Bearing roller in a 1466 had. filter cavity.

found this in the filter cavity of a 1466 I been working on for a guy. .498 diameter, not tapered and .970 long.  Any ideas?

20200522_111535.jpg

• Like 1

Think I figured out what bearing its out of after a visit to IH dealer. Tractor had TA replaced about 5 years ago. 

20200522_143417.jpg

20200522_165307.jpg

• Like 1

Thats the bearing,  Often that gets boogered up when the transmission gets put on the differential.     Someone may have forced it together by drawing the bolts up.    You can stretch a rubber band around the rollers to hold them in, then join the trans to the diff.   You dont have to worry about getting the band off of the rollers.  Leave it in place and it will disappear in time..

• Like 1
On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 7:51 PM, gonzo 1066 said:

Thats the bearing,  Often that gets boogered up when the transmission gets put on the differential.     Someone may have forced it together by drawing the bolts up.    You can stretch a rubber band around the rollers to hold them in, then join the trans to the diff.   You dont have to worry about getting the band off of the rollers.  Leave it in place and it will disappear in time..

Yep, figured thats what happened. Thats what I always do is the rubber band. Sometimes it ends up in the filter cavity too. That roller was the only one I could find even after pulling the 3 point cover off. Figure it wont hurt nothing for him to keep running it mowing hay till we get a chance to split it. He mows in hi 1 so that bearing will be in two shafts locked together.

• Like 1