Jump to content

Defund the police....??


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WOW. Look at some of the responses? 1: If you hate the cops cause you got a ticket or a DUI I have absolutely no sympathy for you. You knew the rules. You violated them. You got caught. Now pull

You gotta remember. They were eating tide pods.   

We people need to realize there are radical groups **** bent on destroying our country. IF WE LET THEM? Get behind the United States of America and take a stand!  

Posted Images

The perception of ANY group of people can be spoiled by 1 or 2 bad actors.    I have seen it in antique tractor clubs, schools, churches and sporting events.   Obviously there are a few bad actors in some police squads also.  Those that have little or no self control or empathy should consider a different line of work.              

Link to post
Share on other sites

If things are so bad here, pack your bags and go to some place better.

The silent majority is tired of all your whining and stupidity.

What do you want? Civil war?

That will not be pretty.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2020 at 7:26 PM, Ian Beale said:

Another one

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2020/06/04/going-all-in-minneapolis-city-council-considers-disbanding-entire-police-force/

Seems o me that such types assume that they're going to be the side which gets the upper hand - without thinking of the other possibility

 

Getting rid of LEO's. Stupid idea. Going to be the wild wild west all over again. During the middle of the night people will be getting shot or hung from trees will be next.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Diesel Doctor said:

If things are so bad here, pack your bags and go to some place better.

The silent majority is tired of all your whining and stupidity.

What do you want? Civil war?

That will not be pretty.

 

 

For the most part it WAS a "better place" until the passage of the Patriot Act, and the militarization of law enforcement.  (Ruby Ridge and Mt. Carmel both occurred before the Patriot Act became "the law of the land", although I imagine that law enforcement had long dreamed of something like that, and saw the potential that it would give them, especially seeing what the FBI was able to get away with at the above mentioned slaughters of the innocent).

Link to post
Share on other sites

I say we start by getting rid of the armed protection for any politician in favor of this. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oldtanker said:

Image may contain: 1 person, meme, text that says 'WHEN THE POLICE DEPTS ARE DEFUNDED made with mematic CALLER- MY HOUSE IS BEING BROKEN INTO! 911- STAY CALM WE ARE SENDING OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS!'

 

Rick

Your call is important to us........Please stay on the line..........All calls are answered in the order received...........Your wait time is approximately 84 minutes..............

Mike

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

May 31, 2020

Chicago recorded 18 murders in 24 hrs.  (from Fox News.com-----today)

And-------that is with law enforcement.

*******

A point we may all be overlooking-----in effect, law enforcement makes very little difference when the courts are releasing the criminals so soon.

Police arrest a guy today and see him back on the streets tomorrow.

Looks to me the courts are where the real problem lies.

 

DD

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Delta88 said:

If a community defunds the police then the taxpayers are owed a major refund of those taxes. 

Do you really think government works that way?  They'll just spend it elsewhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Howard_P said:

Do you really think government works that way?  They'll just spend it elsewhere.

Oh i know. I live in memphis. Where we "renew" socialism every day. A few weeks ago our county commission was dealing with a $14 mil shortfall. Not on commissioner could find savings. 'Because everything is now a sacred cow or essentail service. Ad valorem taxes being used for things our parents generation never imagined.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For a brief period of time this may very well be a great idea and tremendous opportunity to cull the herd.  In stand your grand states, wrong individual enters the wrong window or door, appropriate remedies are in order.  Imagine, no police report, District Attorney has very little investigative information to formulate basis for a charge, no charge therefor no trial, taxpayer savings for trial and jail expense, WIN, WIN!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Except that mn is not a stand your ground state, aka, castle law. In MN it's almost you hope to get shot, more rights for you if you live. If you even get in a fight, it can end badly for you. Criminal complains, law abiding citizen gets the ax. I've seen it, a local bar owner was getting robbed gun point after work. He ended up shooting one guy and killing him, the other pressed charges. It ended up costing the bar owner around $50k by the time court hearings, and damages got paid. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MinnesotaFarmall said:

Except that mn is not a stand your ground state, aka, castle law. In MN it's almost you hope to get shot, more rights for you if you live. If you even get in a fight, it can end badly for you. Criminal complains, law abiding citizen gets the ax. I've seen it, a local bar owner was getting robbed gun point after work. He ended up shooting one guy and killing him, the other pressed charges. It ended up costing the bar owner around $50k by the time court hearings, and damages got paid. 

This is what I will never understand, in britain it is basically against the law to defend yourself, here it is almost that bad, anything you use is deemed a weapon, and then you get into what IS classified as a weapon and is prohibited,  the rule of law is strictly with criminals, the courts are sympathetic appointments that make me sick.

Case in point camping in the bush with your family, drunk s***rats appear and start harrassing the family, dad waves a .22 scares them away, punks call the cops and the dad is arrested for threatening, use of a firearm, and unsafe storage, bloody joke.

