Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Qc.Can.IH man

Fieldwork pictures from Qc. Can

Recommended Posts

Looks like HP got himself a nice clean baler. I was a bit confused which picture was which as well:D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice pics, I’m surprised troodoh didn’t try to photo bomb you though.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Field's have been lighter then usual a little south of you also. I’m guessing we are 30% off usual yields. Here’s Friday cutting and raking for some balage. 
CB88503A-7B24-418F-BB6A-DCBCBD2A7B78.thumb.jpeg.c7511e83be0687bc3d3a42da18565d21.jpeg 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, NY1468 said:

Field's have been lighter then usual a little south of you also. I’m guessing we are 30% off usual yields. Here’s Friday cutting and raking for some balage. 
CB88503A-7B24-418F-BB6A-DCBCBD2A7B78.thumb.jpeg.c7511e83be0687bc3d3a42da18565d21.jpeg 

How far are you from herkimer or Cooperstown?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

How far are you from herkimer or Cooperstown?

We are about 2 hrs north east of Cooperstown. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dale,  the side shot of the Magnum with the mower.  Is that Hull / Ottawa in the back ground? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NY1468 said:

We are about 2 hrs north east of Cooperstown. 

Kul, I know your area, we spent a week there for the hof presentation gossage was inducted.  We did the Erie Canal tour out of herkimer, being over here all we ever thought about was the city what an eye opener coming across from Michigan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Dasnake said:

Kul, I know your area, we spent a week there for the hof presentation gossage was inducted.  We did the Erie Canal tour out of herkimer, being over here all we ever thought about was the city what an eye opener coming across from Michigan.

New York isn’t a small state, city makes up a very small portion of the total area. My land boarders the Champlain canal system and you can see some of the Adirondack mountains from the house. It’s a nice area but is getting infiltrated with city people slowly....

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NY1468 said:

New York isn’t a small state, city makes up a very small portion of the total area. My land boarders the Champlain canal system and you can see some of the Adirondack mountains from the house. It’s a nice area but is getting infuriating with city people slowly....

Damn city people!!!!!!!!!

wait a minute...........🤪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, NY1468 said:

Field's have been lighter then usual a little south of you also. I’m guessing we are 30% off usual yields. Here’s Friday cutting and raking for some balage. 
CB88503A-7B24-418F-BB6A-DCBCBD2A7B78.thumb.jpeg.c7511e83be0687bc3d3a42da18565d21.jpeg 

I’ve been travelling a couple of hours in all directions from me and all the hay fields look poor this year!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, redturbo said:

Dale,  the side shot of the Magnum with the mower.  Is that Hull / Ottawa in the back ground? 

Mostly Ottawa, Hull would be more to the right. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Qc.Can.IH man said:

I’ve been travelling a couple of hours in all directions from me and all the hay fields look poor this year!

I cut a field yesterday behind the barn next door. talk about the hair on a dog! heaviest all year- I guess it really liked the urea I put on it in April. I hope it gets dry by Thursday or Friday. all my other fields- lighter than normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are some more pictures.

3688 tedding alfalfaDE43D67F-0D26-415D-BC44-9FC69F8E0646.thumb.jpeg.9152463f3c91fdc08c9d85ff5258e4ad.jpeg0F94E043-01E1-40E3-8323-CB9F7C38E819.thumb.jpeg.1b85361acbad0e40df3721b583afd4dd.jpeg

1086 on the Kuhn rake

02E45690-2133-4CDF-B71F-79BCF156C186.thumb.jpeg.bbcb63c95c3cd52e14fb9916f3f6baa1.jpeg

CEF782AA-2F28-444A-BCCF-29104645F0EC.thumb.jpeg.fb3ce5201def698def3b3a92436ffdd9.jpeg

from the seat of the 986 baling hay 

E04E2E62-5953-4F41-A496-0316BE62E471.thumb.jpeg.ed441e56c4fea448f85d8064b55cd600.jpegB36B8158-2116-41C2-BFC1-56BF685BB9DD.thumb.jpeg.89a2542d05ee49a21e4aa540f88633d9.jpeg

