Sign in to follow this  
vtfireman85

Tri-Star shotguns

Had a lady asking me about break action shotguns, she wasn’t looking to spend a ton I tried to politely tell her that the 2 things don’t go together and suggested she might consider a pump, but she’s set on a break. I got a flyer advertising TriStar and it seems someone, maybe sandhiller had good things to say about them. 

Any input? 

never heard of them - im with you pumps are great but if she wants a cracker id go searching pawn shops there are plenty of them in shops around here it seems, my buddy even found a double 10 once upon a time. lots of single crackers around 

Vt ,  you doing the right thing By telling the customer the options 👍🏻,. Never heard of tri star can’t say . What’s the customer going to use the shot for trap, sporting clays ? 

• Thanks 1

I think Tri Star is an okay firearm for occasional shooting. Not sure if I would wanna compete with one all the time. 

• Thanks 1

I’ve had Remington spartan , and Baikal   both same people making . Only issue the 20 didn’t eject shell Lower  when it Got hot , sold them , my friend said the twenty was correctEd  with some polishing ,20 was a beautiful gun , don’t know how they can make them for that 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 560Dennis said:

I’ve had Remington spartan , and Baikal   both same people making . Only issue the 20 didn’t eject shell Lower  when it Got hot , sold them , my friend said the twenty was correctEd  with some polishing ,20 was a beautiful gun , don’t know how they can make them for that 

My wife has a Remington Baikal 410/22. I would venture to guess she has killed more Coons with it then most people ever see. One night she shot 11 times and we found 9 bodies. I didn’t drag the tarp off the silage pile to find the rest of them. The Baikal has some pretty wood in the stock and has never had any issues. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, 560Dennis said:

Vt ,  you doing the right thing By telling the customer the options 👍🏻,. Never heard of tri star can’t say . What’s the customer going to use the shot for trap, sporting clays ? 

Not sure , she’s a little different, I suspect clays, but says she wants to get into duck hunting. 

1 hour ago, vtfireman85 said:

Had a lady asking me about break action shotguns, she wasn’t looking to spend a ton I tried to politely tell her that the 2 things don’t go together and suggested she might consider a pump, but she’s set on a break. I got a flyer advertising TriStar and it seems someone, maybe sandhiller had good things to say about them. 

Any input? 

Yup, it was me, sold 5 (CT-5 BL Field Hunter) to the local HS trap club. They're getting along great with them. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

Not sure , she’s a little different, I suspect clays, but says she wants to get into duck hunting. 

When I sold them , I was very careful ,I refused to sell a gun to someone that was giving me any hint they were unsure or a straw sale . People are funny ,all are sales were final , not returns policy ,I was extra careful . 
personally glad I’m out of it 

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, 560Dennis said:

When I sold them , I was very careful ,I refused to sell a gun to someone that was giving me any hint they were unsure or a straw sale . People are funny ,all are sales were final , not returns policy ,I was extra careful . 
personally glad I’m out of it 

Oh, I know the lady fairly well, I just mean she is an unusual lady. She’s a vegetarian but hunts...

i should clarify, doesn’t like beef and can’t kill fish. An unusual lady to be sure. 

Edited by vtfireman85

Bought a TriStar for the wife.   We had just started looking for a shotgun for her and went to the gun shop and stumbled on a 20 gauge used that was like new condition.   It fit her well and we bought it.   It has been good.   Had one problem,  lost the bolt handle hunting one day.   Called TriStar and wanted to buy a new one.   They got info and sent one out free of charge.   I thought that was nice of them.   I would buy another.    

9AE05EFF-0D21-4C11-BDD4-62DA4C06F037.jpeg

• Like 1

Used double barrel 12 gauge are a hundred bucks all day long here at pawn shops and gun stores . Nicer ones for 150 .

20 gauge single shots are 50 bucks. 

Saw a bolt action  mossberg 410 with the old dog pecker  choke  For 60 bucks last week . 

Must depend on where ya live but that stuff is piled up like cord wood around here and no one seams to want it . 

53 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

Used double barrel 12 gauge are a hundred bucks all day long here at pawn shops and gun stores . Nicer ones for 150 .

Saw a bolt action  mossberg 410 with the old dog pecker  choke  For 60 bucks last week . 

Must depend on where ya live but that stuff is piled up like cord wood around here and no one seams to want it . 

I honestly don’t know of a pawn shop anywhere in VT, there’s junk shops, antique stores and the like but I don’t know of any pawn shops. Maybe I don’t pay attention or maybe there’s a law about them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lorenzo said:

I have never seen anything reasonably priced at a pawn shop ESPECIALLY guns or tools.

I have held the TriStar and a friend has a very early model.  Decent gun.

6 minutes ago, Scott! said:

I have never seen anything reasonably priced at a pawn shop ESPECIALLY guns or tools.

DITTO for this area.  Good quality used guns are for sale at many gun retailers but I was looking for a little used FOX SBS double in 12 gauge, owner was very kind to point out that it was not available in North Texas USA.

2 minutes ago, oleman said:

DITTO for this area.  Good quality used guns are for sale at many gun retailers but I was looking for a little used FOX SBS double in 12 gauge, owner was very kind to point out that it was not available in North Texas USA.

My FIL has a Fox SBS, one of Just a couple guns he owns but it was inherited from his uncle I think and is a real beauty.

58 minutes ago, Scott! said:

It’s due to supply and demand.  There’s So much of it around 

I have a tri star 410 o/u . Love the gun it shoots anything I put in it and it always shoots . I went with it bc there is a chance it may get slightly banged up and i didnt wanna spend big money on something that will get beat and banged up . The thing that mainly sold me on it is the sights . They almost jump out and great target acquisition 

2 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

I honestly don’t know of a pawn shop anywhere in VT, there’s junk shops, antique stores and the like but I don’t know of any pawn shops. Maybe I don’t pay attention or maybe there’s a law about them. 

When you go into a pawn shop here there are two prices . 

What there’re    asking ,

and what they will take.

they usually differ greatly.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lorenzo said:

When you go into a pawn shop here there are two prices . 

What there’re    asking ,

and what they will take.

they usually differ greatly.

Not around here. You try to haggle, and their price goes UP.

7 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

Isn’t that one that sells tools in West Rutland? Rte 3 or Rte 4a? Idk the name of it, but I think it’s a pawn shop?? Maybe not.

2 hours ago, Ihfan4life said:

Isn’t that one that sells tools in West Rutland? Rte 3 or Rte 4a? Idk the name of it, but I think it’s a pawn shop?? Maybe not.

Trader ricks? I suppose that’s as close as I can think of, but mostly he sell crap, remember the CL idiots who offer 1/4 of you asking price? He’s one of those.

Have you looked into stoeger, I have the coach gun with the 20" barrels, but they have longer up to about 28" all are break action, I love the coach gun for feel and it fits great into baggy pants.

7 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

Trader ricks? I suppose that’s as close as I can think of, but mostly he sell crap, remember the CL idiots who offer 1/4 of you asking price? He’s one of those.

The Trading Center? Never been there. I don’t know anything about him, but it is West Rutland