Injection Pump Installation 1086

I finally broke down and purchased an overhauled pump, I need all the pointers I can get on the removal and install of the new one. So looking at the timing marks and there is a raised pointer on the engine block. Do I set the crank on 0 for TDC? Sorry for all the questions just been too many years since I worked on engines. Thanks in Advance

Pull the front cover off where the pump drive gear is and line up the timing mark in there. Pull the cover off beside the rotor and make sure there is a mark towards the rear of the rotor if there isnt turn it over one revolution and youll be in time

Take the little plate off the side of the pump rotor, and rotate your motor forward until the scribe lines line up.  If you reinstall the new pump the same way, it should be right.

18 hours ago, fordfx413 said:

18* BTDC on number 1. There are timing marks on the crank pulley,, but the pulley can slip due to wear. Best bet would be to go off the flywheel markings.

The front pulley cannot slip due to wear it can slip if the elastomer in it broke then you better replace it before you have significant valve train problems or your fan quits turning