MX 220 on the Taarup (now Kuhn) baler

2A5E1326-B2E3-4BCB-8C7F-9E9CC2743874.thumb.jpeg.adc409fafe792c1697804d7ce41f92f5.jpeg8C3F2394-7A45-4C83-929E-BA5793963A16.thumb.jpeg.b06663b6ac4ee6532524903f1d0ba208.jpegE75CE443-1639-4AC3-B4AE-4B2296C3B86F.thumb.jpeg.039ce37663ee1d568983053b184f38c9.jpeg

had one of my customers haul their own hay with my pick up and trailer

C6F154DD-6436-486E-AE46-C9DE49C70DF9.thumb.jpeg.523fe6cdde1c87d13185d8aee5672bca.jpeg

my Hydro 186 and wagons When picking up bales close to home

3B599C2F-757A-4441-BE9C-AFDA3405AD30.thumb.jpeg.2a09b9a01a5535b27834def03ec40a54.jpeg67613749-8B31-4089-A95F-0522FF796CBB.thumb.jpeg.630ad038d8057eb0c5acd2bb18ec7d4b.jpeg

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2020 at 8:56 PM, Qc.Can.IH man said:

I picked up some seed oats from my buddy, It was incredible how clean it was straight out of the combine!

 He has an old international 105 that he bought from my uncle about 10 years ago

D8F68300-1065-46B6-B287-444C396C3F29.jpeg

91ABB0C1-E993-4523-83CE-4E19D15B9329.jpeg

DDFAF5FC-7C00-4BAE-AACF-A258693F6ED5.jpeg

Those look like Finnish  Oates , Where did they come from ? They will be a lot more heads 10 to twenty five percent and they will be heavy straw more leaves than Clinton 45. 
please post a picture of harvest growth and the heads ,I would like to see ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 560Dennis said:

Those look like Finnish  Oates , Where did they come from ? 

I have no idea of the variety name, my buddy had them, I needed seed oats, They yield very well for him! 
 They were so clean out of the combine I seeded them like that!

 I will ask him and get back to you on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Qc.Can.IH man said:

I have no idea of the variety name, my buddy had them, I needed seed oats, They yield very well for him! 
 They were so clean out of the combine I seeded them like that!

 I will ask him and get back to you on that.

My neighbors were from Finland ,they had oats like that. My father ask his Finnish co worker going to Finland that summer to bring him back some grain seeds , he brought back this hardy Oates that look like that in a quart mason jar  ! We raised them up from their .   If they aren’t from Finland they are a variety that grows in short summers, Scandinavia possibly. I’m very happy to see them ,they bring back many memories. 
i
I hope you have good luck with them we did . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, diesel1206 said:

Here is another picture from QC

:) 

1206IMG_6025.jpg

That’s nice! 
 Let me guess… your 1206?

Feel free to post more if you have them! 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Qc.Can.IH man said:

Here are some more pictures.

3688 tedding alfalfaDE43D67F-0D26-415D-BC44-9FC69F8E0646.thumb.jpeg.9152463f3c91fdc08c9d85ff5258e4ad.jpeg0F94E043-01E1-40E3-8323-CB9F7C38E819.thumb.jpeg.1b85361acbad0e40df3721b583afd4dd.jpeg

1086 on the Kuhn rake

02E45690-2133-4CDF-B71F-79BCF156C186.thumb.jpeg.bbcb63c95c3cd52e14fb9916f3f6baa1.jpeg

CEF782AA-2F28-444A-BCCF-29104645F0EC.thumb.jpeg.fb3ce5201def698def3b3a92436ffdd9.jpeg

from the seat of the 986 baling hay 

E04E2E62-5953-4F41-A496-0316BE62E471.thumb.jpeg.ed441e56c4fea448f85d8064b55cd600.jpegB36B8158-2116-41C2-BFC1-56BF685BB9DD.thumb.jpeg.89a2542d05ee49a21e4aa540f88633d9.jpeg

MX 220 on the Taarup (now Kuhn) baler

2A5E1326-B2E3-4BCB-8C7F-9E9CC2743874.thumb.jpeg.adc409fafe792c1697804d7ce41f92f5.jpeg8C3F2394-7A45-4C83-929E-BA5793963A16.thumb.jpeg.b06663b6ac4ee6532524903f1d0ba208.jpegE75CE443-1639-4AC3-B4AE-4B2296C3B86F.thumb.jpeg.039ce37663ee1d568983053b184f38c9.jpeg

had one of my customers haul their own hay with my pick up and trailer

C6F154DD-6436-486E-AE46-C9DE49C70DF9.thumb.jpeg.523fe6cdde1c87d13185d8aee5672bca.jpeg

my Hydro 186 and wagons When picking up bales close to home

3B599C2F-757A-4441-BE9C-AFDA3405AD30.thumb.jpeg.2a09b9a01a5535b27834def03ec40a54.jpeg67613749-8B31-4089-A95F-0522FF796CBB.thumb.jpeg.630ad038d8057eb0c5acd2bb18ec7d4b.jpeg

 

Very enviable lineup of Red Power, thanks for the pics😃

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 560Dennis said:

My neighbors were from Finland ,they had oats like that. My father ask his Finnish co worker going to Finland that summer to bring him back some grain seeds , he brought back this hardy Oates that look like that in a quart mason jar  ! We raised them up from their .   If they aren’t from Finland they are a variety that grows in short summers, Scandinavia possibly. I’m very happy to see them ,they bring back many memories. 
i
I hope you have good luck with them we did . 

