The best sound a snake makes is when you hit one with the lawn mower

• Like 2
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to clarify Poisonous snake has a body with a round profile..non poisonous snake has a flat body with tire tread shapes on it 

BURN HIM OUT! 

I don't know but have your wife video it and share it with us!!   Rick

Posted Images

1 hour ago, vtfireman85 said:

..never mind 

Hey I didn't out you and tell him who told me......OPPS! I just don't wanna know how you knew????🤣

Rick

couple thoughts:

1. If you're brave enough, get a thin rope and make a snare around the hole. Tape the rope right to the cedar around the hole. When he pokes his head out of the hole and through the snare, you can jerk it tight and maybe you can coax him out. If you can't coax him out, you'll have to wait out the decomposition of a dead snake. Either way, no snake
  2. .22 caliber snakeshot/ratshot. Dead but maybe in the wall.
  3. combination of 1 and 2.
  4. grab/decapitate with a pruning saw

And now for the less helpful responses:

1. Mongoose
  2. banging and noise (vibrations) dunno if that'll work
  3. snake glue trap (but requires her to leave the hole)
  4. tree pruner decapitation

Here in rhode island we dont jave any poisonous snake. I do have nice at the house and I hate cats. While at work if I come across any black racers or milk snakes I will catch them and release them in my yard.  Havent noticed a dent in the mice population but then again...I hate cats.

He has been MIA since I took the pic at 1am.

I think the camera flash blinded him/her and it is hiding out till it regains it`s sight... sigh. 

This may be what it does next.

Snake Character Wearing Sunglasses Stock Photo, Picture And ...

Back during my first marriage, we had an old stable/shed that we used to keep the tractors in. The bay where my ex father in law kept his tractor had a beam that was about three feet above your head when you got on the tractor. In the summer time if you looked up, there was always a black snake stretched out enjoying the warmth, first time I saw that it really freaked me out, after a while you expected to see it and were bummed if you didn't. When we torn that building down, we moved 6 or 7 of them that ranged from four to six feet long.

One day I started down the driveway and saw something on the drive, I thought someone left a rake in the yard, When I got out to pick it up, it moved on its own off the drive! That one was all of six feet.

Another day I came downstairs in the morning to see something on the floor of the family room, thought the dogs brought in a stick, when I went to pick it up, it slithered up the inside of my recliner, luckily the back of the chair was held on by a Velcro flap, I got some gloves and got that thing out of the house. It was a young black snake, which is brown with light colored markings.

Only negative about black snakes is that copperhead like to see with them if in the same habitat.I

At my new house, all I have seen at Garter snakes.

So we got a call from the neighbor, she had a friend in her closet. It had gone back up un the attic before i could get there... Walked in with a binding fork, hoe .22 and a lighter, i asked if her house was insured but no....

FB_IMG_1592009676718.jpg

Did ya come up with a name for mr snake 🐍 yet ?

On 6/11/2020 at 11:19 PM, bkorth said:

The best sound a snake makes is when you hit one with the lawn mower

One out ran the Farmall c and the new ideas seven foot 🦶 sickle bar. Field looked like a Pac-Man course. 
Dad said ,what the thunder happen here ! 🐍🤷‍♂️👀

• Haha 1

Have any luck yet Mark?

I can send over my snake retriever. Here is a picture of him at work. Has the snake right where he wants him. 😉  😅  😁

232440131_snakebird.thumb.jpeg.4cf264426d9a9bc04a0f6863a4ccd6f5.jpeg

• Like 1
17 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Have any luck yet Mark?

I can send over my snake retriever. Here is a picture of him at work. Has the snake right where he wants him. 😉  😅  😁

Whoa!!

Aaaahhhhhh!!!!! Kill it then burn its devil body!!! Burn the house down if ya have to! 

Ok,im settled down now. Sorry i effin hate snakes. What about a ladder and a cattle prod? You probably dont have one but they have a way of encouraging vermin to move. Then once outside 12guage justice. Or you could just get a terrarrium for it and keep it as a pet? Who knows you and the wifey may git attached. Man i hope that thing doesnt have babies in your house.....oh gawd the mess! On an unrelated note hey bobby!

• Haha 2
19 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Have any luck yet Mark?

That’s one heck of a photo! 

6 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

That’s one heck of a photo! 

I believe it's from Australia, nothing like that in Nebraska😬

Thankfully

Found this on the carport one night after a heavy rain, and the next morning it had not moved, so I figured maybe it had drowned, and I got my LOOOONG handled pitchfork, and carried it down the street a couple of hundred feet and put it under a tree.

P1000569_1497.JPG.c9c69341f339ccd81314d07b44ff763e.JPG

The only other snake I have seen at my humble abode was some kind of shiny silver one that got underneath the walk before I had a chance to scream.

Snake update needed! BUMP

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 6/16/2020 at 8:23 PM, 660 driver said:

Snake update needed! BUMP

HP

X3

On 6/11/2020 at 9:14 PM, Dasnake said:

Ru serious? 

There isn't  an Eeeeeek button

• Like 1