Sign in to follow this  
acem

HELP! 500 cyclo planter chart

I'm having to use my 500 cyclo planter to plant my corn and I can't find my manual. I need information from the 24 hole drum chart or preferably an image of the chart.

I want a 6 inch spacing. What sprockets do I use?

I Found a manual for a 400 planter, is it the same? It list 18 drive and 15 driven for 5.97" spacing.

Thx-Ace

7 minutes ago, acem said:

I'm having to use my 500 cyclo planter to plant my corn and I can't find my manual. I need information from the 24 hole drum chart or preferably an image of the chart.

I want a 6 inch spacing. What sprockets do I use?

I Found a manual for a 400 planter, is it the same? It list 18 drive and 15 driven for 5.97" spacing.

Thx-Ace

They are the same as long as the tire size is the same.

Had a 500  until the hydraulic pump quit. I picked up a 400 last summer at an auction sale for $400. It was a so called sunflower planter. There main drive pulley was smaller only difference. and it came with a bigger drive pulley. Didn't get a book with it but found the chart under the hitch cover. I used the same sprockets from the 500. Planted silage corn at a little over 28,000.

Thanks! If the charts are the same I'm good to go! Thx-Ace

Heres my chart for 800/900 24 hole ace. Guess if it's the same as the one you have you know your good 🤷‍♂️

20200603_071520.jpg

So what what combo did you use  14-16  15-17  or 16-18?   34,000  + or -  some .

Think I had 14-10 or 10-14 (have to go look) for 28,300.

Timothy56, does your 400 have the "Sunflower Special" decals on it?  I remember my dad put one those decals on the door of his Chevy Impala when he worked at the IH dealership and I haven't seen another one since.  I assume most of those were sold here in ND.  I'd love to see a picture if you have one!

Was going to get a picture but for got.   Yes , front of the hopper big sticker Sunflower Special.  It had a smaller drive pulley. I guess for less air pressure for the light sunflowers.

Which dealership?

I used 10/11 sprockets (driver/driven).  Thanks for the chart Mule but the 500 is different than the 800.

The corn is finally planted.  Its awful late, ill probably have to water it alot to make any corn...

Thx-Ace

11 hours ago, acem said:

I used 10/11 sprockets (driver/driven).  Thanks for the chart Mule but the 500 is different than the 800.

The corn is finally planted.  Its awful late, ill probably have to water it alot to make any corn...

Thx-Ace

Oh... never been around a 400 or 500. I was planting yesterday and had my book out so I thought it was worth a shot. 

Planter came from an auction sale north of Plaza N.D.

IMG_7816.JPG

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the picture.  That sure brings back memories!  I spent a few hours in a 1066 with a 500 seeding flowers back in the day...

• Like 1

Nice pic. I've only seen one 400 planter in person. 3pt planters are the norm here but there are some pull types now. Thx-Ace

• Like 1