Road rage is another prominent point for defending yourself, two guys say you cut them off and jump out to attack, do you think calling 911 is going to help, but a louisville slugger will, and damn the charges.

None of the above is me, but just things I've read over the years about how futile life can be up here,  also I know a .22 ain't worth a darn, now a 12 gauge side by side with slugs....................................?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

This is what I will never understand, in britain it is basically against the law to defend yourself, here it is almost that bad, anything you use is deemed a weapon, and then you get into what IS classified as a weapon and is prohibited,  the rule of law is strictly with criminals, the courts are sympathetic appointments that make me sick.

Case in point camping in the bush with your family, drunk s***rats appear and start harrassing the family, dad waves a .22 scares them away, punks call the cops and the dad is arrested for threatening, use of a firearm, and unsafe storage, bloody joke.

Road rage is another prominent point for defending yourself, two guys say you cut them off and jump out to attack, do you think calling 911 is going to help, but a louisville slugger will, and damn the charges.

None of the above is me, but just things I've read over the years about how futile life can be up here,  also I know a .22 ain't worth a darn, now a 12 gauge side by side with slugs....................................?

Gotta use a knife. According to Biden that's not a weapon. Then if the cops show up they could be trained to shoot you in the leg since you're unarmed. I know you're up north. But for the guys on here that hate the current president so much. Joe is the best you got?  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 1466fan said:

But for the guys on here that hate the current president so much. Joe is the best you got?  

Exactly.  Not a huge Trump fan here, but compared to the demos' ongoing sh.tshow of candidates he looks great.  And I admit, he takes a beating like no one I ever saw before.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, 1466fan said:

Then if the cops show up they could be trained to shoot you in the leg since you're unarmed. 

Its so funny what people think, my wife is far from anti gun or anti cop or pro criminal, but a few years ago she asked why the police can't shoot the perp in the arm or the leg to  wound them, I told her the training is to alleviate the threat and shooting center mass is the best chance of that even if they have a vest on the impact is like being hit with baseball bat.

So i suggested the next IPSC shoot we go to watch me when the timer goes off and I draw shoot , choose another target shoot again, in that first timeline imagine a perp is coming at you 21 feet per second with a knife or drawing a handgun or any other threat and see if I would have time to draw aim and hit an arm or a leg or center mass,she understood from the demonstration, and I am not the greatest shot but not bad. And with the job I had I wanted to go home after work, and all the cops I knew had the same wish.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I'm failing to understand something here...

For 30-40 years, numerous crime bills have passed both houses of Congress....most of them with bipartisan approval and votes....when either party had control of Congress and/or the Presidency. Most of these bills had one major theme in mind...hire more cops to better protect the public....especially in areas of high crime.

Now, all of a sudden in the last two weeks...the answer to lower crime is to remove all the cops in bigger cities?

One of the biggest crime bills in recent history(1994) was partially written by non-other than Mr. Joe Biden himself. As a result of his bill, a disproportionately number of African-Americans were locked up in prison. Is this his way to make amends to the African-American population? Interesting... For the party that bills itself as the "party of inclusion", it sure seems odd that their best candidate is an "old, white guy" that basically needed CPR just to get/stay in the race.

Biden's veep candidate choice will be extremely crucial. I don't think I've ever seen a presidential candidate that most people admit will probably not even be able to serve his first full term in office. He'll either 1)die in office due to old age, or 2)have to retire early due to his dementia, or 3)say something offensive that will upset his base to the point that he has to retire. I would say the odds of any of the three happening are pretty even. For a party that has had nearly 4 years to regroup after Hillary got beat in an upset...this has to be rather disappointing. Not a great fan of Trump, either, but Biden sure will never impress me.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, SDman said:

I guess I'm failing to understand something here...

For 30-40 years, numerous crime bills have passed both houses of Congress....most of them with bipartisan approval and votes....when either party had control of Congress and/or the Presidency. Most of these bills had one major theme in mind...hire more cops to better protect the public....especially in areas of high crime.

Now, all of a sudden in the last two weeks...the answer to lower crime is to remove all the cops in bigger cities?

They don’t like the results.  Enact a bill that hires cops to patrol high crime areas ends up with cops arresting people.  Go figure. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

And some of them proved with the rioting and looting why they get arrested. Supposedly disproportionately. They're getting arrested and jailed cause they're committing crimes. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SDman said:

Biden's veep candidate choice will be extremely crucial. I don't think I've ever seen a presidential candidate that most people admit will probably not even be able to serve his first full term in office. He'll either 1)die in office due to old age, or 2)have to retire early due to his dementia, or 3)say something offensive that will upset his base to the point that he has to retire.

Or commit suicide.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jingles1928 said:

Or commit suicide.

Does he got something on Hillary. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...