1086 digital tach

We have a 1086 with the digital tach. Just put a used sensor in and it is still showing erratic reading. For example when it is idling it shows 9xxx. What causes this? 

image.jpg

2 hours ago, 1967ihtruck said:

We have a 1086 with the digital tach. Just put a used sensor in and it is still showing erratic reading. For example when it is idling it shows 9xxx. What causes this? 

image.jpg

You sure the used sensor unit is good ? and adjusted to the correct air gap?

i cured my digital tach problem after sending it off to be fixed and when it returned and still did not work .. i  rented my farm ground out and sold my 1486 to my new renter. now he has a digital tact problem. i did not realize how great life could be with very few worries and wake up every day doing what ever you feel like doing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mine was a ground problem. After tractor was split the ground was not reconnected. It would work like yours until it quit all together. I found the ground resting on the frame near the right battery. It now works like it should. 

The old original tachs were more problems I updated mine to the later style and never had problems again

On 5/21/2020 at 11:05 PM, 74A-472 said:

i cured my digital tach problem after sending it off to be fixed and when it returned and still did not work .. i  rented my farm ground out and sold my 1486 to my new renter. now he has a digital tact problem. i did not realize how great life could be with very few worries and wake up every day doing what ever you feel like doing. 

A little extreme over a bad tach dont you think😎

• Haha 1