business to question what someone else likes.  Shame on this newspaper for throwing his name out, and not even at least getting a statement from him as multiple "offended" people got all the dialogue.  

Screenshot_20200611-221335_Facebook.jpg

NASCAR began losing my interest when they caved in and dropped Winston from sponsoring the series!! 

• Like 1

i will never understand why folks still fly the confederate flag, the war is long over - its over and so is slavery - not that we dont have the freedom to fly what we want  but I dont get the point of it, maybe someone can elaborate ? 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

i will never understand why folks still fly the confederate flag, the war is long over - its over and so is slavery - not that we dont have the freedom to fly what we want  but I dont get the point of it, maybe someone can elaborate ? 

I believe to some it represents being a rebel.

Challenging Authority  

54 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

Because they can and feel like they are Rebels. Good majority of them have no clue what they believe 

56 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

But. They have the right. It's no different than the gun deal. If you don't believe they have the freedom to fly it if they want. I could care less one way or the other if somebody does. That's no different than saying I don't know why people want ar's. It won't end there. Next week it will be something else they want to take away. 

Maybe the stupidest thing with all this going on. The confederates were technically traitors to the U.S. correct? So the people who have taken the neighborhood in Seattle are in favor of removing all these "racist" symbols from the past aren't they basically the same thing by doing what they're doing.  

1 hour ago, Lazy WP said:

Because they can and feel like they are Rebels. Good majority of them have no clue what they believe 

It stuns me how many people have no empathy for others feelings.   To me the idiocy of flying a flag that represented a VERY anti American time in our history baffles me.    OK lets fly the flag of the side that LOST a bloody war, fly the flag that represents the death of hundreds of thousands of Americans.   Its long past time to move on from that part of our past. IMHO  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, gonzo 1066 said:

It stuns me how many people have no empathy for others feelings.   To me the idiocy of flying a flag that represented a VERY anti American time in our history baffles me.    OK lets fly the flag of the side that LOST a bloody war, fly the flag that represents the death of hundreds of thousands of Americans.   Its long past time to move on from that part of our past. IMHO  

I agree. I am pretty much an all around rebel. Don’t go with the flow real well, but am relatively patriotic. Flying the rebel flag is a bit like Sandhillers neighbors to the north bragging about how they are going to take back their land. They lost the war years ago. 

Censorship is alive and well in America!!  Also Fascism in the guise of anti-fascism, which is intolerant of any differing view point and will give you a beat down for speaking out!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jeeper61 said:

I believe to some it represents being a rebel.

Challenging Authority  

that makes sense - we all  like to think we have a little rebel in us but that flag just doesnt mean rebel so i think that is where the rub is

2 hours ago, Lazy WP said:

likely so, I wish they would stop and search within and find out 

2 hours ago, 1466fan said:

But. They have the right. It's no different than the gun deal. If you don't believe they have the freedom to fly it if they want. I could care less one way or the other if somebody does. That's no different than saying I don't know why people want ar's. It won't end there. Next week it will be something else they want to take away. 

oh yes they have teh right and like all these protests as long as its civil go for it, fully agree and support peoples rights for that stuff, we all have our axe to grind, i dont care if someone flies it outside either but if someone calls them out, they better be able to back up their stance with good reason outside of cause i wanna be a jerk because i can.  

regarding an AR and backing up my reason, I guess I could think of several, I got one about 8 yrs ago when my daughter got old enough to shoot. She shot one of a friends and its what my daughter likes to hunt with. I could care less........

Agreed it will be something else next week or yr or decade. A few more generations  and people wont know or care. We will all be gone and so will most of that history. Our public schools are seeing to that. 

53 minutes ago, gonzo 1066 said:

It used to stun me, but not much anymore. People have become apathetic, which is the very reason we are seeing the protests. They arent about race they are about disrespect of humans, their rights, and lack of love that the lord speaks of. 

13 minutes ago, Lazy WP said:

I agree. I am pretty much an all around rebel. Don’t go with the flow real well, but am relatively patriotic. Flying the rebel flag is a bit like Sandhillers neighbors to the north bragging about how they are going to take back their land. They lost the war years ago. 

Its always a matter of the weaker, less powerful, strongest will survive. Did we do things wrong YES, have we apologized Ehhhhh to some degree. I have become less of a rebel since I have tried to be more Christlike. Its a daily battle. I have a rotten sinful core that runs deep. I try to say im sorry more often, I try to be more empathetic, I try to understand others positions. So now I call it ornery. I have tried to reduce it to a little ornery and twist a tail now and then but all in innocent good fun, problem is its measurable to an extent of degree of injury and disrespected to someone else. I dont like being that way and am trying to be better. Words do hurt and leave a mark. I was crucified as a kid in many ways by bullies and I know what that feels like. What can i prove by being a rebel? 

1 hour ago, gonzo 1066 said:

Like i said earlier. I don't have a rebel flag. My neighbors do. So what. The same people that don't like the rebel flag don't like the president either. So now am I not supposed to wear a shirt or put a campaign sign in my yard cause someone might get their feelings hurt.  What needs to happen is people need to grow a pair and quit being "offended" by everything they don't agree with. None of these people were slaves,nor  were their parents or their grandparents just like none of mine were  slave owners. Time to get over it. It's part of our history and we can't change that.  Trying to erase it isn't a good idea either. 

• Like 6