Sign in to follow this  
vtfireman85

Fun in the sun with the 7

We’re setting up some building lots for a fellow for power, had to get the 7 out to clear some rose bushes and brambles. Bringing her to the shop for a greasing and oil change before heading out with her. Skeeters were nasty I tell ya, got 6 in one swat more than once.

this dozer is a real favorite of mine, funny how you can get attached to iron. 

More pics to come

D75E5F44-20BD-44BF-8D7D-CDEBB5C9D12B.jpeg

7E50C034-3795-4C72-A05A-893F9C133FE1.jpeg

5BB21A41-C8F8-47BF-A7A8-EB09C478D46C.jpeg

• Like 12

I would love to have something like that. Nice looking machine. 

Thanks, went through and re bushed the control levers, pressure washed and pressure washed and pressure washed and then I pressure washed, built up and reshimed the blade tilt, replaced the slides for track tensioning, re bushed and repined the push frame, and I think one final drive seal. We always do new batteries and cables and if there is any question about it a starter. This lives in a fuel tank garage on a remote piece of property so no starts are a bigger pain than usual.  I think many would have just put it to work as is but dad was set on perfection. Everything that comes through here gets the same kind of treatment, sometimes I wonder if it wouldn’t be easier and cheaper to buy new. 

Anyway once it was so clean and tight it seemed a shame not to paint it, then it looked so nice it oughta have proper decals..... it’s a slippery slope. 

• Like 2

Iirc the dealer wanted 160 bucks for this decal, I think I found it in ebay for around 50

49035E62-7DCD-4F08-8772-DBAF09C17731.jpeg

That is a beauty, must be nice and tight to operate

35 minutes ago, hardtail said:

That is a beauty, must be nice and tight to operate

Thank you, It is tight, my friend with the 20+k hour td7e says it’s too tight and unusable, but I think he’s jealous. Amazing how loud it is compared to the backhoe with the same engine. I like the TD crawlers for their ground clearance and stability. I also like the controls on them, I feel the t-handle JD has too much going on and tend to get worn out and not work right. I’m also a big fan of the 4b, not that I don’t like the D239, but I’d rather it be the Cummins. 

Funny that you move your “7” on a three axle trailer and I only move my “7” on a two axle trailer.

And my “7” has a pony motor.......

Just now, 1586 Jeff said:

Funny that you move your “7” on a three axle trailer and I only move my “7” on a two axle trailer.

Move it on a 1 axle truck when there is a dock to unload with at the destination 

1 minute ago, vtfireman85 said:

Move it on a 1 axle truck when there is a dock to unload with at the destination 

If I moved my D-7 on a truck it would have to be a large one.  If it was a single axle truck it would have to be a really large truck...

Pushed a few stumps out yesterday, by the time I got to driveway work it was too bloody hot to take pics

13F858B5-FABA-4CB9-97B2-FF61F2D50AF3.jpeg

18B57910-4D08-4CA7-8192-38C2035CF664.jpeg

940A474C-335C-44D6-AA5E-F47945FF2390.jpeg

• Like 2

Nice machine indeed. I see they finally put an access in the hood for filling the oil, also notice the raised platform for the exhaust, wonder why?  Is that an air filter indicator on the right side of the instrument panel?  I have an "e" series 8, and comparing differences. Nice machines 

Mark

That thing looks handier than a pocket on a shirt 

10 hours ago, td9inidaho said:

Nice machine indeed. I see they finally put an access in the hood for filling the oil, also notice the raised platform for the exhaust, wonder why?  Is that an air filter indicator on the right side of the instrument panel?  I have an "e" series 8, and comparing differences. Nice machines 

Mark

It’s a pressure filter change indicator. I try to change filters before indicators show it anyway. It gets about 30-40 hours a year, so it gets filters changed earlier than recommended(annually) and sometimes it gets a winter oil change to 10-30 for ease of starting and quicker pressure build. My friend has a 7-E it is got a smaller fuel  tank mounted farther foreword it’s got narrower tracks and seems a little more slender, I’m not sure exactly the difference, some stuff interchanges some doesn’t I suspect your bottom would more closely match a 7G the exhaust platform I presume is related to the Cummins, has a sort of spring seal in there. 

55 minutes ago, dumbfarmer said:

That thing looks handier than a pocket on a shirt 

It are, pushes like a pregnant Olympian too. 

Pouring it on

She needs a good bath now, 

hows that for 15 hour oil in a Cummins? 

1B99CFC5-A596-4995-BC12-0D8348A4120E.jpeg

0A8DA644-C4D1-437D-BEC4-AE5981EA6E44.jpeg

On 5/26/2020 at 9:39 PM, 1586 Jeff said:

TD7 weighs over 7 tons. D7 must be 20 ? tons.