Jump to content
806 man

Jerk with no common courtesy.

Recommended Posts

Found a Kenworth transfer set with extra 4 axle pup trailer on C/L .  I was interested in it so this week Wednesday-Thursday- Friday I emailed the guy several times with questions , received 3-4 worded answers back which was frustrating. Last question I asked on Friday was,  I would like to send my guy to check it out on Saturday (today) I told him it's a 2.5 hour drive to get there . Yes was the response so I asked for his number which he sent. My guy called him last Friday afternoon and said he would be there between 8.00-8.30Am will that work, yes he said . He arrives at 8.20 am the guy says Another guy was already there looked at the truck and has gone to the bank to get the money. So my guy calls me tells me what's up I said stay there and check over the truck anyway it might be a BS story . Hour later the guy shows up with the check. Now I'm pissed because the guy didn't mention any one else coming or should have IMO told the other guy about us coming to look at it and he would be 2nd in line. What ever happened to common courtesy? It's not as if I expected the guy to hold the truck for 1-2 days. If he had told me a guy was in line ahead of me I wouldn't sent my guy there an a potential dry run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That sucks. Some people just have no desire to communicate unless it's a text message.

I had that a week ago with a guy who had a mower for sale on c list . I emailed him twice, texted 3 times and called to leave 2 voice messages. No reply on any of them. Finally 2 days ago he actually answered the phone and told me where he lived. I was within a half hour of there this morning and he's about an hour away, tried to contact him  and no answer again. Left a message  and went back home. Wasn't going to waste the time if he's not around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Similar thing happened to me. I had a good conversation with a guy about a machine, said I'd be there first thing in the morning and he agreed, called out of courtesy to tell him I was on the road only to hear "A guy just showed up with cash and it's sold". W**? People suck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a Craigslist jerk just the other day. I haven’t sent him a picture of the check yet, but I am going to, I had 2 ppl fighting over it and a check for the full asking price with an extremely happy new owner the next day. ...and there were no scratches on the bumper, that car was clean from license plate to license plate. 

2CB81287-376B-4ABF-A512-311516A1F6BF.jpeg

B461632A-370A-42B8-B7B9-B24E794E285E.jpeg

757DA7FE-FF58-41F0-B6D0-083AD994667A.jpeg

FE2D8108-AC08-4285-B044-E4EC756A004D.jpeg

75985FE4-9A5B-4C28-B5ED-1D0152E5E7FA.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

had similar on april 20 wanted to buy piece of equip

15 hour trip on a good day and then 2 states had closed roads and basically no were to stop

told the guy send me full panel of photos and serial info,would confirm with mfg on repair costs and setup to drop at factory on return trip.

if they confirm < $5K repairs will have full cash in hand.

" if you want photos and serial # come and do it your self"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

I had a Craigslist jerk just the other day. I haven’t sent him a picture of the check yet, but I am going to, I had 2 ppl fighting over it and a check for the full asking price with an extremely happy new owner the next day. ...and there were no scratches on the bumper, that car was clean from license plate to license plate. 

2CB81287-376B-4ABF-A512-311516A1F6BF.jpeg

B461632A-370A-42B8-B7B9-B24E794E285E.jpeg

757DA7FE-FF58-41F0-B6D0-083AD994667A.jpeg

FE2D8108-AC08-4285-B044-E4EC756A004D.jpeg

75985FE4-9A5B-4C28-B5ED-1D0152E5E7FA.jpeg

PLEASE send him a picture of the check.  What an arrogant...well, you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TN Hillbilly said:

PLEASE send him a picture of the check.  What an arrogant...well, you know.

Oh I will, I’m fine if ppl want to offer low, or not, but say no thanks if the price is too high or leave a standing offer and walk away. Hey, at least I saved him a trip. And there were at least 18 pictures of that. Nothing to hide. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is getting so common now SUCKS!     My favorite thing is you message with a person and there a ton of questions or info and say call me to make it easier and conversation is over no reply’s no nothing, can’t people talk anymore? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Wi Ih said:

This is getting so common now SUCKS!     My favorite thing is you message with a person and there a ton of questions or info and say call me to make it easier and conversation is over no reply’s no nothing, can’t people talk anymore? 

I prefer email or text message honestly..............everything is on record.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

I prefer email or text message honestly..............everything is on record.  

I do also but when your texting lots of info  on a phone it can be easier to talk but people don’t know how to use a phone anymore 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vtfireman85 said:

I had a Craigslist jerk just the other day. I haven’t sent him a picture of the check yet, but I am going to, I had 2 ppl fighting over it and a check for the full asking price with an extremely happy new owner the next day. ...and there were no scratches on the bumper, that car was clean from license plate to license plate. 

