My Son Got Himself a New Tractor

My oldest son loves tractors as much as anyone on here and over a year ago he was promised his grandparents John Deere 2010 as a Christmas present. In a long story it became apparent that what was promised was not going to be delivered. He was heartbroken but handled his disappoint in a way I was proud of, so I have been looking for a tractor to buy for him. Well today we found it. It is a 1948 Farmall Cub. It needs some work but runs when pull started, shifts into all heard and the hydraulic s work and only cast $750.

He is already having fun working with me to figure out what is wrong with the electric ignition system and making note of other needed repairs. I have a front blade and plow for my other cub I told him he can have to use and we are on the lookout for a disc and cultivator.

He is one happy 8 year old.

IMG_4057.jpeg

• Like 15

A nice one for him to start with. He'll be out mowing with everyday. 

That is great.

He’ll remember this day the rest of his life. I will always remember when my Cub came into the yard on the trailer...... and that was before I was asked if I wanted to have it. 

My dad was 9 when grandpa bought him his cub, still has it. way to go you will have great memories with this, be careful , cubs can be tippy. He looks like one happy kid for good reason. 
how much extra HP do you get with the straight pipe?