Chevy square body fans

That’s great! I love me some square bodies, I can point out all that crap on the 90’s trucks but the year breaks on the square bodies run together on me, probably due to so much parts swapping over the years 

• Like 2

I had a '79 K5 Blazer and then a '87 Chebby red Silverado short bed 

I had a 78 and 80, have a 75 and 87 now, the 80 was the nicest and when I had it I kind of wanted the 81-87 front end, now I like the 73-80 style a bit more.

This is my 85 shortbox. Just got it two months ago from Tombstone Arizona, spent it's whole life in the desert. I am the 3rd owner. My goal is to have it look like this orange one when I am done. 

20200331_174916.jpg

20200331_174939.jpg

770552b75b41d4cd39a3a3986e95c229863a3ec0.jpeg

• Like 5

We have the remaining drivetrain of our '81 dually at the farm. It is a 454 , 4x4 , with 456 gears . I was hoping to build something out of it. I need a frame and body donor though 

My high school vehicle that I bought jr(?) year, ‘79 2 wheel drive with three on the tree and 250 straight 6.

I pulled that after I graduated and dropped in a small block 400 that was slightly ?tuned. Turbo 350 transmission behind that made a fun truck. 
That left after I bought my first 4 wheel drive truck. Camper special two tone, silver and blue with a 350 and 4 speed. I could fill the truck level with the cab, back to the tailgate with firewood ( sideboards on it) and it still sat level!!

Traded that for a new 1993. 
Still kicking myself for selling/ trading either of the first 2 trucks. Young, dumb, and... well you know the rest.

I was serious looking at a square body last year to play with, found one really cheap, but reality is I have no time or space to deal with another project right now. 
I will someday! 

1 hour ago, Ihfan4life said:

My high school vehicle that I bought jr(?) year, ‘79 2 wheel drive with three on the tree and 250 straight 6.

I pulled that after I graduated and dropped in a small block 400 that was slightly ?tuned. Turbo 350 transmission behind that made a fun truck. 
That left after I bought my first 4 wheel drive truck. Camper special two tone, silver and blue with a 350 and 4 speed. I could fill the truck level with the cab, back to the tailgate with firewood ( sideboards on it) and it still sat level!!

Traded that for a new 1993. 
Still kicking myself for selling/ trading either of the first 2 trucks. Young, dumb, and... well you know the rest.

I was serious looking at a square body last year to play with, found one really cheap, but reality is I have no time or space to deal with another project right now. 
I will someday! 

there would have been nothing left of either one with our chloride, don't beat yourself up too bad. maybe we need to get together and help fill up a transport northbound from Arizona?

Just now, vtfireman85 said:

there would have been nothing left of either one with our chloride, don't beat yourself up too bad. maybe we need to get together and help fill up a transport northbound from Arizona?

Sounds like a plan! Off topic, but did you hear about the horse show?

10 hours ago, Long Farms said:

20171007_182118.jpg

20171024_172924.jpg.075e286d21625ab8a358cb7dad85d3d1.jpg

20170302_131427_zpsx0et0pdw.jpg

20200411_101802.jpg

20171007_193700.jpg

your red one is an identical twin to my dads friends that he put in a pond when it was a month old. its a long story but to summarize the back corner of the tailgate was just above water when the engine finally sucked water. not his proudest day by far. 

Just now, Ihfan4life said:

Sounds like a plan! Off topic, but did you hear about the horse show?

oh yes, good and bad news all rolled into one. this area really depends on it, but the logistics of thousands of people from all over the country descending on our community was too much to reasonable handle. 

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, vtfireman85 said:

oh yes, good and bad news all rolled into one. this area really depends on it, but the logistics of thousands of people from all over the country descending on our community was too much to reasonable handle. 

That was approximately 6 weeks of work for us?

2 minutes ago, Ihfan4life said:

That was approximately 6 weeks of work for us?

its also approximately 1 million dollars a week influx into 2 or 3 small towns over 8 weeks

sorry for the derail. 

47 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

its also approximately 1 million dollars a week influx into 2 or 3 small towns over 8 weeks

sorry for the derail. 

I didn’t realize it was that much!! 

Yea, sorry for the derail... carry on!

I have had a few from '76 to '82

This is probably my favorite. 1976 K5. Good times, fond memories, wish I still had it.

1710798441_76Blazer.jpg.9fa4d5acbb588087929ed9e34c58fabc.jpg

This is an '82 K30 changing leathers in a well. I still have it but it needs some love. 

1806589976_82K30.thumb.jpg.308813414acfc9c164a5109a86cdaa37.jpg

• Like 4

This 93 is not a square body but is an 8650 GVW K2500 454 4.11 10.5 RE with Chevy red gloss paint. And higher compression pistons and an RV cam that passed SMOG test on its 24 th year! No rust 3 owner Sub  first sold in UTAH in 93, Actually have the original dealer window sticker.

IMG_2826.JPG

• Like 3

93 K2500 Suburban verses a GILLIG 30 foot bus.

IMG_3123.thumb.JPG.d2c603c655dff7ceb0c832658a5c9184.JPGLet it be known that the 23,000# EW Cummins ISC 8.3  bus won the match

Actually not some sort of test. Just a comparison of the width of a normal vehicle verses a 102" wide commercial vehicle. Something I have to keep reminding myself of as I work with the the big dog Gillig,

5 hours ago, sandhiller said:

I have had a few from '76 to '82

This is probably my favorite. 1976 K5. Good times, fond memories, wish I still had it.

1710798441_76Blazer.jpg.9fa4d5acbb588087929ed9e34c58fabc.jpg

This is an '82 K30 changing leathers in a well. I still have it but it needs some love. 

1806589976_82K30.thumb.jpg.308813414acfc9c164a5109a86cdaa37.jpg

Is that a Camaro behind the Blazer?

Had a yellow 74 that looks familiar

1 hour ago, hardtail said:

Is that a Camaro behind the Blazer?

Had a yellow 74 that looks familiar

'76 Rally Sport

• Like 1

We had a 76 ,3/4 ton that red brown ,light red orange something( please show or tell me what that two colors was ) , not nice like you guys , of course lots of north East Ohio rust , that a must have , great engine,transmission and drive train ,no body ,perfect, car show honorable mention 

your guys  need good motor and drive train come to northeast Ohio , barely  got 150 thousand before body disappears. 
I raise my hand we had one of the hot set ups 

I think that was a carefully calculated effort by GM as your engine wore and developed less power your vehicle got lighter so you always maintained the power to weight ratio...

My school buddies Dad was a big Dodge guy and his favourite was on a quiet night you can hear a Chevy rust...first time it's funny but then you need to work on new material

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, hardtail said:

I think that was a carefully calculated effort by GM as your engine wore and developed less power your vehicle got lighter so you always maintained the power to weight ratio...

My school buddies Dad was a big Dodge guy and his favourite was on a quiet night you can hear a Chevy rust...first time it's funny but then you need to work on new material

A co worker of mine has a sign hanging in the window of his shop that says the same thing about a ford