2CB81287-376B-4ABF-A512-311516A1F6BF.jpeg

B461632A-370A-42B8-B7B9-B24E794E285E.jpeg

757DA7FE-FF58-41F0-B6D0-083AD994667A.jpeg

FE2D8108-AC08-4285-B044-E4EC756A004D.jpeg

75985FE4-9A5B-4C28-B5ED-1D0152E5E7FA.jpeg

I would tell him you sold it for 6500 just not to him cuz he was an a$$hole 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 806 man said:

Found a Kenworth transfer set with extra 4 axle pup trailer on C/L .  I was interested in it so this week Wednesday-Thursday- Friday I emailed the guy several times with questions , received 3-4 worded answers back which was frustrating. Last question I asked on Friday was,  I would like to send my guy to check it out on Saturday (today) I told him it's a 2.5 hour drive to get there . Yes was the response so I asked for his number which he sent. My guy called him last Friday afternoon and said he would be there between 8.00-8.30Am will that work, yes he said . He arrives at 8.20 am the guy says Another guy was already there looked at the truck and has gone to the bank to get the money. So my guy calls me tells me what's up I said stay there and check over the truck anyway it might be a BS story . Hour later the guy shows up with the check. Now I'm pissed because the guy didn't mention any one else coming or should have IMO told the other guy about us coming to look at it and he would be 2nd in line. What ever happened to common courtesy? It's not as if I expected the guy to hold the truck for 1-2 days. If he had told me a guy was in line ahead of me I wouldn't sent my guy there an a potential dry run.

Heres the deal... I like to ask direct questions like will you hold it? Will you let me know if someone comes to look before me? Is this first come first serve? I've never been burned by someone that will answer these questions. Anyone else your rolling the dice. You rolled and lost. People like that suck. I've talked to guys like that and had much better luck on the opposite end. If you call me about a piece of my equipment I'll talk to you until you are blue in the face. Sometimes I tell too much information, and that hurts me. Most guys appreciate all the info I give them. What pi$$es me off is marketplace. It's so easy to send a message guys do so with very little interest just to waste your time. I have a corn planter on there, a guy messaged me the other day saying please give me more info very interested. My add says it all and then some. So I reply with anything else I could think of and notta word. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About 5 years ago I found 5 or 6 nice bred hiefers on Craigslist for a reasonable price.  They were about an hour away so I called the guy and he said come on over in the morning.  So my dad, brother and I showed up at his place and we no more got out of the truck and another guy pulls in with a trailer. We assumed it was the owner but it was another guy to look at them. The owner came out of his house and takes us all out to look at the heifers in his pen. Next thing I know the other guy says “I’ll take them”.  I said look guy I was here first. The owner said that I was right and I thought the other guy was punch us both, man he was mad. He left cussing and I asked the owner why he had us both come and he said that if he held stuff from phone calls on Craigslist he’d never sell anything.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Common sense, common courtesy, there ain't nothing common anymore, it's dead.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Wi Ih said:

I do also but when your texting lots of info  on a phone it can be easier to talk but people don’t know how to use a phone anymore 

Too many people looking for a steal, note I said steal and not deal. 
If they’re serious they will talk to you

On a more positive note, I had sent a message about a dozer. The guy answered immediately and told me what was up. I told him I had a friend that knew those dozers inside and out and would like to talk to him first before I went to look. He was fine with that and He told me he had another guy looking and would get back to me. 
Unfortunately he sold it to the other guy, but was really pleasant to talk with even if I lost out on a purchase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One word.GREED.

I held many things on a  someones word,turned down others becuase of their shady excuses.Bought alot site unseen ok 99% of the time.But for sure if I said I would buy it,I bought it.

Only way was if you blatantly lied,like it was a cow instead of a pig.My dad always said stay true to your word,if a man's word is no good he has nothing.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jacka said:

One word.GREED.

I held many things on a  someones word,turned down others becuase of their shady excuses.Bought alot site unseen ok 99% of the time.But for sure if I said I would buy it,I bought it.

Only way was if you blatantly lied,like it was a cow instead of a pig.My dad always said stay true to your word,if a man's word is no good he has nothing.

 

X2!  Been screwed several times but if I said I would purchase the item, I did.  I might have dropped the item in the trash after the purchase, but I honored the agreement.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One time my wife and I went and looked at a camper.  We agreed on a price, I wrote a check for $500 as a down payment and told the guy the day I would be back with the purchase price balance in cash.  I called the seller before we came to pick it up to make sure everything was on before we drove the two hour trip and I was informed he already sold it.  I was fuming and the guy also refused to send my check back, so I lost $35 cancelling the check.  

