When is it my turn...??

dads706

I'm a 70 year old bald white guy.  I pay my taxes, I salute the flag, I stand for the anthem, I honor the constitution, I think I am fairly well educated, I don't beat my wife (even though she is a staunch democrat), I'm usually first in line to help my neighbors, I pay my bills, I've never been arrested nor accepted welfare, people sometimes ask my advice, my grandkids think I'm cool, I own guns and know how to use them (i do know the correct way to hold a pistol),  I know people who are black, latino, and asian who are welcome in my house before many white people I know,  so........when is it my turn to be discriminated against? 

If I go to north Omaha and someone calls me a name, can I scream "racism"?

Oh, I almost forgot.........., I know how to pronounce the word "ask" ..!

4 hours ago, dads706 said:

I'm a 70 year old bald white guy.  I pay my taxes, I salute the flag, I stand for the anthem, I honor the constitution, I think I am fairly well educated, I don't beat my wife (even though she is a staunch democrat), I'm usually first in line to help my neighbors, I pay my bills, I've never been arrested nor accepted welfare, people sometimes ask my advice, my grandkids think I'm cool, I own guns and know how to use them (i do know the correct way to hold a pistol),  I know people who are black, latino, and asian who are welcome in my house before many white people I know,  so........when is it my turn to be discriminated against? 

You sir are my senior by a few years however I too fall into all the same categories.  I am told I should be ashamed by my white privilege to which I kindly reply without my white privilege your sorry ass would not have a job.  Generally, my employees laugh but all know I am very serious.  Without white privilege, where would our country be today.  Would we still be tribal and living like the Native Americans  If there is an oppressed "race" in this country, it surely is the Native American, however, as they say, to the victor goes the spoils.  The plight of the Black American, the question begs how would these individuals fare if their ancestors, many of whom were indentured servants to a rival tribe who had conquered and captured them in Africa, had not sold them as slaves and remained in their homeland?

Many of these supposed oppressed youth do not know their own history!

Simple these days......anyone calls you a name, bust out their windows, light up their dumpster, and finally flip over their car.     While doing all that make sure you haul acouple five finger discounted tv's out of target.........

It will be OUR turn when WE demand it.

It is about time we start telling our elected officials what we want.

Many are now running for re-election.

Ask them the tough questions. Questions which are being asked on this forum.

Confront them in a civil manner and ask these tough questions

The squeeky wheel gets the grease and we have yet to squeek.

Until confronted, we don't exist unless an election is forthcoming.

We need not be the sheep any more?

It's hard for me to understand those who protest, riot and whine to the news camera's.

I am too busy working to make a better life for me and my family.

I do however have time to vote.

And I make the time to research who I vote for. 

I think there are a lot of good folks in this great country who are getting pretty fed up with the BS we are seeing. 

2 hours ago, dads706 said:

Huh.....over seventy   eh..... .no doubt a typical  white trouble making    stereotype....  dads706...….:rolleyes::)

..in many ways, our little country is a ' microcosm'' of US  of A.....with a so called, but erroneous  ''indigenous' population, making up about 10%of our total population......these people have the ''highest'  rate, per capita,   of most things....more in jails, more   sickness, more on benefits etc....and way more money given to them as relief packages...they have their own reps in parliament ……..so covert   electioneering  is in full swing during this ''pandemic'...….so  as so often happens....when America   sneezes, we catch the cold, down under....so there are ''demonstrations '  of solidarity with    the demonstrations going on in the US...…...yet government here bends over backwards to help these folk...and now we also have a huge Pasifica  population, so they also feel very aggrieved and down trodden...….

To quote my friend in Utah..."It sure makes you wonder, don't it "

and to "dads706'...I am also over 70.....still battling on...I prefer this to   ''withering  slowly on the vine ''....,,,we all have had choice's ...when younger.....if one chose a path through life ,paralleling  "dads706'...  you have something....created by diligence and hard honest    work......As "" Wayne from WI " said  in another thread ...that is part of this  problem....envy.......envy from the masses that have sat on their lazy butts ...for to long ..and have nothing

just my 10 cents worth

Mike

1 hour ago, TP from Central PA said:

Simple these days......anyone calls you a name, bust out their windows, light up their dumpster, and finally flip over their car.     While doing all that make sure you haul acouple five finger discounted tv's out of target.........

But, and this is the most important part, put your mask on and maintain social distancing! 

FYI for those not from around here....... North Omaha... there are good parts and very bad parts, very good people, and many not so good...... let's just say that if I was standing in a crowd in North Omaha, it would be easy to know which face was mine.

Oh my god was that a racist statement? Maybe you should "ax' me (he said sarcastically).

44 minutes ago, mike newman said:

just my 10 cents worth

Mike

Ya see there ya go, of course there’s envy, I make a comment at 2 cents up here as an old age pensioner trying very hard to make ends meet, and there you are showing me up with a 10 cent comment, so that’s how it starts slowly, and then I’m in the streets with masks, signboards and bricks exasperated by how downtrodden I am, or think I am!!!!!!?

5 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

Ya see there ya go, of course there’s envy, I make a comment at 2 cents up here as an old age pensioner trying very hard to make ends meet, and there you are showing me up with a 10 cent comment, so that’s how it starts slowly, and then I’m in the streets with masks, signboards and bricks exasperated by how downtrodden I am, or think I am!!!!!!?

it is a worry Jake..it is a worry  !!'

...just figured it was longer  post than 2 cents worth...….sincere condolences for hurting your feelings :D

Mike

….It is pouring down here...but I will get out and feed the cattle...before incurring  further displeasure....sigh

2 hours ago, dads706 said:

FYI for those not from around here....... North Omaha... there are good parts and very bad parts, very good people, and many not so good...... let's just say that if I was standing in a crowd in North Omaha, it would be easy to know which face was mine.

Oh my god was that a racist statement? Maybe you should "ax' me (he said sarcastically).

In the little town of my address, is a pork processing plant. The workers there are predominantly Mexican origin. A bunch of them. They stay quiet mostly, but our newspaper has a weekly police report listed.  80 plus % of the listed charges each week are Hispanic last names. Somehow everyone around here accepts it as kids will be kids. Where they grew up, what they saw growing up makes them what they are today.  I know a few of the responsible ones.. They got their sh-t together years ago and know what it takes to get ahead. They are as disgusted as all of us about the troublemakers in their  neighborhood.  They and I talk openly about the mess others have created.

3 hours ago, dads706 said:

RE: North Omaha

A little short of two years ago I was coming through North Omaha just before dark with a load of cattle (gotta take Hwy 75 because Iowa won’t let us run down I-29 weighing over 80K) and got stopped by five or six squad cars blocking my way. Seems there had been a drive-by shooting just minutes earlier. Another driver and I waited an hour and a half for the scene to be cleared before we could roll on. With the protests this week, I’ve just been going down the big road, figuring my chances are probably better with the IA DOT than with a bunch of protesters (even though I have a train horn, deer bumper, and a .44 Mag, that would just get messy)

I think I wanna start a protest cause after 50 years my white privilege hasn't kicked in yet. Had to work my butt off my whole life to get where I'm at. 

9 minutes ago, 1466fan said:

I think I wanna start a protest cause after 50 years my white privilege hasn't kicked in yet. Had to work my butt off my whole life to get where I'm at. 

Yeah, but your a king.............you have higher goals than trying to keep your pants from falling down and buying drugs with government money.  

Archived