Now that spring plantings over. I want to start putting LED's on the 5088. I was never a fan of the lower cab lights, all they do is light up the front tires. I plan to convert the hood lights to led, but will probably unhook the lower cab lights and figure out something else.  Looking for ideas on what others have done to put more lights on the front of the 88 series.

I was thinking of adding them to the outer edges of the front bolster,  seem to recall FWA tractors had extra lights up there????

46 minutes ago, brahamfireman said:

I was thinking of adding them to the outer edges of the front bolster,  seem to recall FWA tractors had extra lights up there????

There was an option that had two lights located just behind the front weight bracket. It also used different housings and round sealed beams for the lower cab corner lights where they could be adjusted to shine to the sides instead of forward. 

55B1C27D-9F29-4A5B-8C80-424F6400A375.png

• Like 1

Talk to Mike Links, I got all of my LEDs for my 5488 from him.  Those front cab corner lights, if you get the newer square style they can be swiveled out a little, and they work much better than the originals.

If you have a 2WD tractor you’ll find that you might now need the lights at the bottom of the nose.  The LEDs shine things up so much better than the originals.  

• Like 1

As far I’m concerned those side lights are to show where you been or where your going on MFD. Set them almost 90 deg out each side. Mount two lights on the weight bracket at 45 deg if your going LED you won’t have to run a separate circuit just branch into to your front lights. 

That’s how mine swings 

John

If you take time to aim the side lights they are decent.  The leds in the nose make a huge difference!

post-52664-0-57280500-1365480749_thumb.jpg

Example of the led lights we put on. as others have said, once you get led lights you will be able to turn them to light up all of the area in front of the tractor.  The lower cab lights I have shining to the side and toward the front and catch the edge of what the four up front light up. I have the two by the weights attached to the bolt on the weight hold down bar so the lights are out in the open more so they can be adjusted better.  The pic below shows the new led front lights and how it’s attached to the weights 

IMG_2845.JPG.49990970d1fdb90fa79e324cfee26d59.JPG

I put leds in the grill of my 5088 3 years ago or so. Bought them from Mike Links. I tried the high-low lights but those throw more of a spot for a beam. He exchanged them for the ones I think he recommends for the cab corners they are more of a flood beam. I love them. They made a huge difference. They don't have high and low but being a flood pattern I don't think they are as blinding to oncoming traffic. A few years earlier I had put 2 halogen lights between each flasher and the wiper on the black strip on the top front of the cab kinda like a magnum has. That and the leds have made that a terrific tractor  to run at night. 

On my 5488mfd I put leds everywhere  the factory lights were except the ones below the grill I made a bracket to go across above the weights and mounted 2 trapezoid and 2 flood beams  as well as putting the same square led in the grill as my 5088. That tractor really lights things up. Mike has been good to work with. I think he has good products. By the way the four lights above my weights are 4 inch round lites. I think look like they belong on the tractor since they are the same shape as the ones on the rear fenders. I would put that 54 up against the new tractors for brightness 

It's a 2 wheel machine. I put LED's on my 3394 this spring, only used it twice at nite but what a huge difference!!!!

This year was a good spring, but some years you only get a couple of good days between rains,  so being it's the planter tractor I want good lights if i have to plant at night. I like the look of the rounds like the MFD tractors use, might have to go that route. I put the front weights on for the mounted 8 row, then take them off for the saddle tanks, so dont want to put anything on the weight bracket.

9 hours ago, brahamfireman said:

It's a 2 wheel machine. I put LED's on my 3394 this spring, only used it twice at nite but what a huge difference!!!!

This year was a good spring, but some years you only get a couple of good days between rains,  so being it's the planter tractor I want good lights if i have to plant at night. I like the look of the rounds like the MFD tractors use, might have to go that route. I put the front weights on for the mounted 8 row, then take them off for the saddle tanks, so dont want to put anything on the weight bracket.

I would probably just change all your lights to leds and see what you think first then. You could always add lights later if you need to. The lights I put on the cab on my 5088 really helped but was time consuming to mount. I didn't do it on my 54 because of time but I never have needed to take weights off and on. The higher you put the lights the better it lights up the ground. I plant with my 5088 on a 12row planter

• Like 2

I put an LED light bar between the two flashers on top of the cab, it sprays out light very very good - no i dont get a bunch of rebound light into the cab at night with it so its great

we have a loader on ours so the two lower lights are pretty much useless