Well now they have started in Louisville ☹

They are protesting in Louisville now.  It started calm but as night fell it got rowdy.  So they tried again today, was calm till dark.    So they are going to try again  in the morning.    What do they think they are accomplishing.  

• Confused 2
32 minutes ago, acem said:

I'm out of the loop. What are they protesting? Thx-Ace

Geez Ace!

The black man died in Minneapolis at the hand of the white cop

Posted (edited)

In Louisville there was a Black girl killed by some cops a while back.  And I think the cops are on leave but not in jail. I don't keep up with it.    My wife kinda does.   Just hate its this close to home.   There busting windows, monuments. There is two different groups  the ones calmly protesting for the cops to be locked up.    Then the second bunch arive later.     And they clame to be for the protest but they really just want to run wild. Imo. 

Edited by dannyredfan
Add
  • Like 4

It started as a protest for the man that the cops killed, now it’s just growing out of control.

Some say organized out of control. Some say the protest is an anti Trump thing, others..., sad how people are used as pawns, knowingly or not.

If it is organized then the organizers need jail time, if people were killed by these protests, the organizers should be held responsible for those deaths. Sadly none of that will happen.

• Like 3

And these people wonder why they get 0 respect?! Protest, fine, it’s your right, but to burn buildings, destroy property, and harm others in the process, sorry, click, click, boom!!!!

• Like 5
2 hours ago, dannyredfan said:

In Louisville there was a Black girl killed by some cops a while back.  And I think the cops are on leave but not in jail. I don't keep up with it.    My wife kinda does.   Just hate its this close to home.   There busting windows, monuments. There is two different groups  the ones calmly protesting for the cops to be locked up.    Then the second bunch arive later.     And they clame to be for the protest but they really just want to run wild. Imo. 

They went to arrest a man in the middle of the night and they thought he was staying with the young lady and her boyfriend they kicked the door boyfriend jumps up grabs gun shoots and injured a law enforcement officer officers shoot back hitting the young woman eight times. Boyfriend called 911 the tape is out saying someone kicked in his door and shot his girlfriend. Sad thing was the guy they were after not only wasn't there but was already in jail.

• Sad 2

I knew about the Minneapolis situation but not the other.

If protesters started started burning, etc my stuff they would quickly disperse after I started shooting them.

Then I would be arrested and tried for murder. That's one of the reasons I live in the sticks.

Thx-Ace

• Like 8
7 minutes ago, acem said:

I knew about the Minneapolis situation but not the other.

If protesters started started burning, etc my stuff they would quickly disperse after I started shooting them.

Then I would be arrested and tried for murder. That's one of the reasons I live in the sticks.

Thx-Ace

Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

• Like 6

They rioted in Eugene Oregon last night. Burning stuff in the streets, broke glass out of businesses and attacked a uber driver. Her customers escaped but I think she was beat. I think most of the protesters were peaceful but I think their also may have been an organized group that started the violence and rioting.  Ridiculous!

• Sad 2

If I were to go out and start destroying property and in some reports firing shots at the officers what would happen to me. These people deserve the same treatment I would receive. We need some leaders in this country. Whether elected or the self appointed ones who like to get on tv and talk. Sadly this I think started in my state when they let them destroy Ferguson. Pretty sure when they start tearing stuff up if you take a couple in the front out the rest will go home. When you walk off and let them have it things are only gonna get worse. Come to my home acting that way your going to get met with a lot of lead. Only heard one person with an idea that will put an end to it. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Farmall1066 said:

And these people wonder why they get 0 respect?! Protest, fine, it’s your right, but to burn buildings, destroy property, and harm others in the process, sorry, click, click, boom!!!!

I agree with you there 

When a person graduates from high school they should sign a document that states they understand what is expected of them by society and they understand the rule of law.

Then when they are arrested and convicted for their first crime they should be confronted by this document and told you only have one more chance to straighten out or you are doing hard time.  Violent offenders should only one get one chance to straighten out then its extermination.

Murders  if convicted should be exterminated.    

• Like 4
42 minutes ago, jeeper61 said:

I agree with you there 

When a person graduates from high school they should sign a document that states they understand what is expected of them by society and they understand the rule of law.

Then when they are arrested and convicted for their first crime they should be confronted by this document and told you only have one more chance to straighten out or you are doing hard time.  Violent offenders should only one get one chance to straighten out then its extermination.

Murders  if convicted should be exterminated.    

You are assuming they are graduating from high school, might need to do it from middle school. Which is sad in itself.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Raildudes dad said:

You are assuming they are graduating from high school, might need to do it from middle school. Which is sad in itself.

Agreed. The day they turn 13,14 or 15. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Raildudes dad said:

Good point 

Since they are minors at that point and if the parents can't get them to complete school then they should become wards of the state and sent to training school until  they turn 18.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, jeeper61 said:

Good point 

Since they are minors at that point and if the parents can't get them to complete school then they should become wards of the state and sent to training school until  they turn 18.

My wife is a mentor in one of our local public schools. The school is probably 80% minority students. Almost all the students qualify for breakfast and lunch - low income households.  The sad thing is most are being raised by mom. If there is a male in the house it's a boyfriend or a stepdad. It is amazing what an hour a week with these kids can do to encourage them, help with reading, writing and math. Unfortunately they are not getting much help at home. I have to say the stereotype of mom sitting home collecting welfare isn't the case for the most part. Most have a job, some are working 2 jobs to support their children. As for the teachers being overpaid, that's not the case either. My wife sees teachers with 30+ kids in a room , almost all needing extra attention to be successful.

There is no excuse for the looting and burning etc. I do not know the solution for the socio-economic issues in our county. I do know following either the far left or right ideology is the solution. We need to come together to solve some of these problems. Unfortunately I don't see that happening.

• Like 4

Happening in Rochester NY. They blaming it on outsiders starting it. That doesn’t wash for all of the looting 

• Thanks 1