One other time, my father, son and I went to look at a disc.  It was nice and we paid cash and as we were getting ready to leave, the seller told me "oh by the way, I had another guy coming to look at it tonight from a long ways away.  He just called to get directions and is only a couple of miles away, so you might want to hurry up and get out of here."  Talk about a corny feeling, I elected to go home in the opposite direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was selling a nice car and put about 12 photos on to show all angles and to avoid questions.

I get a request for more photos?

I asked back, what would you like photos of?

I never got a response.

The next days I got full asking price for the car, in cash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jsmith8940 said:

...he said that if he held stuff from phone calls on Craigslist he’d never sell anything.  

This is 150% absolute truth. For all of you guys that are a man of your word there are 8-10 people out there that can't keep all their lies and half truths straight. Don't know how many times as a seller I've agreed to show someone something at a certain time and date only to have them completely no show. Usually the lower the price of the item the worse this is.

Best example I have is this: we bought a new couch and chair for our living room. The old couch went to the burn pile but the old recliner was still in good condition and fully functional so we put up a "free" ad just to give the recliner to a new home. Got a reply and agreed to meet in the church parking lot at a certain time/date. I showed up at the time and waited a half hour. Got a text that said "running late. Be there in 15". Another 45 minutes pass and still nothing so I went back home. The next day I get a text that says "sorry I didn't make it last night. I was just so tired after work. Can we meet tomorrow?". I thought about ranting at this person about wasting my time but I found it more enjoyable to reply with "No. After you didn't show up last night I took the chair and threw it in the dumpster". In reality though the wife took it to Goodwill so someone can at least use it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are seeing a lot of FCFS tagged on the end of sales posts now, and some saying no holds.

 

first come first serve. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Missouri Mule said:

I would tell him you sold it for 6500 just not to him cuz he was an a$$hole 

I liked the idea of sending him a pic of the check, but I think I like this even more!!

Better yet, do both. Text him back asking if the offer still stands, when he accepts tell him to (go spend quality time reflecting with) himself and then send him the check pic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can 100% agree with the first come first serve. BUT dont send 2 guys an hour apart especially long distance. I tell buyers the real story. Theres a guy coming tomorrow morning, If I dont hear from him by 10am I'll call you and your next in line. This way everybody Is on the up and up. Nobody ever left my driveway mad yet. I dont agree at all with the circle jerk bs. Tell em straight and at least you did your part. Thats like raising your price. Messaged a guy about a fuel tank once. He didnt respond until a day later and the new price was 200 higher. I said i was interested but at the old price. He said he had a bunch of calls and I said so what goodbye. I sold my bobcat this year. Priced it to what I thought was decent with 2 buckets and steel tracks. I had 27 calls in 1 night. Sold it for my asking price by 10am the next day. I was perplexed but I stuck to my guns and sold it for my price but not a penny less. I showed the buyer my messages so he would believe me and he ripped a check. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2020 at 7:49 PM, Missouri Mule said:

Heres the deal... I like to ask direct questions like will you hold it? Will you let me know if someone comes to look before me? Is this first come first serve? I've never been burned by someone that will answer these questions. Anyone else your rolling the dice. You rolled and lost. People like that suck. I've talked to guys like that and had much better luck on the opposite end. If you call me about a piece of my equipment I'll talk to you until you are blue in the face. Sometimes I tell too much information, and that hurts me. Most guys appreciate all the info I give them. What pi$$es me off is marketplace. It's so easy to send a message guys do so with very little interest just to waste your time. I have a corn planter on there, a guy messaged me the other day saying please give me more info very interested. My add says it all and then some. So I reply with anything else I could think of and notta word. 

Today I talked to my guy that went to look at the truck. He said the truck owner told him the #2 guy called late Friday after our meet time was arraigned ,  the truck owner told the #2 guy what time he was expecting us to show up on Saturday morning so the guy showed up 1.5 hours before our agreed meet time,  looked at truck and was headed to the bank before we arrived. Not a jerk anymore. Now a POS A55 wipe

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 806 man said:

Today I talked to my guy that went to look at the truck. He said the truck owner told him the #2 guy called late Friday after our meet time was arraigned ,  the truck owner told the #2 guy what time he was expecting us to show up on Saturday morning so the guy showed up 1.5 hours before our agreed meet time,  looked at truck and was headed to the bank before we arrived. Not a jerk anymore. Now a POS A55 wipe

Ppl suck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...