the marker control on my 800 planter isn't working. Can I run them off a remote from the tractor? What is the plumbing? thanks. 

Actually, if I could get the control box to work right, it would be even better. I have power into the box, and all 4 prongs on the light bulb side are hot, which doesn't seem right. I presume one pair is for automatic, and the other is for advance. Neither bulb will light. I have some small pasture fields to plant to corn, notill. I just can't follow the rows to space out the next set of rows, thought maybe the markers would help.

Edited by ny bill o

I assume a 6 row pull type?

Sounds like a ground issue. Make sure the ground wire from the marker control box is good. The wires through the tongue are a weak spot where they go into the tube next to the hydraulic hoses. 
Also there's a module unit on the marker valve under the seed hopper. 

1 hour ago, FarmerFixEmUp said:

I assume a 6 row pull type?

Sounds like a ground issue. Make sure the ground wire from the marker control box is good. The wires through the tongue are a weak spot where they go into the tube next to the hydraulic hoses. 
Also there's a module unit on the marker valve under the seed hopper. 

yes, 6 row pull type. the marker box and the cyclomitor grounds both go directly to the negative post on the single Gp 31 battery. I will take them apart and shine up in the morning. maybe related or not- the monitor won't read the seed count either. it will sense when the seeds start dropping, and displays 0 on row 1 until I get the end of the row, then scans 1-6 until it starts planting again, then 0, 1 again.

Grounds can definitely cause weird things to happen. For a quick check, hook a wire to the neg battery terminal and then to the planter to bypass all of the connections in between. I'm not sure if the planter frame is grounded or just the wire from the controls. You can use a set of jumper cables for this test if you have any long enough. 

5 hours ago, ny bill o said:

the marker control on my 800 planter isn't working. Can I run them off a remote from the tractor? What is the plumbing? thanks. 

Actually, if I could get the control box to work right, it would be even better. I have power into the box, and all 4 prongs on the light bulb side are hot, which doesn't seem right. I presume one pair is for automatic, and the other is for advance. Neither bulb will light. I have some small pasture fields to plant to corn, notill. I just can't follow the rows to space out the next set of rows, thought maybe the markers would help.

I took the hoses off our 800 and ran them up front. You still need power on the module to lower planter though.

I'll tear all mine off and send it to you. I'm getting sick of remembering to flip the switch off for waterways and every now and then it will advance and then advance again so the same marker goes down.

And then this year whenever the right marker was set to lower, the auto toolbar height would let it go too low, so bump it back up to get arms level and pray marker didn't lift.....

It's all coming off, each marker is getting it's own remote and I'm putting stoppers on the lift cylinders.

1 hour ago, brahamfireman said:

I'll tear all mine off and send it to you. I'm getting sick of remembering to flip the switch off for waterways and every now and then it will advance and then advance again so the same marker goes down.

And then this year whenever the right marker was set to lower, the auto toolbar height would let it go too low, so bump it back up to get arms level and pray marker didn't lift.....

It's all coming off, each marker is getting it's own remote and I'm putting stoppers on the lift cylinders.

That’s what I did you can run markers both off same remote just flip real fast back and forth to raise both. Ran a 500 for years with markers on one remote.

Got sick of that setup years ago. We have the markers on their own valve on the tractor. Still use the electric, but have two toggle switches one for each marker. Now the markers behave exactly how I want them to. Raise a marker without raising the planter and right, left, both or neither. Handiest thing we ever did on ours.

13 minutes ago, dale560 said:

That’s what I did you can run markers both off same remote just flip real fast back and forth to raise both. Ran a 500 for years with markers on one remote.

Have 3 remotes, my 7000 is set up with one on each remote, only way to go. super handy for carrying long straight runs into the odd shaped fields around here.  Pic a spot on the horizon and drop both.