Straw price

New Englander

I found that I suddenly have enough time to plant a garden; which I haven't done for some years. I plowed and roto-tilled about a 40X80 part of what was a much bigger plot. Anyway, I had always use IR plastic and drip tape in the past but it's a pain by hand, so I decided to irrigate with individual emitters and mulch with straw.

The point: What do you guys who bale straw get wholesale? Local Agway hit me for $12.50/bale!

3 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

same here

Same here too.  $4 kind of low for just one or two bales though.

$4 a bale is about right here

Hook up a trailer head to NY and load up with $4 bales and sell them for $10. Sounds like good income opportunity to me.

9 hours ago, New Englander said:

I found that I suddenly have enough time to plant a garden; which I haven't done for some years. I plowed and roto-tilled about a 40X80 part of what was a much bigger plot. Anyway, I had always use IR plastic and drip tape in the past but it's a pain by hand, so I decided to irrigate with individual emitters and mulch with straw.

The point: What do you guys who bale straw get wholesale? Local Agway hit me for $12.50/bale!

How far are you from Derry? J&F( or is it J&M?) have straw. Idk how much

Last trailer load we got was $85 a bale and it was 34 bales , feed grade wheat straw ..............

These were 3'x4' bales though ;)

Grembowicz have it here in vt, your 3 hrs away. 85/ round bale, I think he has square too but I don’t know how much 

Archived