MFWD Hydro 84

Zackridesred

I would lean toward the skid steer attachment simply due to the variety of attachments that are commonly available. Consignment auctions are piled high with them, brand new, selling for half of what you pay through a dealer for the same thing as a general rule.

As you say, if they're holding up on heavy track loaders, and you're the least bit careful with yours, it won't be a problem.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zackridesred said:

Interesting, maybe this is true for light duty skid steer brackets or the pre made adaptors for farm tractors? They use the same system on 100hp, 12,000lb track loaders without any longevity issues, I can't think of a more punishing environment than concrete demo with that type of machine and they seem to hold up ok there. But it does sound like the euro set-up is stronger still

Thanks for the input, I am leaning global/euro the more I look into it and the more feedback I get. I don't have any experience with the Euro setup but I do have a lot of experience with the skid steer equipment so I was initially thinking that would be the way to go.

Now to switch sides and advocate for a skid steer coupler:  There are a lot more attachments available for the skid steer coupler, especially at rental houses.  If you were to add a third hydraulic valve, you could use buckets with grapples, hydraulic augers, brooms, angling blades, etc and just rent them for short term use. The skid steer attachments will probably be cheaper than the same thing with the Euro coupler and will show up on auctions more often.  Let your possible future uses be a guide.

• Like 1

Ordered a new pump and pilot relief valve earlier this week from Bates Corp, they were super helpful over the phone and were the only reasonably price place I could find for a new NOT Chinese made pump.

It's difficult to make out in the pictures but on closer inspection the pilot relief valve had quite a bit of wear and the seat had some chipping, looks very similar to what I have seen when a valve flutters from being oversized/too little flow. Hopefully this is the last of the damage I find from the clogged filter intake screen.

I found a steal of a deal on a set of front tires and wheels. The original rims need quite a bit of work so they will go into the project pile for now. The new wheels will need to be painted something other than  "drain your bank account yellow" before they are put on. 

Don't worry, I won't engage the front axle until I find matching 460/85r30 tires for the rear

20200606_085823.jpg

20200606_085834.jpg

20200606_085202.jpg

20200606_085207.jpg

1 hour ago, Zackridesred said:

I found a steal of a deal on a set of front tires and wheels. The original rims need quite a bit of work so they will go into the project pile for now. The new wheels will need to be painted something other than  "drain your bank account yellow" before they are put on. 

Don't worry, I won't engage the front axle until I find matching 460/85r30 tires for the rear

20200606_085202.jpg

20200606_085207.jpg

Sweet tires. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Matt Kirsch said:

Meh, the stigma of yellow rims is overplayed. 

100% agreed, but I can't pass up an opportunity to jest about other brands. I'm not a fan of the ketchup and mustard look of a red body with yellow wheels so these will get painted, I'll probably paint the rears to match

I painted the front wheels and got one side on the tractor. This is just a quick spray paint job, mainly for proof of concept of the color scheme. I used the magic IH red rattle cans from tractor supply for the wheel centers, I like the color but man does that stuff take forever to dry.

Once I get more serious about painting I will blast, prime and spray a single stage enamel.  

I may have to widen the track width of the front, I have it set just under 80" with the outside of the wheel being flush with the planetary gear box on the axle. Looks like the tires are going to be really close to or touch the loader frame. Trying to keep the tires inside the width of a 84" bucket. The front width was set to 86" before with a 72" bucket, not what I would consider ideal

On a side note, has anyone in history ever used thread anti-seize without getting it all over everything??

20200608_091532.jpg

My preference would be a Euro-style quick attach for a 2250 due to the Euro's ease of hook-up, the positive locking, and the fact that the ag industry is going this way.  The downside is that the Euro buckets and other attachments are a bit more expensive and a bit more difficult to find.

I say this even though I've sold over 15,000 skid steer couplers for tractors loaders in the last 24 years.  Have no fear, Euros are available, as well.  PM me if you want more info.

ET-CA1 B Resize.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IHC_1470 said:

Here is a picture of the front wheel on one of my 84's. This on is the larger tired one of the two. Have never had any issues hitting anything on the tractor and they sit inside the bucket. 

Image00010.jpg

Thank you for the picture, looks like this is placing the hub about 1" or so inside of the wheel?  I think this is the exact arrangements I will end up using on mine, this should set the front width at about 81-82"

Equipmentjunkie thanks for the info, once I'm ready to start working on the loader I'll send you a PM about the adapters