When I pulled the #4 injector out of my -14 the pre-combustion chamber gasket stayed in the hole.  When I reinstalled the injector it wouldn't go into the gasket so it sits high.  I tried picking it out but there's no lip to grasp.  Has anyone had that problem & if so what did you do about it?  I'm working with that hole because it won't fire.  I swapped injectors once to no avail.  The injector will not fire outside the hole.  I blew out the control sleeve & line to the injector, however fuel does come out the bleed valve.  I removed the injector pump inspection plate & took a video of the plungers working as my wife turned the motor over.  They appear to be functioning normally, at least mechanically.  I'll clean out the water trap & replace the fuel filter in case it gets me a bit more pressure as #4 is the farthest from the pump.  I believe the next step is to remove the pump & send off for repair unless I get a tip to try something else.

Vic

could spray some brake clean in there or carb cleaner. I use a 90 degree pick and get them out. had some tough ones too.

Thanks---I'll try it!  I've had a 90 deg. pick in the hole but couldn't feel any kind of lip to bite.  I'll try again.

Vic

You are going to have to get a good line of sight so you know what you are doing. Take a right angle  pick and try to flatten it a bit with a hammer so you got a better chance of seperating the ring. Good Luck

Maybe I don't know what a right angle pick is but the right angle "thing" I'm using has a point as sharp as a needle & I can't feel a separation between it and the part it's resting on.

Vic

1 hour ago, waterloo said:

Are you sure it ever has a ring?

Yes, I am!  That's why the injector lacks the thickness of a washer of going all the way into the hole.  I can't get it to go into the washer.

Vic

Got it!  I merely pulled the nozzle body retainer & punched the washer out from the bottom.  It also allowed me to remove the two spare washers that were in the hole.

Vic

Actually, removing the extra washers didn't fix anything. The cylinder still won't fire.  Originally, the injector was bad.  After a new nozzle from Switzerland ($266) it worked but (I guess) the pump went bad.  I'm going to change the fuel filter.  Also, the parts book calls for a water trap but the tractor has what appears to be a canister with the number 533698 on it.  The tractor serial number is TDF5111 T4.  The pump is a Bosch.  After a little research,  533698 is the old WIX number for a "Spin-On Fuel/Water Separator Filter".

Vic

Edited by thebunns
Additional Info