I asked my buddy this morning about the oats, he said he didn’t have a clue, just bought some cleaned oats well over 10 years ago and been planting them ever since. 
 He always seems to have good luck with them, Plenty of straw and a good test weight. 
 I have to say that the oats is doing pretty well considering how dry it is here, we need rain badly! 
 I wasn’t planning on planting any oats this year but one of my neighbours asked me if I would so I said sure. It was planted on may 20 and I just took this picture last Friday. It was 8 or 10 inches tall

4B4DB35F-E939-4752-BB9D-F233B574450A.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

 

Very enviable lineup of Red Power, thanks for the pics😃

Thanks!
However you haven’t seen it all yet! 😜

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2020 at 9:15 AM, Qc.Can.IH man said:

No fieldwork happening the last while but been busy doing other things! 
 One of my adventures has been running around looking for/at small square balers for my buddy.

 Last weekend went to look at one down near Maribel Quebec About an hour and a half east of me, He ended up buying it so we drove back to my place jumped in my truck and headed back to pick up the baler. 
 
 I brought it back to my place I left it sit on the trailer until Tuesday and then I took it to his place to drop it off. It’s a new Holland 310 with a thrower, the original owner said he only put about 25,000 bales through it. Here is a picture of the baler and the proud new owner… I have to say he has more energy and ambition than me!
 Some of you may know him from the forum, his name is Hot Plug...4DBEB766-87E7-479D-98D2-4F84C648F95B.thumb.jpeg.d92e320e932cdc11bce885ccd2874a80.jpeg

 after that I had to deliver a set of axle duals to another forum member In South Mountain Ontario, he goes by the name mountain heritage.
 Mike (Mountain heritage) and I met a few years ago when he was looking for a tractor like my 3688, I was thinking of selling my 3688 to him but I decided to keep it. I told him I had a set of axle duals that came With the 786 I bought, When I was negotiating with the previous owner I told him I did not want to duals, But when I went to pick up the tractor he said the doors are going with it! So I kind of got to duals for free...

 Here is a picture of Mike unloading the duals 

C5756519-3AE0-4BC7-89C9-0578874E0F9A.thumb.jpeg.f769d044974a3ce57ff42ab499c978b1.jpeg

  After that I had to go pick up a Case IH 7500 plow, It’s a 4 furrow That was purchased new in 1994 and it didn’t do very much plowing, and by the looks of it never sat outside very long!

 Another buddy of mine from Wakefield Quebec bought it, he told me he was looking for one and when I seen that one come up for sale I told him to go look at it. 
91F50AC0-9F74-4E7E-BF1D-A1E52588145A.thumb.jpeg.f24701f4b937f4dc39488ff9eb07dd60.jpeg

they also had a nice 656 farmall tractor, We had a 656 for 30 years, it’s been 21 years since I drove a 656


2D26F0E7-F282-4427-BEA9-A692F9EF09CF.thumb.jpeg.1fc3b82f59c5446beef6359b109de604.jpeg

  Hot Plug came with me to tell me how to load the thing.... But I did make him get his hands dirty!081F65FD-56A7-479F-836D-FB7035DFCC98.thumb.jpeg.5bf8b9f90183cbcfaa326f9a28a217e2.jpeg
 Thanks for your help Robert!

Very welcome gift Dale, thank you!

The abuse poor Hot Plug takes! 🤣😁🤣😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Qc.Can.IH man said:

Thanks!
However you haven’t seen it all yet! 😜

Omg, you need to pack a lunch to see all Dale's red iron!!!

Nice job on the 3688, looks good.  You able to get a new cab kit in it too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Mountain Heritage said:

Very welcome gift Dale, thank you!

The abuse poor Hot Plug takes! 🤣😁🤣😁

Anytime Mike! I hope you can make good use of those duals.

don’t feel too bad about Hot Plug....he can dish it out too!

22 minutes ago, Mountain Heritage said:

Nice job on the 3688, looks good.  You able to get a new cab kit in it too?

Thanks. It had a complete restoration, I put a western interior in it and a Bluetooth radio.

 I was hoping to see your 3688 but there just wasn’t enough time, I’ll see it on the next visit for sure!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...