Brad Bauer

Moldboard plow

I just got a new (to me) 3 bottom plow made by Intetnational. I am hoping someone can tell me what model the plow is and where I can get some parts. 
Numbers stamped on the middle beam are P012572. On the furrow side P017184. And the land side is P013813.

The middle coulter was replaced with a different one from another plow, and the hitch was converted to a straight hitch so there is no release.
I would appreciate any help and information 

Brad

Pictures?

• Like 1

Little Genius #8 - "newer" vintage. IH Ploughman can probably tell you the year. I have a '45 two bottom version with a tractor tread drive wheel. The old version have steel wheels.

I would like to return it to original and paint it, if it is worth it.

it does/did work. I got into a stump or roots and it took effort but went through them. Later on the middle coulter stem broke.  Had it welded up again. Just had it welded up and waiting to try it. It looks like the coulter set on a old moline plow I have there also.

On 6/9/2020 at 11:19 PM, Brad Bauer said:

I would like to return it to original and paint it, if it is worth it.

it does/did work. I got into a stump or roots and it took effort but went through them. Later on the middle coulter stem broke.  Had it welded up again. Just had it welded up and waiting to try it. It looks like the coulter set on a old moline plow I have there also.

Before and after. What doesn't show is the severe pitting on the trailing wheel rim that I fixed with POR Patch. Also a broken trailing wheel bearing hub, a trip hitch that had been bolted fixed, and a few other little goodies.

IMG_4586.JPG

IMG_6144.JPG

• Like 1

Yes, No. 8 Little Genius.  The hitch plates date it to 1947 and later.  I agree the middle coulter looks like Moline.  Do your research on what should be red, blue, and the proper shade of white.  Everyone has their own opinion.  

3 hours ago, IHCPloughman said:

Yes, No. 8 Little Genius.  The hitch plates date it to 1947 and later.  I agree the middle coulter looks like Moline.  Do your research on what should be red, blue, and the proper shade of white.  Everyone has their own opinion.  

Hello IHC Ploughman. Mine is not exactly correct but the fellow who painted for me got it somewhat close. My goal was to stop the rusting deterioration. It looks pretty good, too, even if not exactly correct. BTW, have you ever thought of publishing a book on this subject? You are the most knowledgable person on old IH plows that we have in our midst, it seems.

Where can I get manuals for this plow?  I have had the plow out and it seems to work ok. It is not set up right but close. 
 Thanks and Happy Fathers Dad to all the Dads out there

Manual can be found from ebay, Jensales, or Binder Books.