Randy Sohn remembered

I'm re-reading an aviation book that I first read almost 40 years ago - 'THE SAGA OF IRON ANNIE' by Martin Caidin, it describes the the history of the Junkers Ju52, a German tri-motor transport developed in the 1930's and widely used in WWII and Caidin's re-building of the only flying example in the United States.

This morning I turned to page 174 and at the bottom of the page is a picture of the Ju52 arriving at the Confederate (as it was known prior to political correctness) Air Force airshow in Harlingen Texas on Oct 9, 1975. A crowd of people is surrounding the airplane to congratulate the airplane and crew's arrival. The caption below the photo reads in part - "Facing the camera at far left is Randy Sohn, a master at flying any kind of war-bird".

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

I don’t know how tall he actually was but on here he was larger than life. I miss his input. 

• Like 6

He is certainly missed. I have a  file with a bunch of pictures he sent me.

Yes Randy will be missed. As I've stated before I love the photo of Randy and his (grandson?) flying together. The smiles and twinkle in their eyes show the mutual love and respect towards each other.