584 adding 2250 loader hydraulics

Guy I am installing 2250 loader on IH 584

Have 2 spool valve body with hose's for return and supply from tractor it cam off.

The line have 7/8" female hyd fittings, I have power beyond block on tractor never been hooked up before.

The cap on the block is on top now, my son's 584 has the cap facing forward So I guess I need to rotate it a 1/4 turn?

Going to supply from power beyond block and return to drain plug under axle.

My question is can so one tell me tread size of power beyond block and drain plug?

I was hoping to buy fittings before I take it apart. Thanks

1 hour ago, oldiron29 said:

My question is can so one tell me tread size of power beyond block and drain plug?

I guess I'm lost.  You have the tractor.  Can't you just go look and see what size the fittings are? Or even go online to the CaseIH part store and look up the fittings? 

Well the IH part store schematic shows drain plug at 1 15/16" and the power beyond plug at 1 13/16" that looks way to big for me.

I was going out to get some hyd. hose's made and would pick up adapters at the same time if I knew what size to get.

So Now I will have to drain fluid and take the plugs out and with me next time I go.

Though someone that has done this before may no what size was needed.

for one thing you don't have a power beyond block if your fitting doesn't come out the front it doesn't work to rotate it when you get a power beyond you will find the thread is 7/8- 14 orb and the rear return is 1 5/16 -12 orb  like the book says,  1 3/16 is correct for a 3 bolt powerbeyond on a 454-674 tractor

R-190 Thank you. I am looking at two 584 mine and my sons same block aluminum casting 4 bolts His has the cap facing forward mine is not. so I am thinking 4 bolt could be put on wrong is bolt spacing is the same? If it was never used, it would not cause problems if installed wrong. I will fine out when I take it off and see where the holes line up.  His loader is hooked up and working.

Shop notes......

THIS INFO APPLIES TO IH 74, 84 SERIES AND CASEIH 85 SERIES PRIOR TO SERIAL NUMBER 18001:

TO INSTALL POWER BEYOND ON 74 SERIES PRIOR TO SERIAL NUMBER 113209 USE 470603R4 COVER SERIAL NUMBER 113210 AND AFTER USE THE 123082C1 COVER

TO INSTALL A POWER BEYOND FOR LOADER OR OTHER AUXIIARY FUNCTIONS REPLACE THE END COVER 123104C1 ON THE HYDRAULIC VALVE BANK WITH PART NUMBER 123082C1 WHICH IS A POWER BEYOND COVER.

FOR 85 SERIES ABOVE THE SERIAL NUMBER 18001 THE POWER BEYOND IS BUILT INTO THE VALVE BANK ALREADY TO INSTALL AN AUXILIARY CIRCUIT ON THESE TRACTORS COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING;

REMOVE THE HYDRAULIC RETURN LINE PART NUMBER 99530C1 AND CAP IT WITH PART NUMBER 9403373 THEN TURN ELBOW IN THE VALVE TO A USABLE ANGLE, NOTE; THIS WILL BE SUPPLY TO AUXILIARY VALVE.

NOTE: ALL SERIAL NUMBERS THE RETURN LINE FROM AUXILIARY VALVE WILL ATTACH TO THE TRANSMISSION HOUSING DIRECTLY BELOW THE RIGHT REAR AXLE HOUSING USING PART 218-5078

NOTE; IF VALVE IS DISCONNECTED THE PRESSURE AND RETURN HOSES HAVE TO BE CONNECTED TO COMPLETE THE CIRCUIT OR DAMAGE TO THE PUMP WILL RESULT DUE TO CONSTANTLY RUNNING OVER THE RELIEF VALVE.

3 hours ago, oldiron29 said:

R-190 Thank you. I am looking at two 584 mine and my sons same block aluminum casting 4 bolts His has the cap facing forward mine is not. so I am thinking 4 bolt could be put on wrong is bolt spacing is the same? If it was never used, it would not cause problems if installed wrong. I will fine out when I take it off and see where the holes line up.  His loader is hooked up and working.

you DONOT have a power beyond cover  if you had a power beyond cover without a hose to return the oil you would be on high pressure all the time  as noted in the last line of CIHTECHS POST you have the original end cap no it will not work  when you turn it the bolts will not fit and the oil holes will run the wrong direction . CIHTECH LISTED THE COVER YOU NEED 123082C1 you have cover123104c1 I have worked on a lot of those machines our info is correct in fact I am working on a 784row crop with a 2250 loader tonight hanging  the  loader valve I have a stack of those 123104c1covers I have taken off to add loaders

If you can't find the proper Power Beyond plate there is another method to connect the loader hydraulics, see photo below.
The elbow where pipe #39 has connects on top of the Remote valve has a lock nut that can be loosened and the elbow turned to align with input hose to loader valves.
Again if loader valve is removed either pipe item #39 has to be replaced or the loader valve in and out hoses have to be connected together.

This is the method most IH Techs used in Canada.

1189139587_484LoaderConnect.thumb.jpg.332175ddacde6d6728b3a1b3517c6c33.jpg

being the cover is mounted to the end of a valve that has open center it should be flowing fluid all the time. By hooking to outlet on cap I should get pressure to aux. valve 

with open center and return to hydraulic drain plug. that is how my son's is hooked up and working.

I will ID my cover today 123104C1 or 123082C1 should not matter but I need to check orientation or the cap/outlet. 

Still need 1-5/16 adapter for drain plug and 7/8 adapter for supply from cover.

• 7 months later...

http://www.ihpartsandequipment.com/images/detailed/3/P5040221_(Medium).jpg

see part # 123104C1 this is a 2 hole 4 bolt end cap that recycles fluid and will not make pressure.

If I remember right you tap and install flush plug center hole and that will make pressure to end where hex plug is.

to supply your loader valve. You must have flow do not dead end anything open center loader valve with flow back into rear end for return.