Sign in to follow this  
POOH

IHC 766

I am looking for a replacement motor for an ihc 766.What other tractors used the same motor or equipment?Mine does not have the German diesel motor.

As 766s never had a GERMAN motor are you saying you have a gas powered tractor or a diesel with the 360? If its a gas any 291 engine from a late 706 ,666-686,or 756 would fit as well as a 301 from a tractor or combine if you use your existing front and rear mounts. If you are talking diesel the 360 was used in just the 766 and early 886. accouple of power units and a 520 payloader along with a log skidder . your existing engine would have the front and rear covers so you could adapt any 400 NA series engine from the start to your tractor and would allow you to adapt most turboed engines that had upright exhaust and were not intercooled up to 1986. Payloader or crawler manifolds will not work.

Mine is the diesel motor.Is an 806 a different sized motor,or will they bolt up?

806 is completely different engine. If you cannot get another ag 360, I would use a truck 360. 

On 6/7/2020 at 1:12 PM, POOH said:

Mine is the diesel motor.Is an 806 a different sized motor,or will they bolt up?

no it is not a bolt up lots of little differences add up to a lot of work a truck 360 will work but it is not a bolt in and go I personally think a 414-436 engine is the least work to bolt in  nothing but a tractor 360 is a bolt in and go .